michael smith

Autotrader Dealer Auction Think They Run Us

Dealer Auction/Auto Trader More Greed.If you are like us renewed our dealer auction subscription £99+Vat and clearly have an invoice stating Subscription from 30/11/2019 - 30/11/2020 we then get an email saying the fees have gone up lol we have paid [from renewal i can understand] and have a receipt stating the same.AND ALL OF THIS FOR A SUB STANDARD COMPLICATED SYSTEM COMPARED TO THE DEALER AUCTION ORIGINAL THAT WAS BRILLIANT COMPARED.Surely this amounts to breach of contract and we should all fight them to our respective renewal dates.

I know the Holdcroft group are setting up there own dealer auction style site, and I’ve been told it’d be free to join. Obviously dealers will have to prove trade status, but should be another decent source. I think they sell around 500-600 px’s a month. Should be up and running within a month or so. 

2 minutes ago, MAP said:

I know the Holdcroft group are setting up there own dealer auction style site, and I’ve been told it’d be free to join. Obviously dealers will have to prove trade status, but should be another decent source. I think they sell around 500-600 px’s a month. Should be up and running within a month or so. 

Just got to be able to handle dealing with moany bollocks Steve! 

Haha! He’s okay, just don’t moan about the cars, pay and collect quickly and he’ll be fine !!! ;)

That will be a kick in the teeth to Dealer Auction if Holdcroft go on their own.  Was half expecting it anyway.

Steve's alright,  always been good as gold to me.

Ha Ha,Steve’s alright ? ( whoever he is ) good as gold etc.To us hard boiled traders that sounds like a coded message.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

Ha Ha,Steve’s alright ? ( whoever he is ) good as gold etc.To us hard boiled traders that sounds like a coded message.

Tin foil hat..?

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

Steve is the manager at the Holdcroft trade centre, he just doesn’t like messers. Come, collect and go and he’ll be fine. 

37 minutes ago, MAP said:

Steve is the manager at the Holdcroft trade centre, he just doesn’t like messers. Come, collect and go and he’ll be fine. 

He probably is although ‘ Holdcroft Trade Centre ‘ ,I can think of a lot of people ( from yesteryear) who would pay big money to get that job.!

I've never had any problems with him, I chipped them £150 on a car once. He needed some persuading though.

Regarding Dealer Auction, yes it is shit, but they have opened it up to all traders, not just franchised, and at least doubled the annual fees, so I don't think they will miss the 10 or 20 a month that Holdcroft put through them, if they are going to do their own thing, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Rough estimate for Holdcroft would be more like 150-200 units per month, perhaps more.  

Maybe AT wont miss them, but it has a domino effect.

Looks like Sturgess Group have left DA too. 

24 minutes ago, CRW said:

Rough estimate for Holdcroft would be more like 150-200 units per month, perhaps more.  

yearly fee doubled almost immediately , not even giving existing members of original dealer auction a few months to get used to site and then decide if they want to stay ,and  i guarantee buyers fee's will go up very soon.

i really cant see any one signing up where they would have to pay £99 a month..... anything autotrader get involved in is going to be a rip off for us.

• Like 1

But they must be feeling there stock would make more money, quicker and with less ‘hassles’ at BCA/Manheim? 

Maybe back in the halcyon days it’s was all gentleman shaking hands on honest descriptions but that clearly is no longer the case. Vendors want every last £1 out of their stock and making friends is no longer a priority? 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:03 PM, MAP said:

It makes sense, rather like Sytner do, although in Holdcroft’s case miserable & ignorant Steve & his band of not-so-merry assistants will have to up their game regarding descriptions, not just the usual cut & paste job. 

I for one do not miss their poorly appraised cars.

#CouldNotDescribeALumpOfCoal

On 12/28/2019 at 11:03 PM, MAP said:

Sounds good keep us posted

If only more vendors would sign up to Full Auction, great site, just like the old Dealer Auction, the staff were really helpful if you ever needed them too, I really felt for them when they lost Robins And Day, it's nice to see the stock levels improving on there the last couple of weeks :)

I agree, would like to see Full Auction get back up and running.

One thing that seems a little strange with FA, is the amount of staff they seem to have, according to their Christmas cards anyway.   Considering they have had hardly any cars for sale over the last 3 years, I cant work out what's been paying the wages!

Edited by CRW
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 9:45 AM, CRW said:

No, they will. It’s £35 a car plus to sell on there, so 500-600 a month from Holdcroft is going to cost them at least £17k a month!!! 

6 hours ago, D... said:

Anyone heard of autotradex.com?

Nah