It's too bad such a problem exists...tourist destinations are being blocked down because of the virus. I experienced it myself. I've recently rent apartment Calpe and I really hope everything will be alright and my trip will not be halted.

Have BCA/manheim installed hand-wash stations? On a personal level, I’ll be using some of my ‘driving Bourbon’ for washing my hands before I drive it home! 

Edited by metcars

9 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Question to the house

Are you concerned yet

I am

Im not concerned about myself to much health wise more my elderly parents and elderly family friends   

Edited by Casper

We should be, we all deal with the public, and it seems with the upsurge in sales for soap, that handwashing is a new idea :unsure:.

I learnt today that the disease can be carried by cash, another concern, last week i received cash that came from my customer from a deal he had just done with a man, who was that man ? where was he from ? cash turned over 3 times in 3 hours .

You should have noticed that diesel / petrol prices fell this week, my gas contract ends this week, should i fix or go variable ? because variable seems the sensible thing at the minute as who knows how long this disease will be with us ?

42 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Question to the house

Are you concerned yet

I am

• Like 1

How could anyone not be concerned? From a business point of view and personal. Seems they call a mild case/symptoms is when you survive it. Can't imagine many car dealers lungs are in tip top condition..inhaled my usual dose of mannol brake cleaner today. 

10 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Question to the house

Are you concerned yet

I am

The concerning thing is those poor souls who even though they are ill cannot afford to ‘work from home’ because they need wages to pay rent. So I’m staying off trains and buses! 

• Like 1

According to the spin doctors in the private forum, it’s nowt to worry about.

However, is it something to worry about, I definitely think so.

According to a large independent tyre retailer near me, he says there are no supply of budget tyres coming until august. 

Supply chains are going to broken all over the world. 

Even if you are not worried about getting sick, this is going to be a business killer for a few months. Anyone thats not seeing that has their head in the sand.

It has helped my cheaper end of the business. Sold a car to a woman yesterday who "Didn't want to get public transport due to the risk...."

Don't underestimate the impact this will have on business. Demand for major purchases will collapse. Supply of spare parts will be interrupted. Huge drop in FTSE100 this morning. At the moment we are in 'the calm before the storm'.

Some dealers will go out of business for sure.

I advise 'survival mode' for the next few months. Minimal stock, maximise cash at bank, minimise liabilities.

Edited by Halfpenny
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

Don't underestimate the impact this will have on business. Demand for major purchases will collapse. Supply of spare parts will be interrupted. Huge drop in FTSE100 this morning. At the moment we are in 'the calm before the storm'.

I advise 'survival mode' for the next few months. Minimal stock, maximise cash at bank, minimise liabilities.

Good advice.

I don't disagree, however, this business has always been a risk and about taking them.  I for one am certainly starting to notice this bollocks affecting things and people's attitude and confidence.  For sure- we 'ain't seen nothing yet'.

I'm in 'cautious/low-power mode' for sure.

Might finally be some reasonably priced stock about is an upside!

3 hours ago, Halfpenny said:

Quite frankly some deserve to.

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Might finally be some reasonably priced stock about is an upside!

Absolutely. I’ve got as many waiting in my repair queue as I have for sale but a few more at nice money never go amiss. (A few more not quite so knackered would also be a bonus :lol:)

5 hours ago, Stalker said:

Whats happens there stays there right?   

Before I read this thread I wasn't really worried about Covid 19. But you lot have scared me now!

The way I see it there is nothing I can do about it, life goes on and I hope business keeps ticking along. It's been a great start to the year but that money earned can soon get burned if there is a quiet 6 months ahead.

Stay posative chaps!

27 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Whats happens there stays there right?   

:lol:

10 hours ago, Stalker said:

According to a large independent tyre retailer near me, he says there are no supply of budget tyres coming until august. 

never even thought about tyres:unsure:

9 hours ago, Halfpenny said:

totally agree, we saw today = trading stopped in usa, government saying it will get worse, supermarkets confirming longer opening hours for deliveries, and in 14 days [unconfirmed] anyone with a high temperature, chest infection, or "mildly sick" to self isolate, there maybe soon "nothing going on but the rent ".

5 hours ago, BHM said:

Quite frankly some deserve to.

Absolutely. I’ve got as many waiting in my repair queue as I have for sale but a few more at nice money never go amiss. (A few more not quite so knackered would also be a bonus :lol:)

you may not be allowed to travel, and picking up a car  is not seen as "urgent" :lol:

remember, within 14 days you may not be allowed to give a handshake, and must be at least 2 metres away from the next person, so no accompanied test drives then :unsure:

I had 3 ladies in today all together and from the nearest large town,they all work in the big hospital and I kept telling them not to get too near me but they seemed to think it wasn't important,I take my health very seriously

6 feet away minimum

3 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I had 3 ladies in today all together and from the nearest large town,they all work in the big hospital and I kept telling them not to get too near me but they seemed to think it wasn't important,I take my health very seriously

6 feet away minimum

They probably know it cannot be transmitted by air. That's why the 'face mask' thing is hilarious, especially people paying £10 for them?

1 minute ago, metcars said:

They probably know it cannot be transmitted by air. That's why the 'face mask' thing is hilarious, especially people paying £10 for them?

Hi

I see you live in the London area

Come back to me in 3 weeks with this post will you please

Thanks

18 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

6 feet away minimum

it's just a flu said a woman today to me :rolleyes:

Edited by have a word with the wife

I think people brushing this off as 'no different than flu' are pretty damn ignorant - the only reason the current numbers in China are as they are is because their reaction has been so extreme - so far from the current government we've seen very little action; like allowing passengers on flights from the far-east, Italy and Iran etc through unchecked. We're about 10-14 days behind Italy. Dismissing this is probably as stupid as suggesting Brexit is going to be a bed of roses. 

Edited by 15Cars
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Stalker said:

We heard this a couple of weeks ago. No budget tyres coming out of China at all. Pirellis all round I reckon.

On a separate point, I'm assuming that all the people on here that are saying that they are worried about this don't smoke, they drink in moderation, eat a healthy balanced diet, exercise regularly and aren't overweight? 

Thought not.....