Sign in to follow this  
Wheelerdealer1

Facebook Trade to Trade sales groups

Well they seem like a good idea, I’ve recently joined two, not bought or sold anything yet though, any experiences from anyone here ? Good or bad.

Had one off it, car was fine, transaction a bit messy. It's a good idea but like all these things is open to abuse so tread carefully.

Good people and the admins don’t take any crap (there was some rat screen shotting and stitching up a member yesterday -sound familiar? They kicked them off immediately.)

You've gotta be quick to nab a purchase, but good for selling. 

It’s going to be upgraded to an Ap soon by the sounds and a paid subscription, so time will tell how that goes. Well I hope. 

Edited by NOACROSS

Brilliant site do well buying and selling. 

one thing on it a lot of people just say they will have something and pay for it unseen. Someone’s gonna get bumped sooner or later can’t trust anyone.  

A few trade only parasites on there who are buyers so got to be fast otherwise they are leeching around goal hanging for cars. I love getting a car and retailing it instead of one of those fucks getting it and putting 200 on it.

9 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

one thing on it a lot of people just say they will have something and pay for it unseen. Someone’s gonna get bumped sooner or later can’t trust anyone.  

Not see that discussion over the M3 with the knackered transmission.

Have brought two of there both been ok but not quite as described. Could of easily brought 10 if i was quicker.

Excited about the APP launch and what that may bring.

Must be a different part of the world been through pages and pages and not found a single thing i would have even attempted to buy.

5 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Must be a different part of the world been through pages and pages and not found a single thing i would have even attempted to buy.

Have you tried the trade to trade underwriting page ?

33 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Have you tried the trade to trade underwriting page ?

thats the one i am on.

5 minutes ago, justina3 said:

thats the one i am on.

Suppose its the age old quote of what works for some dosent work for others.

47 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Same here. I’m not the right demographic  

There’s loads of Germany’s (ahem) finest if that’s your poison. 

Still, the more people that join, hopefully the more stuff gets offered. 

3 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Not see that discussion over the M3 with the knackered transmission.

Would it sway you if the you knew the 'lads' that bought it spent about 2 hours looking over it, driving it etc before deciding to proceed with purchase.   

I know the seller of that one personally and he did nothing wrong it was fine.  It was a good few days before the 'lads' reported an issue. 

5 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Would it sway you if the you knew the 'lads' that bought it spent about 2 hours looking over it, driving it etc before deciding to proceed with purchase.   

I know the seller of that one personally and he did nothing wrong it was fine.  It was a good few days before the 'lads' reported an issue. 

Two sides to every tale i suppose. I thought from what i read that the seller knew it was faulty and didnt mention it.

Same here haven’t actually bought or sold anything yet on either site, I have tried about 5 or 6 wanted ads but been offered cars I can find cheaper through the usual channels to be honest

40 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Two sides to every tale i suppose. I thought from what i read that the seller knew it was faulty and didnt mention it.

Categorically didn't know. He was retailing it and ended up with it for a while so decided to shift. He even offered halfs on the job when most would have said get lost(myself included).If he knew he would have said. I'm the same when I list stuff there.  

24 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Categorically didn't know. He was retailing it and ended up with it for a while so decided to shift. He even offered halfs on the job when most would have said get lost(myself included).If he knew he would have said. I'm the same when I list stuff there.  

Cant say fairer than that.

The trouble with any T2T is as much to do with the Billy Bullshitter buyers as the Billy Bullshitter sellers. 

All of my time in this game sellers appraise whilst wearing rose tinted spectacles & seem oblivious to knackered clutches. Many trade buyers (on old shit) expect the earth, expect it to be retail ready & to come with two weeks full parts & labour warranty - tbh I’d rather deal with private punters than most of the trade at my level.

• Like 1