Hi All

I have been following the interesting threads here since recently joining, and I thought I would say hi to introduce myself.

I have a chequered car history, and in the early day's lot of experience of driving 'sheds' over the years (I can laugh now!)

Definitely, the worst was a Peugeot estate previously owned by a farmer to transport his sheep. The dented exterior complemented by the very natural smelling interior, and the sticker "Put British Pork On Your fork" which used to make our friends laugh at the vegetarian driving it.

How could I forget my gold Metro held together by welding upon welding but driven until it died a natural death. Then came the mint green Toyota Corolla (named Trebor) although I have to admit I did actually quite like this one. However, I used to dread it when my (now husband) would say to me "I found us a new car":rolleyes:
I have also had many experiences, as you might expect given the above, of riding with rescue vehicles. I remember vividly a very long trip home to London from Wales travelling in the cab with a newborn and a two-year-old. I really know how to have fun!

Now I opt for safe, comfortable, and reliable.  For the last seven years, we've owned a 2008 Mercedes E220 ( it just keeps going!) to transport our three animals, sorry, I meant kids around :lol:. In fact, after one snack filled trip in the family car, the Peugeot was probably cleaner!  

I dream of the day I will buy myself a Maserati Quattroporte, although I'm not sure if that ticks the reliable box!

I look forward to learning from all of you experts and will help all I can to answer any questions you have on buying and selling cars using Facebook and Instagram.

From what I have seen, in general, there does not seem to be a lot of love for Autotrader. Do you see a day where you don't have to use Autotrader?

9 minutes ago, Catrin said:

Hi All

I have been following the interesting threads here since recently joining, and I thought I would say hi to introduce myself.

I have a chequered car history, and in the early day's lot of experience of driving 'sheds' over the years (I can laugh now!)

Definitely, the worst was a Peugeot estate previously owned by a farmer to transport his sheep. The dented exterior complemented by the very natural smelling interior, and the sticker "Put British Pork On Your fork" which used to make our friends laugh at the vegetarian driving it.

How could I forget my gold Metro held together by welding upon welding but driven until it died a natural death. Then came the mint green Toyota Corolla (named Trebor) although I have to admit I did actually quite like this one. However, I used to dread it when my (now husband) would say to me "I found us a new car":rolleyes:
I have also had many experiences, as you might expect given the above, of riding with rescue vehicles. I remember vividly a very long trip home to London from Wales travelling in the cab with a newborn and a two-year-old. I really know how to have fun!

Now I opt for safe, comfortable, and reliable.  For the last seven years, we've owned a 2008 Mercedes E220 ( it just keeps going!) to transport our three animals, sorry, I meant kids around :lol:. In fact, after one snack filled trip in the family car, the Peugeot was probably cleaner!  

I dream of the day I will buy myself a Maserati Quattroporte, although I'm not sure if that ticks the reliable box!

I look forward to learning from all of you experts and will help all I can to answer any questions you have on buying and selling cars using Facebook and Instagram.

From what I have seen, in general, there does not seem to be a lot of love for Autotrader. Do you see a day where you don't have to use Autotrader?

Hello Cathrin, are you intending on starting a business buying and selling cars? This is a car dealer forum...

From the second to last paragraph of her intro I can see she is a social media consultant. 

I also almost didn’t read it as she lost me on Gold Metro :-) 

Edited by Nick M.K.

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

From the second to last paragraph of her intro I can see she is a social media consultant. 

I also almost didn’t read it as she lost me on Gold Metro :-) 

I had two cold emails last offering the world on our facebook page from similar outfits, guess its only to be expected in these times, my phone hardly rings these days with we can save you a fortune on your ....what ever bills.

Thank god for spam filters.

2 hours ago, Catrin said:

Hi All

Nice story

37 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I suspect that 'Catrin' may not look like her profile picture picture.

Dont spoil it :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I suspect that 'Catrin' may not look like her profile picture picture.

Why wouldn't she. 

She's put her website in her profile, her full name is on the website, you type that name into Facebook and it returns a legitimate profile for the same person with that photo as a profile picture. She seems legit to me. Unlike many others on this forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Hello Cathrin, are you intending on starting a business buying and selling cars? This is a car dealer forum...

Hello Arfur, yes we do buy and sell cars as a hobby.

3 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Why wouldn't she. 

She's put her website in her profile, her full name is on the website, you type that name into Facebook and it returns a legitimate profile for the same person with that photo as a profile picture. She seems legit to me. Unlike many others on this forum. 

Thanks Nick. You're right, I'm truly not hiding behind anything.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Catrin said:

Hello Arfur, yes we do buy and sell cars as a hobby.

Hobby?  Definition of a hobby: "A hobby is a regular activity done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time, not professionally and not for pay"