David Horgan

Wants a deal AFTER he purchased a car

Guy came in three days ago and bought a little 58 plate Clio PX 43k with 15 services with receipts, two keys  , Cam belt last year and 4 yrs ago too , 4 new Michelin tyres , new discs , immaculate condition inside and out . £2,295 . Left us fully serviced and new MOT .

Guy comes looks at it , likes it , makes a comment that its the one for him with it only having one owner from new and the history too . Will i take £2,000 "NO " sorry its a proper genuine little thing its £2,295 . 

So he took it away , just now he calls to tell me he's found 4 cars all same at  £1,495x2  , £1,795 and even one at £1,395 so will i do a deal at his requested £2,000 , really are they all 43k with that history I say . 

Top and bottom they've all done 80k plus , and only one mentioned cam belt . 

I did say the car was already his as he paid for it , so the deals the deal because you liked the history , and low miles . 

Well would i give him a free service next year then , NO as Iv'e just done a free service for you :huh:

Bloody hell just bring it  back every week and I'll wash it hoover it , fill it with petrol and wax the thing for him . :lol:

• Haha 1

What a moron. If he found some others up at more money, would he be beating your door down to throw some extra dosh at you?

Edited by NOACROSS
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Guy came in three days ago and bought a little 58 plate Clio PX 43k with 15 services with receipts, two keys  , Cam belt last year and 4 yrs ago too , 4 new Michelin tyres , new discs , immaculate condition inside and out . £2,295 . Left us fully serviced and new MOT .

Guy comes looks at it , likes it , makes a comment that its the one for him with it only having one owner from new and the history too . Will i take £2,000 "NO " sorry its a proper genuine little thing its £2,295 . 

So he took it away , just now he calls to tell me he's found 4 cars all same at  £1,495x2  , £1,795 and even one at £1,395 so will i do a deal at his requested £2,000 , really are they all 43k with that history I say . 

I did say the car was already his as he paid for it , so the deals the deal because you liked the history , and low miles . 

Well would i give him a free service next year then , NO as Iv'e just done a free service for you :huh:

Bloody hell just bring it  back every week and I'll wash it hoover it , fill it with petrol and wax the thing for him . :lol:

Come on now david remember you have to tax it every year as well free mot for life including repair costs oh and what about free repairs when it breaks replacement tyres when needed and pay his insurance also for the ownership period thats more like a deal lol. 

I actually said that jokingly then thought to myself there probably someone out there would ask some times I wonder if those people tie there own shoes .   

Did anyone read this Lawgistics account.Guy who purchased by credit card wants to reject after several months on the grounds that he was not informed that his Cat converter could easily be stolen ( which I think it was) and  therefore his car was not fit for purpose.Lawgistics had to deal with the credit card company to throw out the claim.....whatever next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, trade vet said:

Did anyone read this Lawgistics account.Guy who purchased by credit card wants to reject after several months on the grounds that he was not informed that his Cat converter could easily be stolen ( which I think it was) and  therefore his car was not fit for purpose.Lawgistics had to deal with the credit card company to throw out the claim.....whatever next.

They just keeping getting better and better whatever next :lol:

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

do him a free mot next year

then cut his cv boots 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Guy came in three days ago and bought a little 58 plate Clio PX 43k.....

I know them small car punters are greedy but trying to come back for a partial credit? The general public are getting worse.

Tell him to go legal. If he was daft enough to do so, they’d throw it out.. .....

classic buyers remorse.  Buy in haste , repent at leisure...

He wont   admit it but his missus has found these others cheaper on line  (after he bought yours) and told him no nookie till he gets a refund...

Tbh you can’t reason with this mentality. This is just someone else who wants telling to fuck off :lol:

We've got one at the moment.

Really lovely Volvo S40 Sport. Incredible History, really a proper car.

Phones up and start complaining that they want a full refund because they can't find the locking wheel nut. Refuse to accept that it is in the car, as we show all our customers that it is present and where it is when going through our PDI, and the PDI is signed to say they've recieved it.

Suprise suprise, the same day he starts complaining a Volvo S40 Sport has come up for sale for £600 (ours was £2.5k). This one has 70k more, No History and doesn't drive as it needs a new clutch. He was saying that he'd rather have a diesel than our petrol, but there are just no diesel Sport ones around.

We've had 20 Facebook messages, 30odd texts and 3 phone calls going on and on about this bloody wheel nut. Sent him an F-Off letter, and haven't heard anything since.... Yet....

• Like 1

I'm so glad I don't deal cars anymore.  

14 minutes ago, MrC said:

I'm so glad I don't deal cars anymore.  

How's the campers going hopefully your doing well ?

6 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

why do buyers carry on looking after there purchase ??

Buyers remorse......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casper said:

How's the campers going hopefully your doing well ?

Its certainly keeping us busy. We now convert customer owned vans rather than buying the vans in. VW Commercial will give our customers trade prices. Saves us having to fork out 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrC said:

Its certainly keeping us busy. We now convert customer owned vans rather than buying the vans in. VW Commercial will give our customers trade prices. Saves us having to fork out 

Glad to here your doing well .  Great idea really as you say saves yous having to forking out 

Edited by Casper