Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Fiat Panda

What’s people’s success like with selling Pandas ? I have had a decent spec one at my site for 3 months. Not as much as a enquiry. 62 plate done 60000, 2 owners with fsh. Normally not my sort of car and everyone tells me how ugly they are. I like the small engine low road tax stuff so I thought I can’t go wrong at £20 a year tax. Sold a few corsa’s  yaris’s Honda jazz and three Mazda 2s but still can’t shift this Panda lol. It’s honestly mint as well and priced below retail now. 

I’m based in London and I never see fiat pandas? I’m guessing that buyers looking for small, easy parking, cheap tax don’t buy fiats? Go figure? 

7 minutes ago, metcars said:

I’m based in London and I never see fiat pandas? I’m guessing that buyers looking for small, easy parking, cheap tax don’t buy fiats? Go figure? 

No I won’t anymore. Puntos I found are ok 

Struggle with the newer shape but do fine with the old shape...older ones a low price point + still low tax, mpg etc

1 hour ago, Pip said:

What’s people’s success like with selling Pandas ? I have had a decent spec one at my site for 3 months. Not as much as a enquiry. 62 plate done 60000, 2 owners with fsh. Normally not my sort of car and everyone tells me how ugly they are. I like the small engine low road tax stuff so I thought I can’t go wrong at £20 a year tax. Sold a few corsa’s  yaris’s Honda jazz and three Mazda 2s but still can’t shift this Panda lol. It’s honestly mint as well and priced below retail now. 

I’ve got one, not had an sniff in 4 months, and I’m selling it for a loss. I had the flashing odo which cost me £600 at Fiat. Plus normal prep, it’s a horrible car... Don’t know what possessed me to buy it...

We do ok with these,but as I mentioned earlier it is what we do low miles bread and butter cars to our elderly Southport residents!!

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’ve got one, not had an sniff in 4 months, and I’m selling it for a loss. I had the flashing odo which cost me £600 at Fiat. Plus normal prep, it’s a horrible car... Don’t know what possessed me to buy it...

Thats an expensive fix Simon, sure there's cheaper ways of doing the proxy alignment which fixes the flashing issue 

We've had a couple and sold them both quite quickly, both older shape.

Everyone who was buying other stuff did say that the Panda was ugly. Poor little thing!

Wouldn't rush to buy more, but wouldn't be scared at sensible money. I got my mum a 2004 one 5 years or so ago. She is due an upgrade but will not part with it. Loves the little thing! Probably only had 1 service in that time, but hasn't put a foot wrong.

Edited by D&M

I’ve had a few 4x4 Pandas & they get plenty of interest from absolute tyrekicking bellends - all sad middle- & old-aged men emailing shit or phoning for a chat about fuel consumption. 

ACTUAL customers for them are few & far between so they sit for a couple of months but when they go do pull a reasonable profit, or strangely enough, attract good swappers.

For those tempted I’d like to point out they drive shit, are underpowered, the diesels piss fluids out of every orifice and by the time they get to 80K miles are only fit for the bin.

Used to sell loads of the older ones, but suddenly became hard work.  They used to be a cheap car to buy new and therefore cheap at 3/4 years old, not so much the case anymore.

Seem very colour sensitive, white ones stick like you know what.

I have stopped buying Pandas. They always sell in the end but with hardly any margin by the time it's overage and reduced.

Old lady car. Kids won't buy because of the looks.

We just sold a 2010 4x4, 97k £2795

existing customer lovely people turned up looked around and said we will have it.

always been good news for us have pandas

My daughter bought a new shape Panda , F##Ck### horrible thing in red of all bloody colours , she had it for weeks and weeks and weeks with NONE , ZERO , ZILCH interest in it . Done 60k and was down to £2,495 .

Then one morning this guy walks in , " can i have the keys for that Panda ? " of course sir I said :D , Shows him the car and he says " do you take PX Cars ? . Sure can look I said , what have you got . 

The 350Z GT over there , GULP :)well lets have a look , was a 40k car with 9 Nissan services and not a mark on it , "Wife hates it he says " It was like new , 

I'll swap you I go , as a flippant remark , ONLY went and said that's what I was hoping for :lol::o:ph34r:

Lets go to my office :ph34r:

Not had nerve to buy another Panda though :lol:

OH Forgot to say the 350Z is still in my daughters garage at her house , :rolleyes:

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 3

I've had one of the new shape ones. It took ages to sell, and barely made anything when it did. As for the 2004 shape on, I've had a few of them, the £30 tax ones sell just fine, I avoid the others. But they are a 'pitch car', not really one to set the internet on fire.