Sign in to follow this  
Rosemotors

1st Anniversary party ideas please

I can't believe I'm just 2 weeks away from this.

I want to do something for suppliers, customers and the community but I've never seen them done well ("Sales Days" at all the main dealers I've worked at have been mostly dead affairs).

Obviously Christmas springs to mind as a theme, and quite how I've sold a single car without balloons escapes me, butI figured you guys might have a few do's and don'ts, some general ideas etc

• Like 1

Happy 1st Anniversary ! Phew seems a long time a go since that time .. 18 years now in business - Voting age :) ! 

I got the local press to do an article on the business with most of my suppliers having a support advert , it worked very well ! New readers got to see the article and I just put in there that everyone was welcome to pop in and have a look / drink / cake , I also sent out letters to all customers who had bought cars from me thanking them for support and please pop in ! - It worked very well ... I did have 'balloons' in the showroom :) , only a couple saying  '1' .. but I feel I would have sold twice as many cars had I gone down the balloons avenue ! 

Good Luck with what ever you decide to do ! continued success my friend ! 

• Like 1

I've got the feature booked in the local paper with supporting advertisers and I've got lots of good news stories to go in there (Just become RAC Approved) so hopefully that'll bring a few in.

I might do it annually as a Christmas party if it's well supported.

Happy 1st Anniversary ! Phew seems a long time a go since that time .. 18 years now in business - Voting age :) ! 

I got the local press to do an article on the business with most of my suppliers having a support advert , it worked very well ! New readers got to see the article and I just put in there that everyone was welcome to pop in and have a look / drink / cake , I also sent out letters to all customers who had bought cars from me thanking them for support and please pop in ! - It worked very well ... I did have 'balloons' in the showroom :) , only a couple saying  '1' .. but I feel I would have sold twice as many cars had I gone down the balloons avenue ! 

Good Luck with what ever you decide to do ! continued success my friend ! 

Don't take this the wrong way Umesh, but I thought you had been around longer than that :) I remember during my first year doing a back trade on one of your old cars, a lovely 89F Audi Coupe in white. Needless to say it became my smoker, after all, the ladies do love a white Audi.....

Anyway, happy birthday to Rose Motors, a year of selling cars without balloons is a huge achievement, next you will be telling us you never have your hatches open!

a year of selling cars without balloons is a huge achievement, next you will be telling us you never have your hatches open!

Ummmm........

Don't take this the wrong way Umesh, but I thought you had been around longer than that :) I remember during my first year doing a back trade on one of your old cars, a lovely 89F Audi Coupe in white. Needless to say it became my smoker, after all, the ladies do love a white Audi.....

Anyway, happy birthday to Rose Motors, a year of selling cars without balloons is a huge achievement, next you will be telling us you never have your hatches open!

Sparky ! I do remember the white Coupe :) memory hasn't failed me..! set up July 1st 1997 !

i once bought those glass pens where you write price reductions in the window and it rained,all the cars looked a right mess saturday afternoon

i once bought those glass pens where you write price reductions in the window and it rained,all the cars looked a right mess saturday afternoon

The auctions use these but does it come off? Does it f..........

I can't believe I'm just 2 weeks away from this.

I want to do something for suppliers, customers and the community but I've never seen them done well ("Sales Days" at all the main dealers I've worked at have been mostly dead affairs).

Obviously Christmas springs to mind as a theme, and quite how I've sold a single car without balloons escapes me, butI figured you guys might have a few do's and don'ts, some general ideas etc

First of all, Happy 1st Anniversary to you!!

An easy way to get the word out about your anniversary year is by using anniversary seals and stickers. You can use these on your retail packaging and business cards and letterhead, if you have any of these. By using anniversary seals, you are showing your customers how long you’ve been a part of the community, which gives you greater trust and respect. In this way, you can celebrate your corporate event entertainment in a profitable manner. 

Edited by DarellChristensen