Been cleaning our own cars for 30 odd years now and I must admit it’s my least favourite aspect of the job.

Every time we farm something out we end up doing it again.

Currently using Austosmart Mirror Image but can’t stand the smell also you look at a car that’s been outside for a few days after waxing and you thinks it’s scratched all over as well as black trims being white - and we are careful. 

Anyone using anything at the moment that they are really pleased with?

Mirror image is a nightmare when it sits for periods of time the oils split and it just gets glumpy, old product for sure 

Polish is a minefield more than buying cars, depends on what you want hand or machine how bad the paint is the list goes on and on.

Valetpro is one of our favs at the moment there interior shampoo is amazing stuff which we go through a lot of so handy to order other products at the same time saves on postage yes i am tight.

Autoglym Radiant polish.

What I like about it is you can put the polish on and, as long as the car isn’t in direct sunlight, leave it for ages and it’s easily removed.

• Like 1

The absolute best all in one polish (ie cleans,removes light marks and gives a wax finish) is Auto Finesse Tripple. 

I like detailing cars when I have time and I have a garage full of pretty much everything, I guarantee you Tripple will do the job for you.

If you are into a nice wax to finish off a detailed car then Bilt Hamber double speed lasts for a long time.

• Like 1

I use Scholl Concepts S30 black, it’s a one step compound so it’s cuts out swirl marks etc, but also leaves a polished finish. It’s a great product, easy to apply, easy to remove, and one pass of the car is good enough - unless your selling top end stuff and need perfection. It’s quite expensive, but you don’t need much per car. 

Koch Chemie detailing spray. Spray and buff it and it leaves a mirror finish. 10 minutes per car. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Koch Chemie detailing spray. Spray and buff it and it leaves a mirror finish. 10 minutes per car. 

Min effort, max results.

Personally Collinite 476 is the best product you can find. Last for ages and once on you can just blast the car off.  Its brilliant stuff.

Just ordered some to try it. I have 5 new black cars in stock so good timing. 

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Just ordered some to try it. I have 5 new black cars in stock so good timing. 

Where did you order it from please Nick.

15 hours ago, JDM1983 said:

I use Scholl Concepts S30 black, it’s a one step compound so it’s cuts out swirl marks etc, but also leaves a polished finish. It’s a great product, easy to apply, easy to remove, and one pass of the car is good enough - unless your selling top end stuff and need perfection. It’s quite expensive, but you don’t need much per car. 

We tend to use S30 as an anti hologram final step as it doesnt have much grunt to do much else, S17 we tend to use as a one step polish, its hard core and takes some practice but you can get it to finish down well after used for a while.

Its a dark art this polishing stuff for sure. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

eBay. £20. 

Collinite do it panel by panel. Don't do the whole car and then try and take it off. 

A good clean and a couple of coats on a black car looks really good. 

30 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Collinite do it panel by panel.

Instructions are: apply with damp cloth, leave to dry to a haze. Buff off. 

So do one panel at a time?

18 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I always found a damp cloth makes it streaky when applying i went back to a normal application pad. 

Maybe just me rebelling against instructions 

39 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

You dont have to do it panel by panel but the longer you leave it on the more you will have to dig it off. I tend to do side/side/bonnet&boot/roof when I'm applying a wax.

Any Wax like Collinite/Fuso/Dodo Juice etc is a final coating. You would want to make sure the car is well polished before you apply a wax. It will seal in any tar or imperfections if it hasnt been properly cleaned first. 

3M Fastcut for used with polishing machine then Autosmart Topaz polish afterwards give me the best results.

Topaz is a economical, easy to use and doesn't leave white marks if you happen to catch black trim

17 hours ago, AAM90 said:

3M Fastcut for used with polishing machine then Autosmart Topaz polish afterwards give me the best results.

Topaz is a economical, easy to use and doesn't leave white marks if you happen to catch black trim

You must have some cracking skills to be able to finish down with fastcut that stuff is hardcore. 

Currently using A Chem PDI glaze and their cut and shine polish both under £20 for 5 litres , but have recently tried out AVSCL / Auto Fruits Cherry wax , which smells more like Radiant wax than cherries , all did what expected . Do like the PDI glaze as it also does a great job of bringing up polished alloy and chrome 

Personally i like the Menzerna range

Menzerna Super Finish 3500 is a pretty good all round one stage polish (except for harder paints where i drop to 2200)

Then Menzerna Power lock sealant, im not a huge fan of synthetics but it leaves a great finish and lasts well