A & S

AA Dealer Promise

Feedback please - Had the AA rep in today offering / selling the AA Dealer Promise brand, anyone have them on board? Does it make any difference to sales?

Edited by A & S

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Good for the brand, don’t expect to sell many cars

As above I have it, had it for years, been considering dropping it though but unsure! It’s cheap though!

17 hours ago, A & S said:

Feedback please - Had the AA rep in today offering / selling the AA Dealer Promise brand, anyone have them on board? Does it make any difference to sales?

The rep is asking you to do what they will not do themselves-----ADVERTISE-----. Great branding, but won't market themselves, and this is why we dropped them in Jan 2019 after many years on and off with them. It promises a lot and delivers nothing. Just a hanful of deals a year, and if anything it does sometimes attract the type of punter who thinks all the cars have been AA checked. You know the types...unrealistic expectations.  And the standard of their 'Dealer Promise' is laughable. I think most dealers own standards far exceed the AA's.

Virtually no enquiries from their platform. I think the brand helped a bit as a start up before we had a few reviews but we dropped it as soon as we could. 

I think AA are owned by Centrica (?), just trying to milk the brand name, no interest in delivering value for money.

This is no about sales from there platform but the amount of branding you can put on everything you sell from everywhere else including your sales pitch, Its the  reassurances the customer gets from the trust they have in the AA name that you are buying, The customer also gets 12m roadside assistance from the AA for all cars you sell, I sell 1 car from there site a month, Pays for the outlay

AA Cars: Sold a couple from there in the last couple of months, only been with them for about 4 months or so! So far so good I would say.

Thank you for the feed back. I've signed up, going to try it because of the AA branding. We already have very good reviews on AT and Google. Customers do say that they came here because of the reviews. Telling myself can't do any harm although it is another expense. Time will tell.

Is it a one size fits all fee or do they tailor the monthly/annual charge on a per car or dealer size basis?

5 hours ago, Frankieola said:

How much is it to be part of it? 

6 hours ago, marc_p said:

Is it a one size fits all fee or do they tailor the monthly/annual charge on a per car or dealer size basis?

£325 + vat for 50 car package 

£350 + vat for 60 car package 

£375 + vat for 70 car package 

These prices are for the dealer promise package, they do another one call AA Approved which is more money.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:25 AM, A & S said:

£325 + vat for 50 car package 

£350 + vat for 60 car package 

£375 + vat for 70 car package 

These prices are for the dealer promise package, they do another one call AA Approved which is more money.

Per month?

Our experience was that reviews mattered more to customers, and selling/describing the car properly.

Edited by CCC

20 minutes ago, CCC said:

Per month?

Our experience was that reviews mattered more to customers, and selling/describing the car properly.

Yes, per month.