Can anyone tell me how many daily ad views they get on average with their autotrader ads.I cancelled my package and website due to indicators but have placed 7 ads on the paid in advance ads.All the cars are minis or fiat 500 with AT forecourt desirablity readings of 80 plus.I am getting 8 to 12 views a day on average,and thats with the paid boost ie total cost per car 33 pounds a week,these 7 cars have now been advertised for 7 days and ive not had a call on any of them.All cars are the right colour,low mileage FSH well photographed.I have one at fair price one at high price and the others with indicators removed( which has made no difference to views)

Forgot to say when my wife sells the odd car privately in a private ad she gets around 300 to 400 ad views a week.

I can't remember the last time I had a genuine call on a car for sale....must be getting on for 2 weeks since i've sold a car. Yet trying to buy you'd think the market was red hot!

according to my portal the latest says 42.3 Daily adviews vs 31.8 similar ads. suppose it only takes 1 adview if its the right one. Ive seen individual cars get 100's of daily adviews and in stock for 50 days then a low performer with 20 ad views sell within 5-6 days.

on the whole though I reckon the higest adviews are a good indicator of cars that are closest to selling next.

2 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

according to my portal the latest says 42.3 Daily adviews vs 31.8 similar ads. suppose it only takes 1 adview if its the right one. Ive seen individual cars get 100's of daily adviews and in stock for 50 days then a low performer with 20 ad views sell within 5-6 days.

on the whole though I reckon the higest adviews are a good indicator of cars that are closest to selling next.

i just don't get it. In six months on a package i never got more than 10 daily adviews per car, some days only 3 or 4

4 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

Well mines is 22.3 verses 17.2......

What influences one car to get more views than a similar one? I’ve always thought price.

8 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

What influences one car to get more views than a similar one? I’ve always thought price.

I'm trying to understand why I'm only getting 8 views a day on literally every car i advertise, no matter what the price position. Its awful compared to other dealers and private ads

8 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

I'm trying to understand why I'm only getting 8 views a day on literally every car i advertise, no matter what the price position. Its awful compared to other dealers and private ads

1 hour ago, beckly car sales said:

Stock profile for your area? Bad photos? Over priced?  Not enough photos? I don’t know if that’s the reason but it may be one of several reasons 

Tbh do views make a difference anyway? Advertise something perceived as sporty, aspirational or just downright cheap & I guarantee you’ll get bags of views. The majority of viewers are just that, viewers.

Not buyers, not in any sense of the word. They’re either not in a financial position to buy, not mentally at the end of their purchase ‘journey’ & many are just viewers practicing their hobby of looking at cars. Those that get over-excited sometimes ask the “Last price?” question massaging their egos in the deluded belief they may make the purchase. They’re kidding themselves.

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Stock profile for your area? Bad photos? Over priced?  Not enough photos? I don’t know if that’s the reason but it may be one of several reasons 

Hi, all the cars are minis and fiat 500 and have forecourt desirability readings for my area of 85 plus.Great photos, but all overpriced because AT say they are ==i just had an ad removed by AT because i had removed their indicator manually

2 hours ago, beckly car sales said:

Hi, all the cars are minis and fiat 500 and have forecourt desirability readings for my area of 85 plus.Great photos, but all overpriced because AT say they are ==i just had an ad removed by AT because i had removed their indicator manually

I once had a Skoda Octavia, out of the box this thing, estate, manual, diesel, perfect. AT desirability rating of 95, a days to turn index of 33 days, and I priced it to 100% of market. Took me 105 days to sell, after steadily dropping the price to retain 100% of market.

I recently sold a Mercedes E Class, with a desirability rating of 45, days to turn 61, priced at 105% of market and sold in 9 days, could have sold it twice over. 

The metrics are a good guide but if you're looking to them to justify why your cars aren't selling when they should be, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. 

You are selling two of the most readily available cars and my understanding that these particular vehicles are sold on price, usually. So if you are saying all your cars are overpriced (relative to others on that platform) then maybe that is where your answer lies. But you know your market better than me. Try lowering the price of one of your cars for 2 days and see if that makes a significant difference?

4 hours ago, BHM said:

Tbh do views make a difference anyway? Advertise something perceived as sporty, aspirational or just downright cheap & I guarantee you’ll get bags of views. The majority of viewers are just that, viewers.

Not buyers, not in any sense of the word. They’re either not in a financial position to buy, not mentally at the end of their purchase ‘journey’ & many are just viewers practicing their hobby of looking at cars. Those that get over-excited sometimes ask the “Last price?” question massaging their egos in the deluded belief they may make the purchase. They’re kidding themselves.

Yes and no.

All that matters is buyers, as you quite right say. But you'd be a dimwit to believe that on balance, more views don't equate to more sales. Unless of course it's as you say, sporty or very cheap.

I'd rather have some sort of 7 seater or estate or popular hatch with 30 ad views a day rather than a small car with 5 ad views a day.

1 hour ago, EPV said:

I once had a Skoda Octavia, out of the box this thing, estate, manual, diesel, perfect. AT desirability rating of 95, a days to turn index of 33 days, and I priced it to 100% of market. Took me 105 days to sell, after steadily dropping the price to retain 100% of market.

I recently sold a Mercedes E Class, with a desirability rating of 45, days to turn 61, priced at 105% of market and sold in 9 days, could have sold it twice over. 

The metrics are a good guide but if you're looking to them to justify why your cars aren't selling when they should be, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. 

You are selling two of the most readily available cars and my understanding that these particular vehicles are sold on price, usually. So if you are saying all your cars are overpriced (relative to others on that platform) then maybe that is where your answer lies. But you know your market better than me. Try lowering the price of one of your cars for 2 days and see if that makes a significant difference?

Hi thanks for the input but how do you sell on price when mini hatch one and fiat 500 are making 500 to 1000 over cap clean...HELP

4 hours ago, beckly car sales said:

Its feast or famine, always been that way..... I feasted last month, now I'm on a famine...... 

18 minutes ago, beckly car sales said:

Hi thanks for the input but how do you sell on price when mini hatch one and fiat 500 are making 500 to 1000 over cap clean...HELP

Sell something else? 

6 hours ago, BHM said:

Tbh do views make a difference anyway? 

No but quality views do.

I have just had a boring but very tidy estate car with 9 watchers sell within 24 hours with proper margin.

Now, I have just listed a Focus ST and I guarantee it will have 10 times that number but 90% of them will only be using it as wanking material after the middle aged man closes Pissed on Heads on the iPad.

1 minute ago, beckly car sales said:

so I'm supposed to let Autotrader price indicator dictate what i can and can't sell?

Eh? You said you can't buy them for less than £500-£1000 over cap clean, what has that got to do with AT? If there are supermarkets or large franchises around you that are selling the same stock for cheaper (because they can and do) then maybe it's time to stop overpricing cars (you said they were over priced not me) and sell something that works better for you?

You've also said that removing the price indicators made little difference to the advert views? So if your photos are good, your reputation and reviews etc are all good, you can't buy the stock you want to sell at the right price, the price markers don't seem to make a difference to your ad views (and enquires) I can't help wondering if you are trying to sell over priced cars to people that can go and get a cheaper one?

And FWIW, I get 30.6 views vs 17.9 according to my portal.

I never said they were overpriced.They make their market value and i don't mind paying it thats not the point . And when i said having no price markers made no difference to ad views that was against cars with good markers. Unfortunately AT are now wise to manuel removal of price markers so that option has now gone

EH?

The market changes. We used to live on Fiestas, Polos, Ibiza’s, c1s etc etc etc

but you’re right the margin is very small on these cars when sourced through traditional trade methods - nor do they sell anywhere as quick as they once did (I’m guessing too much competition and ability to PCP newer similar cars for not a lot of money)

so basically I’ve just stopped buying them. May keep one in at a time but based on the above a unit full of them is a recipe for disaster right now.

Edited by SC Derby

Fiat 500's and Mini's are on my do not buy list..... They are bought by shallow penniless billies, its feb they've just got their Xmas CC bill through the door.... You are brave man solely stocky handbag cars...

these are 4 to 9k cars

Just now, beckly car sales said:

these are 4 to 9k cars

Just now, beckly car sales said:

these are 4 to 9k cars

had only good customers so far but turnover is the problem and new markers seem to have had an effect

2 minutes ago, beckly car sales said:

I never said they were overpriced.They make their market value and i don't mind paying it thats not the point . And when i said having no price markers made no difference to ad views that was against cars with good markers. Unfortunately AT are now wise to manuel removal of price markers so that option has now gone

EH?

I would trust online Bingo more than AT digital info.Are you sure your stock is showing up on AT.I have just searched for Minis and 500’s within 10 miles of Beckly ( which I am presuming is the Plymouth area) and Beckly Car Sales stock does not show up or do you trade as something else.Punters still buy Minis and 500’s so don’t be put off.

16 minutes ago, beckly car sales said:

EH?

On your first post you said that removing the markers made no difference to the ad views although you didn’t say the markers were previously “good”