Grantlfc81

Car gurus

So over the last 6 months we have noticed that we are getting much more sales from car gurus.

decemeber and jan car gurus are almost at 50/50 with auto trader now.

has anyone else noticed a large increase in good quality leads from car gurus? I seem to be getting much younger people coming through car gurus. 

our last 4 sales have all been gurus also. Tide is turning?

22 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

So over the last 6 months we have noticed that we are getting much more sales from car gurus.

decemeber and jan car gurus are almost at 50/50 with auto trader now.

has anyone else noticed a large increase in good quality leads from car gurus? I seem to be getting much younger people coming through car gurus. 

our last 4 sales have all been gurus also. Tide is turning?

I have had the exact opposite signed up in October and had cracking first 2 months and no a dicky bird since.

Goes in waves this platform.  I'm convinced they have us all on a carousel as you'll all of a sudden see your stock popping up on your internet travels.  

I notice a surge of interest then.  After 'your turn' you're back to their 'organic' feeds/leads from punters searching.

Also, they're fairly high up on google rankings (try searching 'used cars near me') AT are below them. Motors, Gumtree, AA Cars, Exchange and Mart are all on the first page.  

Edited by NOACROSS

i have noticed car gurus are hitting google massivly.... every site i go on i see car gurus cars of interest.  Its looking promising for the Gurus.

5 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

i have noticed car gurus are hitting google massivly.... every site i go on i see car gurus cars of interest.  Its looking promising for the Gurus.

Grant, I binned them around Sept Oct last year, if you are seeing them on other sites it is because the cookies are working their magic, for example you view a car on cargurus but then later when viewing other websites you see the banner ad or that particular vehicle reappear. I got fed up of the ficticous leads so knocked it on the head, they've since been in touch saying i was in the wrong package and now want me to sign up for a different one that's £400 more! 

I know how it works, I ran a web marketing company for 10 years, however those adverts are still being paid for by car gurus. Also seeing a lot of tv advert as well. 

they are working well for us anyway.....

6 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I know how it works, I ran a web marketing company for 10 years, however those adverts are still being paid for by car gurus. Also seeing a lot of tv advert as well. 

Apologies, wasn't sure if you meant the banner ads appear on other sites once you have viewed the car on CG

55 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Curious to know what level of profits car gurus are making if they are paying for Google advertising to drive traffic. 

13 minutes ago, CCC said:

Curious to know what level of profits car gurus are making if they are paying for Google advertising to drive traffic. 

The owner is seriously rich (founder of Trip Advisor) They’re a big thing in the states. 

The best way to make a small fortune is to start with a big one :)

if Autotrader has their heads screwed on they’d be out bidding CarGurus on Google to stop them getting established, however I suspect they are too focussed on short term profit to invest in maintaining their market share.

Big benefit car gurus have with private ownership will be that the owner can keep pumping money in without anyone to answer to.

in reality we’re all losers from this as customers are now spread across multiple platforms (With subsequent increase in costs to reach buyers), go back 20 years and it was Autotrader or local paper only. 

Been on the free package since October with 40 cars, same as advertised on the autotrader. looking at my DMS and dealer portal, stats so far since Oct 7th

AT leads - 281 emails/calls/texts/chats/walk ins and 77 sales

Cargurus - 44 emails, dont think theres any other way of contacting dealer, have replied to every sinlge one but never got a reply and no sales yet, but its free so will see what happens 

Emails are no good from car gurus. We rarely convert unless they call us.  When they call us it’s generally a decent lead.