beckly car sales

Legal action against AT price indicators

23 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

I keep reading it as Becky but its Beckly haha

i know i'm cracking up everytime :lol:

17 hours ago, beckly car sales said:

i agree to that they have properly fucked me. I started last summer after being out the game 35 years and they led me up the garden path...

Out of the game 35 years!!!  What happened, did you just nip out for a pack of Park Drive?

17 hours ago, beckly car sales said:

i agree to that they have properly fucked me. I started last summer after being out the game 35 years

????

5 minutes ago, beckly car sales said:

i was away 20 years :ph34r:

???

1 hour ago, XFS said:

I understand your frustration, I really do but I would like to make 3 points.

1. There is absolutely no basis for legal action against autotrader. None whatsoever. an expansive excersize in futility at best. If you found a lawyer opportunistic enough to take it up...and it would be oppertunistic, because they would KNOW there was no chance of success...in court when the judge stopped laughing he/she would find in favour of autotrader and award costs against the plaintiffs without a doubt.

2. Autotrader do not care about you, me or most on these forums. They don't need to, most of our accounts are four figures monthly. Can you imagine the monthly spend for big franchises and supermarkets? These are the clients Autotrader are interested in and will take notice off.  The price markers will suit them as it gives the impression that the cars they sell are low priced and good value. 

3. We are all big boys and girls here, so are responsible for our own destinies. We are under no obligation to use Autotrader or any other platform. If we do its on their terms and conditions (within the law obviously) the same as when a customer buys a car from me, its on my terms (within the law obviously) and I can ask any price I choose.

I think your quoting the wrong person, I couldn't give a flying feck about AT or their price markers.

If your having AT problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but AT ain't one, hit me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sparky said:

I think your quoting the wrong person, I couldn't give a flying feck about AT or their price markers.

If your having AT problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but AT ain't one, hit me.

Calm down mc sparky:lol: go and brush your shoulders off:D

47 minutes ago, beckly car sales said:

What did you do?   

@JA Trader   I dont feel you are mentally stable enough to do this job if your seriously considering legal action over some price markers" :lol::lol::lol:

46 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

@JA Trader   I dont feel you are mentally stable enough to do this job if your seriously considering legal action over some price markers" :lol::lol::lol:

:D

Talking of price markers 

I've sold a car that was £2,787 to HIGH AT said .

The customer didn't see it on AT though Phew , 

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Oops, yes, meant to quote OP. Sorry.

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Talking of price markers 

I've sold a car that was £2,787 to HIGH AT said .

The customer didn't see it on AT though Phew , 

We sold one on Saturday for 3900 to passing customer. AT the wankers, reckoned it at 2800 retail.

OP I feel your anger from a legal standpoint i think you would have to prove a crystalised loss i fail to see any claim options open to you for there markers being incorrect there a matter of view similar to glass / parkers / cap. 

A massive uphill claim would require you to have lost a sale directly from the markers being incorrect and then having a customer say they purchased a car elsewhere as yours was to expensive as advised by AT this would then require you to provide evidence that your car was not over priced ? where do you start there, back to cap glasses and parkers  maybe and then trace similar vehicles spec condition mileage owners ect the expense of expert witnesses alone would make this a non starter.

Plus remember you would only ever get the lost profit within that one given sale and then the markers would still remain. 

Not trying to be negative nancy here just think a lawyer somewhere would promise the world and deliver very little apart from take everyones money. 

Option B, is to vote with your feet as i did and left as in all things advertising, somethings work some dont markers for me dont so i left no song and dance just emailed them told them to shove it, did they care ? i didnt even get a phone call just a final bill so i guess they didnt but thats ok neither to do i.

2 hours ago, Tony F said:

We sold one on Saturday for 3900 to passing customer. AT the wankers, reckoned it at 2800 retail.

bet you got the ad down a split second after they left :lol:

7 hours ago, beckly car sales said:

For what???

1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:

bet you got the ad down a split second after they left :lol:

I took all the high price markers off AT on the 5th Dec, but I know what you mean, its not an uncommon ocurrance to have to 'adjust' the online price in a hurry, and often when the customer is still on the premises viewing the hanger price in the window, :ph34r: I'm sure all the boys with open forecourts will know where i'm coming from

9 hours ago, beckly car sales said:

Were you in prison?

Reading some of your other posts, am I to understand that you have a forecourt full of Minis and a Fiat 500s that Autotrader suggested that you buy, that you can't shift and that you are a bit angry with them?

11 hours ago, Tony F said:

I took all the high price markers off AT on the 5th Dec, but I know what you mean, its not an uncommon ocurrance to have to 'adjust' the online price in a hurry, and often when the customer is still on the premises viewing the hanger price in the window, :ph34r: I'm sure all the boys with open forecourts will know where i'm coming from

Indeed. Amazing how those sixes and nines often get mixed up.:o

30 minutes ago, sparky said:

Indeed. Amazing how those sixes and nines often get mixed up.:o

Its the new valeter sorry about that he got it mixed up with the other one with more miles.

3 hours ago, PIKITASIDA said:

There must be something we can do. Looking for people that are motivated. Please let me know your thoughts

Yeah, you could stop using their platform 

• Haha 1

I dont like the hgh price markers but doesnt seem to be putting people off, I track everything, not just the phone calls but the people who just rock up without emails, calls etc. 80% come from AT and I'm not the cheapest, 4 sales  out of 10 last week had high price flags but as theyre great cars with nice spec, one owner, serviced etc. they bought them from me.

you need to shout about why you think it deserves that high price. lets hope they see sense though as its definitey not made the job any easier, just need to work a bit harder and smarter but at a time in my life when I want to be taking it easier