MrC

Just what you dont need

Sadly a few units at work got broken in to yesterday at 17:30, the fuckers cut through my roller shutter with a grinder. Luckily my alarm sent them away and they stole nothing. I do have CCTV (Blink XT2 cameras) so managed to watch the scum bags break in, they looked all of about 15 years old.

I didn't have the cameras set to notification on my app but changed that now! The alarm is being upgraded to allow notifications too. 

My neighbours both got rinsed, £15k worth of industrial line painting equipment and £9k worth of wine. 

Door has now been fixed and fingers crossed they wont be back. 

You wont be surprised to hear the Police have not been yet!! To busy catching people doing 33 mph in a 30

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MrC said:

Sadly a few units at work got broken in to yesterday at 17:30, the fuckers cut through my roller shutter with a grinder. Luckily my alarm sent them away and they stole nothing. I do have CCTV (Blink XT2 cameras) so managed to watch the scum bags break in, they looked all of about 15 years old.

I didn't have the cameras set to notification on my app but changed that now! The alarm is being upgraded to allow notifications too. 

My neighbours both got rinsed, £15k worth of industrial line painting equipment and £9k worth of wine. 

You wont be surprised to hear the Police have not been yet!! To busy catching people doing 33 mph in a 30

Same thing happened at my old work a few years ago recently new built garage exact same entry method cut the roller shutter got away with an estate car and snap on box full of tools and a clarke box full of cheaper tools that got recovered along with other bits and bobs but the snap on one was never found and the car was found torched was around this time of year too

Edited by Casper

9 hours ago, MrC said:

Have they sent round the patronising young girl with her leaflets yet?

Merry bloody Christmas. Alas, you’ve now learnt that CCTV doesn’t stop anyone, as a crime prevention method it’s as good as useless against burglars & only an identification tool. However most burglers couldn’t really give a toss about occasionally getting their collar felt - it’s an occupational hazard. 

Tbh you’re lucky the scum were bothered by the alarm. 

• Like 1

I think the unsolved burglary rate is about 97%.The Police will probably know who is responsible but to bring a prosecution ( which costs a lot of money ) they need to have a very good case to proceed.One thing you need to protect your premises is very strong security lighting ,it is a good deterrent.Tango Victor will know better but he seems to have deserted us

My house got broken into just under 2 years ago, I was upstairs. Chased the guy down the street, managed to catch him and punch him to the ground, but I had to let him go when he pulled a knife on me, I still have scars on my arms where the junkie prick scratched me.

Anyway the dick done 10 houses in my area within 2 days And got caught as he was well known to the police but he done a deal with the pf where he pleaded to a few of them and they then dropped the rest of the cases including mine.

He got 2 years in prison of which he will serve half so he’ll be out by now back up to his usual tricks. These pricks need there fingers chopped off!

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

My house got broken into just under 2 years ago, I was upstairs. Chased the guy down the street, managed to catch him and punch him to the ground, but I had to let him go when he pulled a knife on me, I still have scars on my arms where the junkie prick scratched me.

Anyway the dick done 10 houses in my area within 2 days And got caught as he was well known to the police but he done a deal with the pf where he pleaded to a few of them and they then dropped the rest of the cases including mine.

He got 2 years in prison of which he will serve half so he’ll be out by now back up to his usual tricks. These pricks need there fingers chopped off!

I imagine if you had detained the guy and injured him,you may have been in more trouble than him.Can you imagine working as a front line Police Officer these days,it must be awfull considering the risks they take to follow their modern rule book.

5 hours ago, trade vet said:

I imagine if you had detained the guy and injured him,you may have been in more trouble than him.Can you imagine working as a front line Police Officer these days,it must be awfull considering the risks they take to follow their modern rule book.

Hey, it must be tough checking everyones insurance and tax on the in car computer. Much more stressful than chasing bank robbers with shotguns?

23 hours ago, trade vet said:

I think the unsolved burglary rate is about 97%.The Police will probably know who is responsible but to bring a prosecution ( which costs a lot of money ) they need to have a very good case to proceed.One thing you need to protect your premises is very strong security lighting ,it is a good deterrent.Tango Victor will know better but he seems to have deserted us

I agree with the plenty of lighting, I replaced all my HID lights with LED's over two years ago which cut my electricity bill by two thirds. The money I saved in the first year alone paid for the lights and the fitting.

I would also recommend having an internal siren and strobe light fitted, burglars don't like light or noise and the alarm in my small office is deafening so they won't be hanging around for long. 

Rozzers still have not been,  numerous calls from them with an apology and saying they saying coming shortly...... again!!

I count myself really lucky that nothing was stolen.  But feel really sorry for my work neighbours. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, MrC said:

Rozzers still have not been,  numerous calls from them with an apology and saying they saying coming shortly...... again!!

I count myself really lucky that nothing was stolen.  But feel really sorry for my work neighbours. 

Yes  i know its a busy time of year but they think they would be there its terrible as you say its the garages way to make a living .  Then someone comes along and takes that from them 

Edited by Casper

Over 5 days and counting.. still no police visit! 

• Sad 1

A guy I know was a copper retired on 2/3 final at 49, that is one of the reason the force is short. Maybe someone can figure how much you would need in a pot to give £30,000 a year at 49. 

Trouble is, if you don’t encourage people to do these jobs, who’d bother? Who would work as a fireman or policeman for the same shitty contract you get at Tesco? Shame they don’t do something about supporting soldiers when they retire?

44 minutes ago, metcars said:

Trouble is, if you don’t encourage people to do these jobs, who’d bother? Who would work as a fireman or policeman for the same shitty contract you get at Tesco? Shame they don’t do something about supporting soldiers when they retire?

Trouble is most people would prefer Tesco.Where are they going to get the extra 20 thousand police officers promised for London.I would imagine a lot will have to be poached from other forces.Police chiefs are under huge pressure with league tables to keep the crime rate down so is there any wonder why a lot of crimes are not recorded properly.Then you have the CPS who are under pressure not to lose cases because court costs are £10 grand per day,so they reject or water down a lot of prosecutions.The whole system is a farce.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrC said:

A couple of years back we had 12 windscreens put through and a couple of front ends battered,  in a 45 sec blitz across the forecourt.  Rushed into work at midnight and sat here until early hours waiting for the police to turn up.

Still waiting.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Screenman said:

Metcars, my son is a fireman, they are always first on the scene when a shout goes out.

Good, tell him there are lots of us that think they are hero’s! And deserve a good pension! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metcars said:

Good, tell him there are lots of us that think they are hero’s! And deserve a good pension! 

Trouble is, depending when he signed up - that particular benefit is shite in comparison to "the good ole days."

17 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Trouble is, depending when he signed up - that particular benefit is shite in comparison to "the good ole days."

Well, you would have to cast your mind back 10 yrs to the global financial crisis and the government were looking to justify 'austerity'. So with the help of the Daily Fail they would pick on, and in no particular order, unemployed, sick, disabled, elderly, council workers, nurses, doctors, fireman and policemen. Because apparently, all fireman are 'millionaires', with holiday homes in the South of France and spend their days polishing their Ferrari's?

Edited by metcars

16 hours ago, MrC said:

Just seen something on Sky News about Police response to crime in Kent.It is based on a computer algorithm which makes the decision based on a 3 colour code priority system ?.This woman had confronted people stealing her husbands work tools from their garage and she was threatened by one of them holding a baseball bat.Unless I missed something,I think she said she was yet to get any response from the Police .

2 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Just seen something on Sky News about Police response to crime in Kent.It is based on a computer algorithm which makes the decision based on a 3 colour code priority system ?.This woman had confronted people stealing her husbands work tools from their garage and she was threatened by one of them holding a baseball bat.Unless I missed something,I think she said she was yet to get any response from the Police .

It’s a wonder she bothered calling the police at all. Must be an everyday occurrence in the garden of england? 

20 hours ago, metcars said:

I agree, just less so about others that are/were on over inflated pensions.

So much easier if the burglar "trips" over the kerb on his way out and breaks both legs, arm, cracked ribs, fractured skull and lands on his knife.... fifteen times.....