A & S

Seen it all now...

Bought a VW Golf 61 reg, car was last mot'd by VAG main dealer had some advisories;

Child seat fitted nsr.

Child seat fitted osr

Nsr door child lock activated

Osr door child lock activated 

I'm baffled with some advisories on mots, can it get any worse? Some mot testers need their brains testing or is it another money making method, I mean the garage probably charged half an hour labour to deactivate child locks.

Wow! I have seen some silly ones but can sort of understand (i.e. windscreen stickers) but they really shout that the MOT station needed some advisories to fill their quota.

Child seat fitted is fair enough as it doesn’t allow full inspection of seat belt.

2 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Child seat fitted is fair enough as it doesn’t allow full inspection of seat belt.

I agree, but the childs locks that's a bit OTT.... the mot tester should be reported to VOSA. 

Is there not something that says the tester can't alter anything without advising it bit like the items removed from drivers view prior test . So in theory he can't check the operation of the rear doors fully without deactivating the child locks which they say he shouldn't do just a thought . We've had some silly ones too 

Edited by Casper

I had one today “car tested when wet” and I also saw one on a car I was looking at “wipers could be better”

I reckon some of them are bored shitless 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EPV said:

I had one today “car tested when wet” and I also saw one on a car I was looking at “wipers could be better”

I reckon some of them are bored shitless 

The wording on some is brilliant too isn't it . Wipers could be better surely should be something along the lines of windscreen wipers deteriorated but still cleaning windscreen effectively     

Ive seen some a trained monkey could have written better .brakes rusty is another not corrosion on brake disc etc 

Edited by Casper

Child lock advisory means the tester is unable to test the rear doors opening from inside which is part of the test. 

Most testers will disable the lock, test and reenable it but advisory is also possible. 

Better than him disabling the lock and then not activating it again. Imagine the complaints. 

Edited by Nick M.K.
  • Like 2

If you fancy a chuckle look at the mot advisories for 2014 on

Y688GCA

Actually brought this car for a friend last year and neither of us noticed at the time :D

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Child lock advisory means the tester is unable to test the rear doors opening from inside which is part of the test. 

Most testers will disable the lock, test and reenable it but advisory is also possible. 

Better than him disabling the lock and then not activating it again. Imagine the complaints. 

100 percent nick your correct 

3 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Y688GCA

Actually brought this car for a friend last year and neither of us noticed at the time :D

Back in the days when you couldnt look such things up online!

I seen one the other day, bumpers have been painted but doesnt effect there effectiveness, some of these have to be a wind up, there was a thread not so long ago with some of the funniest things i have ever seen. 

2 hours ago, AdamRichell said:

Mhm, very interesting. I also agree that tester is correct and unable to check seat belts and locks from inside. Guys, if you are interested in finding a good baby seat/chair then you can check Baby Jogger. I have bought all chairs for my kids ( I have three) from them and to be honest I am very well surprised about the quality and prices of products from that site. On such things is not a good idea to be sorry for your money because it can save the life of your baby, it is very difficult to find a good seat/chair.

But we don't buy seats here pal . think your on the wrong site LOL

WE sell cars 

On 2/28/2020 at 9:33 AM, JA Trader said:

Y688GCA

Glad this thread got bumped as this gave me a laugh, not sure what I find funnier, the big eyed and hairy driver of the fact that last year apparently part of the car body wasn't secured to the floor :lol: