Barclaywoodmotorco

JANUARY SALES ANY GOOD SO FAR

Not to bad, I’m finding buying really easy too which has shocked me for a January to be honest. Usually in previous years I’m massively out priced at the block.

8 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Not to bad, I’m finding buying really easy too which has shocked me for a January to be honest. Usually in previous years I’m massively out priced at the block.

Whereabouts in Kazakhstan are you based then ?

16 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

Whereabouts in Kazakhstan are you based then ?

Midlands, mostly buying from bca measham/Walsall 

Started off really well this month but gone quiet now. I am sure AT will put it down to the end of the double up freebie but I just think it is one of those things. Of course, now it's quiet I have a couple of screamers. I am well stocked and having to store a few cars in my garage at home, so my ducks are all in a row ready for another flurry of buyers.

17 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Usually in previous years I’m massively out priced at the block

Different Block to me then :lol::( Think I'm trying to compete with Mr Retail Twat + fees  at the block with the prices :ph34r:

saw a battered Fiesta this morning make well over RETAIL :wacko:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Different Block to me then :lol::( Think I'm trying to compete with Mr Retail Twat + fees  at the block with the prices :ph34r:

saw a battered Fiesta this morning make well over RETAIL :wacko:

Same here retail money at the block bought a few private recently 

31 minutes ago, Casper said:

Same here retail money at the block bought a few private recently 

Makes me wonder what they do with them Casper . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Started off really well this month but gone quiet now. I am sure AT will put it down to the end of the double up freebie but I just think it is one of those things. Of course, now it's quiet I have a couple of screamers. I am well stocked and having to store a few cars in my garage at home, so my ducks are all in a row ready for another flurry of buyers.

Another two at the weekend and one today. Weird how it goes and I feel your screamer pain mate(s)- those ticking bombs come out of the woodwork sometime. Still, I prefer them when busy to when quiet. 

Can’t buy a wheel. Could do with half a dozen at least. 

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Makes me wonder what they do with them Casper . 

Im the same 

14 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Slowed for me now Mark,  still a cracking month with 12 sold, couldn’t of hoped for a better start. 

Sold 50% stock (4 No out of 8 cars) which is a great start. However margins tighter and buying stuff over Cap/Glass doesn't sit well with me so holding back a little

I am in exactly the same boat as Chris here

Had our best month since we started Sold 6 / 12 cars up for sale.

Not only the most sales but the most Profit Margin. My issue now is i cant find anything to stock. I have got 3 engine changes waiting to be completed and prep coming out of my ears.

3 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

I have got 3 engine changes waiting to be completed and prep coming out of my ears.

I have no idea why anyone buys stuff that needs excessive prep. I work this job full time, have a (more or less) full time valeter, driver, gofer, a part-time mechanic and an MOT workshop on my doorstep and prep kills the momentum, I hate laying out money and waiting weeks to get it ready for sale. I try and buy cars that need minimal prep but all of them have: New MOT, a minimum of an interim service + inspection and valet. Those are the basics and it still takes a lot of time. Add a few "issues" and that can further increase prep time; I certainly wouldn't be deliberately buying engine swappers or like Tradegirl, CAT D/N cars to repair - slows things up far too much.

I can't imagine how you do that alongside a full time job (or has that changed?)

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I have no idea why anyone buys stuff that needs excessive prep. I work this job full time, have a (more or less) full time valeter, driver, gofer, a part-time mechanic and an MOT workshop on my doorstep and prep kills the momentum, I hate laying out money and waiting weeks to get it ready for sale. I try and buy cars that need minimal prep but all of them have: New MOT, a minimum of an interim service + inspection and valet. Those are the basics and it still takes a lot of time. Add a few "issues" and that can further increase prep time; I certainly wouldn't be deliberately buying engine swappers or like Tradegirl, CAT D/N cars to repair - slows things up far too much.

I can't imagine how you do that alongside a full time job (or has that changed?)

Still working my 9-5 for now and after some recent shake ups i have parted ways with my original business partner and started again. We split the stock and he kept the original company name (Was never a fan). I dont want to get to into it on here but it was a mutual agreement to split i think we had a different direction in our heads for where we wanted to go.

In regards to your question about engine changes and with risk of being called out for peacocking i make Incredible margins on engine change cars or the spares or repair stuff.

I only do engine changes on one particular make and model. I can have an engine out of a donor car and back into the broken car before 5 pm on a saturday its often the headgasket or Valves that fail (Clutch changed and supercharger service ) presuming i started at 7/8 ish. I know these cars this well at this point i blast some music and im on auto pilot. In all honestly i enjoy getting my hands dirty as well.... Sometimes.

Now if i buy the right donor the engine is free so for a Saturdays worth of work i make a very decent margin. My issue here is finding the right cars so that i can do this every month and be comfortable making a proper living before i leave the 9-5 (My plan is to be self employed before the end of the year)

Take for example car delivered on Monday. Won on ebay auction for £620 (Advertised poorly)  add the £230 delivery. Free engine actually made a profit on the breaker spend some on consumables clutch coolant oil etc. This car will be up next weekend for £3495. Id expect to be chipped a little on the price but should see a decent profit on what is considered a cheapie i dont think thats bad at all especially with how difficult it is to buy from auctions at the moment its keeping me ticking over.

I am not trying to say i will be doing this forever but with how difficult it is to buy stock at the moment im happy with my current plan.

Edited by JA Trader