beckly car sales

Has anyone actually sold a car with high price indicator AT ?

just wondering how everyone is getting on with the AT markers and wbat response the customers are giving.As we all know stuff is making up to a grand over clean sometimes more so getting a green good price is impossible.

Yeah, sold a couple like that. Their numbers are often wrong, the two I sold that had high price markers were comparatively still some of the cheapest on the market. AT was wrong and the customers never questioned the price.

Bottom line is you have to offer the whole package - that includes being priced well.

Sold four this week all priced high . Cant buy them to sell at AT prices , or Car Guru prices . Funnily enough both were different prices too 

Only wants one customer with a brain i suppose , 

I hate the markers though with a passion 

As above I hate them but have sold cars that at is saying 1000 overpriced etc.

Sold a couple with high price markers. One customer questioned the price (£600 over market price according to AT on a 4k car). I knew there was nothing else like it and customer had seen plenty of dogs. So he just accepted it.

However I have a few sitters now with high price markers. I think they are just being passed over.

Normally in January retail  prices rise in line with wholesale prices. But I don't see that this year. High price markers are to blame as traders worried to advertise with high marker.

Short margins until normality returns

I've sold some priced high, not one customer has mentioned the price markers.....

Edited by Arfur Dealy

Have done a few, nobody has mentioned them which is strange as they are very prominent.  

Have had people calling on great price sticker cars and the first question has been what’s best price - but that’s the public.

I honestly thought AT would have pulled the idea, it’s not fit for purpose on many levels.

I think they’ve actually moved prices down in the last few weeks when as per everything has gone up in January.

But they must be right as they are never wrong :D

Had a girl this morning looking at a car for herself , she asks if there's any discount on the price .

Just shown her the price marker at Great Price and said we have to price low to get that marker so the days of discounting have ended due to Autotraders interference ,Told her we used to put that car up for £5,695 last year and take £5,500 but now its priced at £5,495 to start with so its a "no"  nowdays , 

She paid me screen price :lol:

How it has to be I'm afraid isn't it . Everyone says they want transparency so its very transparent now . Screen Price "simples"

• Like 1

Did one today priced high. Customer did ask if there was any movement as autotrader said it was £1100 overpriced.
I told them  no and that that price was just based on a bog standard car with small wheels in green/ burgundy/gold. 
told them ours had loads of extras and ran through it again. 
customer bought and didn’t say anything else on the matter.

just another hurdle to get through and helping no one tbh.

Yes - a few ! Although ALL the conversations have started with " it's ove priced....." managed to convince them , but they must have been interested in my cars to even make contact ! the biggest worry is that how didn't bother to contact me and simply scrolled past .... !! 

As I keep saying to Autotrader 'we're starting on the back footwith customers, the motor trade already has a bad reputaion and these markers are not helping to build trust whenthey tell customers our cars are 'high price' with inaccurate data! IMO!

Reduced my stock by 50%! [ No not in price :) - Advertised stock! ] 

1 hour ago, umesh said:

Yes - a few ! Although ALL the conversations have started with " it's ove priced....." managed to convince them , but they must have been interested in my cars to even make contact ! the biggest worry is that how didn't bother to contact me and simply scrolled past .... !! 

As I keep saying to Autotrader 'we're starting on the back footwith customers, the motor trade already has a bad reputaion and these markers are not helping to build trust whenthey tell customers our cars are 'high price' with inaccurate data! IMO!

Reduced my stock by 50%! [ No not in price :) - Advertised stock! ] 

If 10% of AT trade advertisers reduce stock by 50%,that is a lot of lost income and the penny should drop.

AT price markers mean nothing we’ve sold cars with high price markers we have struggled to sell cars with great/low price markers I’ve been told there going to scrap the price market thing entirely because of the complaints they have been getting one car that has no service history and same miles is a great price against a car with loads of history AT are stupid and trying to follow car gurus in the same marker thing

i for one can’t wait until they stop this price marker bollocks... car gurus is another waste of time an American company that won’t work out here 

Autotrader want to keep throwing the customer tranparency thing at the aurgument .

I told them last friday its NOT transparent though is it 

Car with wrong colour , no service history , standard wheels , one key , short MOT , 2mm tyres all round and bloody key mark WILL be priced low , but who the bejesus is going to want it .

This then makes the alternate car thats got full history , new tyres , two keys and finished in a pretty colour look expensive . 

As Umesh above states , " wonder how many people just keep scrolling past the best stock " Great transparency is that idea for the customer who doesnt understand how the pricing bollocks works

Edited by David Horgan

quick one chaps - how do i remove the price indicators - remember there was some trick to it???

49 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

quick one chaps - how do i remove the price indicators - remember there was some trick to it???

Put 0 miles in when putting car up say it’s done 0 or 10 miles an put mileage in attention grabber quote bit

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sean Glover said:

Put 0 miles in when putting car up say it’s done 0 or 10 miles an put mileage in attention grabber quote bit

have you sold any cars with it like this? it's not making the car hard to find?

8 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

have you sold any cars with it like this? it's not making the car hard to find?

No I don’t see the point at the end of the day people will buy a car with it’s a high price marker and people won’t even look at a car if it has a low price marker we just leave it as it is and we haven’t seen a difference between the price markers for instance we have a AUDI A6 ALL ROAD that is apparently £700 above market yet we have received a phone call from someone nearly 3 hours away it doesn’t affect us much

Getting rid of the bit that tells customers how much over / underpriced it is. Markers are here to stay.

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Getting rid of the bit that tells customers how much over / underpriced it is. Markers are here to stay.

Markers are staying as @Rory RSC says! we ( The IMDA) have had talks and onging asking the removal of ££ under/over ! this is so mileading as we all know, hoping they will remove these! 

51 minutes ago, umesh said:

Markers are staying as @Rory RSC says! we ( The IMDA) have had talks and onging asking the removal of ££ under/over ! this is so mileading as we all know, hoping they will remove these! 

This sounds hopeful, did you guys have any luck then?

50 minutes ago, umesh said:

Isn't that exactly how it was prior to the current system.

1 hour ago, umesh said:

Chris Penny said they were coming off on Car dealer page recently.