James Baggott

Online only dealer Cazoo’s ambitious plans revealed

8 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Just watched the news

So money comes before health

Who in their right mind is going to get a car s/hand car at this time and happily have it delivered

You would have to be mad,you have absolutely no idea where the cars been etc

A family member had acar come back from a major bodyshop a year back and it had been used as the works canteen

My wife had her car back from the bodyshop last year fully valeted,yes still full of side glass all over the floor in the back seats

Theres only one way to fully sanitise a car interior and that's to do it yourself so you know it's done properly

Hell I'm even leaving my shoes by the back door after my daily walk to make sure I'm safe

Cazoo you are mad

All true. But at some point those big investors will be lobbying their chums in the government to get everyone back to work! Because it’s safe now right? Or it is for most of us, sure a few old or weak might have to be sacrificed, but hey ho!

12 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Just watched the news

So money comes before health

Who in their right mind is going to get a car s/hand car at this time and happily have it delivered

You would have to be mad,you have absolutely no idea where the cars been etc

A family member had acar come back from a major bodyshop a year back and it had been used as the works canteen

My wife had her car back from the bodyshop last year fully valeted,yes still full of side glass all over the floor in the back seats

Theres only one way to fully sanitise a car interior and that's to do it yourself so you know it's done properly

Hell I'm even leaving my shoes by the back door after my daily walk to make sure I'm safe

Cazoo you are mad

Doing the same jacket and shoes at the door 

1 minute ago, metcars said:

All true. But at some point those big investors will be lobbying their chums in the government to get everyone back to work! Because it’s safe now right? Or it is for most of us, sure a few old or weak might have to be sacrificed, but hey ho!

Or at least thats how they will see it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Casper said:

Doing the same jacket and shoes at the door 

Or at least thats how they will see it

People are interpreting the lockdown rules to suit themselves. It’s not their fault, even the police aren’t sure about all this. There really shouldn’t be any ambiguity?

I am guessing a lot of car dealers would love if the situation were clarified one way or another. In the meantime, we have this split. As mentioned on another thread, the science behind this would suggest that the lockdown isn't going to last 6 weeks (3 weeks is old news now). The short term will look different to the mid-term, which will look different to the long term.

1 hour ago, metcars said:

People are interpreting the lockdown rules to suit themselves. It’s not their fault, even the police aren’t sure about all this. There really shouldn’t be any ambiguity?

This is true the community council are putting signs up here saying people shouldnt be walking dogs in a derelict hospital area and taking the registrations of parked cars yet when you read the latest police guidelines it said this is allowed if its a reasonable distance from a person homes    

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

john and mary  were delighted with cazoos

delivery driver .

image.jpeg.df5629e1b8e46b5b5abb3060dcba9b04.jpeg

but slightly concerned with the delivery vehicle. 

image.jpeg.b3077e90954dfc3be13d2ad45ccdee49.jpeg

oh dear, looks like someones not happy :unsure:image.jpeg.c1df8bc12a720d6e46d1c776b9421cf9.jpeg

not to worry, you get 7 days to send it back !

you did read the contract didn't you john and mary ?

image.jpeg.20c0e858ae7c7880aac79e32a5f48ca2.jpeg

should have listened to boris !

image.png.1d13707ee429b77f0c0d0846a705c954.png:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:lol::lol: FFS, it took me back to my daily commute listening to Wigan’s breakfast show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BHM said:

:lol::lol: FFS, it took me back to my daily commute listening to Wigan’s breakfast show.

I used to love that. Janet and John Stories were my favourite 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCS01 said:

I used to love that. Janet and John Stories were my favourite 

Absolutely hilarious. Once I had to slow down on the motorway I was laughing that much - I think it was coming up to a Christmas time. I was howling with laughter, I can’t remember what the story was but the double entendres must of been particularly strong. Tbh I’m surprised the BBC allowed it.

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments. I’ve gone back to the cazoo with them, as well as similar ones from my LinkedIn post, to give them a chance to reply. I’ll let you know what I hear 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 8:59 AM, James Baggott said:

Thanks for your comments. I’ve gone back to the cazoo with them, as well as similar ones from my LinkedIn post, to give them a chance to reply. I’ll let you know what I hear 

How will home delivery on a new car be affected?

The guidance on vehicle delivery for car sales remains unclear, so Auto Trader have decided not to launch our Home Delivery options at this time. We are closely monitoring Government guidance, however, so that when lockdown measures are lifted, we do have solutions that are ready to go.

Some dealerships and retailers are offering home delivery services. If you need a car for essential travel, such as visiting a vulnerable person in need of care, please contact the dealer direct via email or phone to see what your options are.

If the delivery of a car is not essential at this time, it should be delayed until after lockdown measures are eased
On 4/17/2020 at 8:59 AM, James Baggott said:

How will home delivery on a new car be affected?

The guidance on vehicle delivery for car sales remains unclear, so Auto Trader have decided not to launch our Home Delivery options at this time. We are closely monitoring Government guidance, however, so that when lockdown measures are lifted, we do have solutions that are ready to go.

Some dealerships and retailers are offering home delivery services. If you need a car for essential travel, such as visiting a vulnerable person in need of care, please contact the dealer direct via email or phone to see what your options are.

If the delivery of a car is not essential at this time, it should be delayed until after lockdown measures are eased

@New year revolutions...... Thanks for this - was this sent out by Auto Trader? I have just published this investigation piece and it would be good to include those comments in it if I can. Could you send it to me directly? 

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/car-dealers-selling-delivering-cars-lockdown/190334

2 hours ago, James Baggott said:

@New year revolutions...... Thanks for this - was this sent out by Auto Trader? I have just published this investigation piece and it would be good to include those comments in it if I can. Could you send it to me directly? 

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/car-dealers-selling-delivering-cars-lockdown/190334

Sent:)

Via PM,,,, no not that one

• Like 1