jamslug

After 4 years..... I am back

Hi everyone, 

In 2016 I wrote a little post to say I was leaving the trade and said my farewells as I embarked on a new career. It has all worked out and I am jetting around delivering people on their holidays. But some of you said you will never truly leave the motor trade..... it is clearly still in my blood.... so I am back. I am going to try and get back into it on a smaller scale. 

I have been having a little scroll through and see some familiar names on here so it will be interesting to see if anyone recognises me, the guys that were really active on here at the same time I was were @TDB @jimreidvehicle @justina3 @Rory RSC @umesh @Tom @sparky @basildon car sales @no nothing @whitestone679231 @c_cars @Rosemotors @Wood235 @Max Branning @Mat C@Econimotor @James Bush @GreenGiant @James Baggott

I am now in a new city and am starting everything from scratch so if anything has changed in the last 4 years, let me know. oh and if you can offer me some stock..... I MIGHT be able to see if there are any airline tickets going :D.

I am still here.....holly crap how sad does that sound, not a lot changed still a daily struggle to source stock to source decent customers. 

One thing that has changed i think is the advertising landscape, what ever your old flavour i can bet you a cup of hot chocolate it would have changed and not for the better.

Good to see you back @jamslug ! Lot's has changed  and nothing's changed if you get my meaning! 

Good luck in the new city and the new venture.! 

1 hour ago, jamslug said:

Hi everyone, 

In 2016 I wrote a little post to say I was leaving the trade and said my farewells as I embarked on a new career. It has all worked out and I am jetting around delivering people on their holidays. But some of you said you will never truly leave the motor trade..... it is clearly still in my blood.... so I am back. I am going to try and get back into it on a smaller scale. 

I have been having a little scroll through and see some familiar names on here so it will be interesting to see if anyone recognises me, the guys that were really active on here at the same time I was were @TDB @jimreidvehicle @justina3 @Rory RSC @umesh @Tom @sparky @basildon car sales @no nothing @whitestone679231 @c_cars @Rosemotors @Wood235 @Max Branning @Mat C@Econimotor @James Bush @GreenGiant @James Baggott

I am now in a new city and am starting everything from scratch so if anything has changed in the last 4 years, let me know. oh and if you can offer me some stock..... I MIGHT be able to see if there are any airline tickets going :D.

Sourcing stock has got even harder, advertising has got even more expensive, there are more chancers in the game, stocking loans are still king and my seat belts are still mouldy.

Anyway, welcome back, and about those airline tickets.....

4 hours ago, jamslug said:

Hi everyone, 

Welcome back ! Are you SP ? 

Welcome back and all the best to you. @basildon car sales  is unfortunately no longer with us he passed away in a car accident overseas.

There is a good cardealer facebook page worth joinign.

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Welcome back and all the best to you. @basildon car sales  is unfortunately no longer with us he passed away in a car accident overseas.

There is a good cardealer facebook page worth joinign.

May @basildon car sales rest in peace .

I never knew him as although I've been in the trade years I've  only been here on the forum around 6 months but was saddened reading this post make me realise you never know what's around the corner 

we complain about things that really in reality don't really matter like the weather etc and never know whats round corner 

RIP . 

Edited by Casper

Hiya, same ol same.... still breathing though ( just ) 

Hi I’m new to trade so We haven’t talked before I wish you great success and let your next passing not be a hedgehog. 

• Like 1