Sign in to follow this  
15Cars

Do boosted Facebook ads produce sales?

Evening all

I've been tarting up my Facebook page over the past few weeks and have boosted 9 adverts so far this week (£10-£30 spend each ad over 5 days, all cars at CAP retail maximum with finance examples). I've had a few piss weak leads asking if they can test drive etc but they've not gone anywhere. Just curious if anybody is having success taking this route?

10 minutes ago, 15Cars said:

Evening all

I've been tarting up my Facebook page over the past few weeks and have boosted 9 adverts so far this week (£10-£30 spend each ad over 5 days, all cars at CAP retail maximum with finance examples). I've had a few piss weak leads asking if they can test drive etc but they've not gone anywhere. Just curious if anybody is having success taking this route?

Yes. Trial and error, when you crack it its a good feeling.

12 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Thanks. I guess you're referring to the user set demographic?

1 minute ago, 15Cars said:

Thanks. I guess you're referring to the user set demographic?

Its to do with your content. Good content, a little organic reach and then a boost finishes it gets it over the line.

No point boosting a piece of shit advert. Its just putting a piece of shit in front of people who aren't going to click it.

15 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Share your wisdom :D

Just now, Mojo121 said:

Share your wisdom :D

Spent a lot of time and money.  I share a lot of insight here but some stuff will cost you :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 15Cars said:

Fair enough, I will keep plugging as I hate to be defeated! 

Try different styles of advert / dont boost all at once / google a/b testing when one gains traction chuck money at that kill the other one send me a xmas present if you sell one before xmas

• Like 2

Get a business account and use Ads manager. That gives you more control and enables you to be more creative. Eg you can create an ad to directly serve to people who’ve seen more than 50% of a Car video you upload, target people who’ve visited your website, etc.

It’s really quite amazing what you can do with FB advertising.

• Like 1

It really is a trial and error and you would be amazed at the amount of crazy adds out there, my 18 year son old keeps getting a local company boosted adds in his news feeds for audi s5 m sport bmw,s even had a g wagon last week, what on earth is the point on targeting that age group they would never be able to insure the car in a million years even if they could finance the car up, complete waste of money time and effort.

With Ads manager you can set target ages to cut out the unlikely demographics, plus target on interests, family situation (parents with young kids, etc). 

10 minutes ago, justina3 said:

It really is a trial and error and you would be amazed at the amount of crazy adds out there, my 18 year son old keeps getting a local company boosted adds in his news feeds for audi s5 m sport bmw,s even had a g wagon last week, what on earth is the point on targeting that age group they would never be able to insure the car in a million years even if they could finance the car up, complete waste of money time and effort.

I dont totally agree here Justin, with fb the aim is to generate 'organic reach' which is basically free advertising. If an 18 year old gets a nice car in his feed he/she will likely comment or 'like' the advert which will in turn appear in all their friends feeds too, ie organic reach.

I think targetting youngsters with expensive exotic cars is clever for the reason mentioned above. Kids will engage in it, a bit like having a poster on the wall as a kid! They do this stuff on their phones now.

Not that I sell exotic cars like this, far from it actually lol. I just see the method in the madness!

3 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

I dont totally agree here Justin, with fb the aim is to generate 'organic reach' which is basically free advertising. If an 18 year old gets a nice car in his feed he/she will likely comment or 'like' the advert which will in turn appear in all their friends feeds too, ie organic reach.

I think targetting youngsters with expensive exotic cars is clever for the reason mentioned above. Kids will engage in it, a bit like having a poster on the wall as a kid! They do this stuff on their phones now.

Not that I sell exotic cars like this, far from it actually lol. I just see the method in the madness!

I see your point and whilst i think it has a little legs i dont quite buy into it, so far all the add has done is get a few kids going wow nice motor and looking at the post it has had two posts for kids younger than my son tagging each other in saying one day, the way i see it they would have been better spending there budget on aiming a little higher in the age group to possibly obtain a sale after all that is the whole point of the system not to get a load of spotty kids excited, i would imaging the average user of that age friends list is going to be around about the same age group give or take.

Regarding organic reach again i take your point but what is the point of reaching a load of customers who have almost zero chance of converting into a sale, I would much rather spend my money on target driven organic reach so i can convert likes and comments into sales. 

Isn’t it a case with all internet advertising that all of the likes/comments/watchers etc. count for absolutely fuck all? 

It’s a punter holding folding that counts and that punter won’t be one of the dickheads writing drivel at 11 o’clock at night or giving it the thumbs up.

• Like 1

You can buy likes, comments etc cheaper than paying for reach in the hope that someone like it. That's why you see all these "wonder mop" type products (remember JML? That sort of product) ads on Facebook with 5,000 likes and 1,000 comments. Encourages the sheep to buy buy buy

• Like 1

I advertise all my stock on FB marketplace, its free and I sell around 1-2 a month. Surely, if someone is looking for a car on FB they simply search the marketplace, it take seconds..... I certainly wouldn't pay any extra to pester people in their feeds. 

5 hours ago, twerp said:

Don't forget car emojis and the big green ticks

lol.

Stupid Sunday old person question: do you have to load individually on Market Place or is there a way of feeding it from wherever?

We have a FB page that performs OK/is growing and we have regular car postings on the page via Click Dealer. 

6 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Stupid Sunday old person question: do you have to load individually on Market Place or is there a way of feeding it from wherever?

We have a FB page that performs OK/is growing and we have regular car postings on the page via Click Dealer. 

Mine are all loaded directly from Car Dealer 5 with no intevention by me - cost is £25 per month.

Ring Facebook and ask them to set it up for you.

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Mine are all loaded directly from Car Dealer 5 with no intevention by me - cost is £25 per month.

Ring Facebook and ask them to set it up for you.

Cheers Mark. 
I’m surprised Click Dealer don’t feed it. Maybe they do. I’ve asked the question. 

Otherwise I’ll do as you suggest. 

27 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Cheers Mark. 
I’m surprised Click Dealer don’t feed it. Maybe they do. I’ve asked the question. 

FB Automotive <info@fbautomotive.co.uk>

My contact is/was Lucy if that helps you mate.

3 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

FB Automotive <info@fbautomotive.co.uk>

My contact is/was Lucy if that helps you mate.

Brill. Cheers. Ha. I didn’t even know they had such a department. 

1 minute ago, NOACROSS said:

Brill. Cheers. Ha. I didn’t even know they had such a department. 

The alternative is FB Picturesofdinners <info@fbpicturesofdinners.co.uk>

:lol:

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Cheers Mark. 

They do as they do it for us mate. Should have it if they already do the social stuff for you. Chase up and get them to sort it for you.

sold something off it this weekend.

Edited by Rory RSC