Paul Falcon Cars

Audi A3 Car headlight LED upgrade

Hi All

Can anyone advise me on upgrading my Audi A3 headlight bulbs to LED, which bulbs are a good upgrade, and what retaining clips I need. 

Head light type is reflector. 

Paul. 

Edited by Paul Falcon Cars

Tbh, you won’t get the same effect as a proper factory LED headlamp. I know someone who tried an LED bulb upgrade and he ended up throwing them away. If I were you, I’d avoid eBay, especially anything from overseas as very limited comeback

Let us know how you get on.

in your shoes, I’d look for a better halogen replacement, Osram do some called night breaker laser.
About £22 a pair for H7s from ECP

Edited by Dave c

Really appreciate your advice, bought a couple of LED bulbs off eBay a while ago, useless, no beam pattern, bulb failure warning, got my money back.

Will keep you posted.

We had LED bulbs years ago... The bulbs had about 70 tiny LEDs and they were rubbish. No brighter than sidelights.

Those CREE (I think) type ones are supposed to be pretty good - but can't speak from first hand experiance.

+1 for Osram Nightbreakers though.

2 hours ago, Paul Falcon Cars said:

Really appreciate your advice, bought a couple of LED bulbs off eBay a while ago, useless, no beam pattern, bulb failure warning, got my money back.

Will keep you posted.

You will get the bulb failure warning coz of the lower current drawn by the LED version, this fools the car into thinking a bulb is blown. Another reason to sack them 

13 hours ago, Paul Falcon Cars said:

Hi 

Appreciate your help, they certainly look interesting, do you know anything about the retaining clips to hold the bulb in?? 

Paul. 

You should contact Autobulbsdirect to discuss your options. They are usually very helpful. Ask them if they will agree a refund if your beam pattern is no good (reflectors often give too much scatter with a distributed light source - projectors are usually ok).

I think you can buy upgraded headlights, and avoid wasting time in vain. I mean, recently I bought headlights for my car, that is Rav. 4 and they are perfect. The illumination is wonderful and I convinced myself again that humanity does not stand still. The headlights I bought recently are far better than the headlights I had before. By the way, if you want to check the online store I bought my headlights from, you can click on https://www.ltprtz.co.uk/products/headlights/7-LED-Headlight-Phantom-Black-Reflector-LTPZ-BHL7R-B. Stay safe and have a blessed day!

Edited by FlorenceDude

Bung some Osram Night Breakers in there, welll worth the money. 

Forget anything LED, waste of money and even the 501s don't last. 

Also....if like myself you have poor night vision anyway (years of smoking) fit some yellow tinted bulbs in there, the colour contrast really helps at night. 

Edited by Frank Cannon

Not only but also, any LED Bulbs that put out decent light run so bloody hot they will burn the reflectors and other parts inside the headlamp, how much are new Audi Headlamps ? :blink:

To generalise I tend to find using the correct item that a particular part was originally designed for works just fine.

All these chav upgrades, just the same as the sort of punter who has his windscreen strewn with front & rear cameras, a satnav & any other shit he could buy from Halfords/eBay/Amazon, getting run through a 6 port cigarette lighter multiplug. All this is usually attached to the dashboard of an utter heap of shit with under inflated tyres, filthy windows & driven by a moron who the last time he looked in his mirrors saw a Cortina there.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, BHM said:

To generalise I tend to find using the correct item that a particular part was originally designed for works just fine.

All these chav upgrades, just the same as the sort of punter who has his windscreen strewn with front & rear cameras, a satnav & any other shit he could buy from Halfords/eBay/Amazon, getting run through a 6 port cigarette lighter multiplug. All this is usually attached to the dashboard of an utter heap of shit with under inflated tyres, filthy windows & driven by a moron who the last time he looked in his mirrors saw a Cortina there.

Abso fuckin' lutely ;)