Grantlfc81

Auto trader pricemarkers

So found out today after a heated arguement regarding price markers that all their trade and retail prices are worked out by dealer auction and Aston Barclay lol.

I asked them why they are Not using BCA prices And they couldn’t answer me.

i also asked them if anyone had been to an auction recently from auto trader and by going on their prices we will be running on £200 per car after prep lol 

so basically they are basing their pricing from 2 of the worst places ever....

absolute clowns

I noticed AT part ex / trade price is about 300 to 400 less than cap clean on most cars.

That value varies a lot, from Cap Clean to cap bottom but AT’s algorithms also take into account the “price paid’ when dealers fill in that box in stock management. 

You need to manipulate the indicators to your maximum advantage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

the “price paid’ when dealers fill in that box in stock management. 

Does anyone do that? I know I don't; Price paid is just one part of the overall SIV and therefore irrelevant and certainly, none of their business.

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Does anyone do that? I know I don't

I do. I put whatever I want in that box to help me and other dealers in the fight against the markers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I do. I put whatever I want in that box to help me and other dealers in the fight against the markers. 

I like it! Use their tech against them! 

11 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

So it is your fault that AT spits out too high a figure for trade ins :lol:

23 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

So it is your fault that AT spits out too high a figure for trade ins

Or too low. 

This is effectively restrictive practice by Autotrader, if you look at what WBAC says then what Auto trader retail is , its laughable, they have no idea at all, they are soo detached from the coal face its unbelievable, if they had Account Managers like they used to , they could feed this info back from Dealers..

Can we say if their ADVERTISING PACKAGE is HIGH / LOW ETC ?????

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Or too low. 

It can't work both ways. If you overstate your buying price, it will increase PX valuations. If you understate your buying price, it will decrease the retail price.

7 minutes ago, Holmfirth Cars said:

Can we say if their ADVERTISING PACKAGE is HIGH / LOW ETC ?????

No, because they don't have a BLACK marker that says EXORBITANT :-)

Just had Autotrader on the phone for the past 30 mins , on this subject 

He said it was there to give customers a good overall view into fair deals , I said all it does is make the scrap look cheap . so he asked how i came to  that opinion ?

Two cars advertised then and at this point we are on autotrader 

One car low price , one car high price .

LOW price didn't mention Service History , number of keys , number of owners , tread depth on tyres , Cam belt history , how long the car had been owned by previou keeper . 

High price did mention 12 Stamps , two keys 1 previous keeper , recent tyres , cam belt history in june 19 

They were £595 apart in price . I asked which was the better car ? He said the high priced one . So I said if that's the case why don't AUTOTRADER tell the public that information instead of its a HIGH Price so that trader is making money he deserves too . 

I also challenged them to spend a week with me buying cars , We will take £100,000 of my own money and go out buying cars at autotrader prices and sell them at autotrader good price marker prices using their systems to prove they sell and are popular in my area , Thats after I've done my bit to ensure they don't come back with moaning customers , then see if there is enough profit left to pay auto traders bill and a profit on my 100k .

If we made any money at all I would concede to their systems , if I struggled to sell the cars at a profit then they buy them back off me , but its my money up front in the first instance so no risk except to prove your talk with actions . 

He told me he had been told the prices were high so it could be difficult to achieve that :lol: NO Shit sherlock , join our world :angry:. Alright doing the bloody talk isn't it but walking the walk with your own  cash and taking the risks we all do  is a different world in reality ,

Pouncy PAYE cowards just waiting for end of month £1,400 cheque coming , make my blood boil they do :angry:

26 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Just had Autotrader on the phone for the past 30 mins , on this subject 

He said it was there to give customers a good overall view into fair deals , I said all it does is make the scrap look cheap . so he asked how i came to  that opinion ?

Two cars advertised then and at this point we are on autotrader 

One car low price , one car high price .

LOW price didn't mention Service History , number of keys , number of owners , tread depth on tyres , Cam belt history , how long the car had been owned by previou keeper . 

High price did mention 12 Stamps , two keys 1 previous keeper , recent tyres , cam belt history in june 19 

They were £595 apart in price . I asked which was the better car ? He said the high priced one . So I said if that's the case why don't AUTOTRADER tell the public that information instead of its a HIGH Price so that trader is making money he deserves too . 

I also challenged them to spend a week with me buying cars , We will take £100,000 of my own money and go out buying cars at autotrader prices and sell them at autotrader good price marker prices using their systems to prove they sell and are popular in my area , Thats after I've done my bit to ensure they don't come back with moaning customers , then see if there is enough profit left to pay auto traders bill and a profit on my 100k .

If we made any money at all I would concede to their systems , if I struggled to sell the cars at a profit then they buy them back off me , but its my money up front in the first instance so no risk except to prove your talk with actions . 

He told me he had been told the prices were high so it could be difficult to achieve that :lol: NO Shit sherlock , join our world :angry:. Alright doing the bloody talk isn't it but walking the walk with your own  cash and taking the risks we all do  is a different world in reality ,

Pouncy PAYE cowards just waiting for end of month £1,400 cheque coming , make my blood boil they do :angry:

You're like an old stuck record Mr. H .... Just like ME! :) 

Same arguments, same conversations , same reasoning - Consumers are being MISLED and in a lot of cases the higher price ones are the BETTER BUY! #Simpes #KIP 

56 minutes ago, umesh said:

You're like an old stuck record Mr. H .... Just like ME! :) 

Same arguments, same conversations , same reasoning - Consumers are being MISLED and in a lot of cases the higher price ones are the BETTER BUY! #Simpes #KIP 

We speak sense though don't we Umesh , we are both time served experts but they wont listen .

Keep up the good work pal :)

So, I’ve had a Friday evening drink and don’t mind sharing what the AT markers mean for my current adverts: 

My mileages are now rounded DOWN to the nearest thousand. 

The spec lists often list the same option twice and all my cars now come with both Metallic and Pearlescent paint. 

All my Mercs come with leather interior although the manufacturer calls it Artico. 

I will often select options which I am not 100% sure the car has. Stuff like Storage package, Mirror package etc. 

Full Dealership history is often selected. Most garages these days are dealerships aren’t they??

This often gives me favourable markers. 

How does it help the consumer though? I don’t think it does. In fact it might mislead them a little. But AT insists it is in the consumer’s best interests so we have to oblige. 

43 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

So, I’ve had a Friday evening drink and don’t mind sharing what the AT markers mean for my current adverts: 

My mileages are now rounded DOWN to the nearest thousand. 

The spec lists often list the same option twice and all my cars now come with both Metallic and Pearlescent paint. 

All my Mercs come with leather interior although the manufacturer calls it Artico. 

I will often select options which I am not 100% sure the car has. Stuff like Storage package, Mirror package etc. 

Full Dealership history is often selected. Most garages these days are dealerships aren’t they??

This often gives me favourable markers. 

How does it help the consumer though? I don’t think it does. In fact it might mislead them a little. But AT insists it is in the consumer’s best interests so we have to oblige. 

Like!........ What are you drinking BTW? 

Edited by Dealer

Just now, Nick M.K. said:

Talisker. 

Jeez, that’s hellish stuff. Like drinking burnt peat soaked in methylated spirit. 

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I am Bulgarian. I’ve had worse. Much worse. 

I’m not sure what the Bulgarian hooch is but it can’t be worse than some of the Scotch Whisky from the Islands.

I don’t mind the Highland (where I’m from) and the Speyside malts and I actually like some like Balvenie Doublewood, but generally I prefer Irish Whiskey (terrible admission for a Scotsman)

In Bulgaria we have rakia. 45-49 degrees, really strong. 

But all Bulgarians love scotch. Any scotch. 

Ive just had an ad removed by AT for misleading information. I changed the mileage to remove price marker but clearly stated the correct mileage in capital letters in the strapline.The only misleading shit in the ad is auto traders fucking price marker the bastards i hate them

I've have adverts capped because of no images (i.e. I am waiting for them to arrive or go through valet but get the description up beforehand). It is up to me if the adverts display images or not surely.