Grantlfc81

December Expectations

Whats everyones expectations for december.

We have done 5-6 for the first few days of December but someone turned the tap off since the 4th and we have had no phone calls and only 2 emails with 50 cars in stock and all on auto trader in the last 3 days.

Im feeling a city break away for a few days just in case its dead. i have a couple of business partners so no real pressure to be here as everything is prepped / close to it.

There is no way im sitting around for the next 14 days with naff all happening.

We have had a super year and have sold enough to cover our overheads already for this month which is always nice and hopefully get a few more away also. December will be about restocking with some good quality cars ready to go again next year. 

Im closing down for 2 weeks over Christmas for a well deserved ski break. 

Have done four so far.  Much better than this time last month.  Have another approved on finance, but now dragging their feet- groan.

Only did 10 last year in December. 12 year before and 16 year before that

I’m aiming for 12 minimumcurrently done 5

Hopefully the period between Xmas and NY is fruitful 

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Have done four so far.  Much better than this time last month.  Have another approved on finance, but now dragging their feet- groan.

Only did 10 last year in December. 12 year before and 16 year before that

I am exactly the same as you Noa

4 Sold and one pre approved on finance, meant to be coming today between 2.30 and 3pm but gone quiet.

9 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I am exactly the same as you Noa

4 Sold and one pre approved on finance, meant to be coming today between 2.30 and 3pm but gone quiet.

Bugger mate.  That sinking feeling when you're pretty sure they've cocked off.  :0(

1 minute ago, NOACROSS said:

Bugger mate.  That sinking feeling when you're pretty sure they've cocked off.  :0(

Yes and he's the second one I fear to have cocked.

Had an old boy calling from Plymouth on my overage CLS - had three sensible conversations with him yesterday and was certain he would be here today to conclude a deal against his X3. Not heard sight nor sound.

Such a great start to the week too :(

My expectations are to pay the bills. Not alot of profit to be earned in a December with an election looming.But you never know.

However December is the month to stock up and prep. I hate buying in January, prices are insane.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Well - eating my hat.

Golf buyer turned up just as I was pulling the shutter down, quick look and dipper left - colecting next week.

Oh and bonus. My valeter bought the shitter of a X-Type Jag 4x4 for cost (which I am more than happy with).

That makes 6 confirmed sales.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

We have done 5-6 for the first few days of December but someone turned the tap off since the 4th and we have had no phone calls and only 2 emails with 50 cars in stock and all on auto trader in the last 3 days.

Im feeling a city break away for a few days just in case its dead. i have a couple of business partners so no real pressure to be here as everything is prepped / close to it.

Get yourselve off Grant then it will pick up again.

6 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

October was blinding for me, November suicidal but so far December has been super busy with tons of enquiries, only 2 sales but 5(!) viewings lined up for tomorrow which is major for my stock level. 

Edited by 15Cars

56 minutes ago, AAM90 said:

However December is the month to stock up and prep. I hate buying in January, prices are insane.

January prices insane, are you saying prices are ok now!!! If they go up any more the auctions will be retailing them to us...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Very poor here too Grant, so bored I'm more interested in knowing where you are planning on going for your city break. 

• 2 from 10 this month, one to be collected next week so not doing too bad. Stocking up time;)

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Well - eating my hat.

Golf buyer turned up just as I was pulling the shutter down, quick look and dipper left - colecting next week.

Oh and bonus. My valeter bought the shitter of a X-Type Jag 4x4 for cost (which I am more than happy with).

That makes 6 confirmed sales.

Get in! Result!

I sold a Kangoo WAV to what must be the  first punter I can remember in a long while who hasn’t booked ahead. 

Normally do OK in December but lease car conversions are very low despite manufacturers throwing extra money in, just don’t seem to be the customers.

Used retail cars have been slow but have got out of two RRS’s with good money and a new shape Micra flew out , amazed me.

We are aware of several companies waiting to see what happens next week before they commit to any more vehicles.

• Like 1

Well we have surprisingly done 18 so far this month..... way way way over our anticipated numbers. 6 done this weekend.... how’s everyone else going? Unfortunately I didn’t book that break but happy with the additional £’s that I didn’t expect!

12 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Well we have surprisingly done 18 so far this month..... way way way over our anticipated numbers. 6 done this weekend.... how’s everyone else going? Unfortunately I didn’t book that break but happy with the additional £’s that I didn’t expect!

Good result that mate.  Just pipping us we are on 17, weekend felt healthy with plenty of activity. Cheers you up when its back to business as normal.

Done 11 November and 5 this month have a feeling it may be slow now on in plenty of stock vans and cars ready no need to buy at silly prices in New year.

Up to 12 with a return customer today, took the old one bag in as well, 2008 Picasso 82k on it and still in same condition as when they had it off my 2 years ago.

So nice deal. 

My target was 12 this month so I'm gonna revise that now to 18, not sure if thats pushing it or not/

Steady month with 8 sold so far with only 8 currently listed, I've got 12 in various states of disrepair / prep... was hoping to max out on the double up but that isn't going to happen now. I'm very positive though, thank god the blues won with a huge majority...  that'll bring confidence finally back to the market, lots of you newbies here haven't seen it when the market is really buoyant, but then again I'm not sure we'll see that market return..... Anyways, I got a date with some beers..... ;)

Edited by Arfur Dealy

On 12/16/2019 at 9:40 AM, Ek cars said:

Done 11 November and 5 this month have a feeling it may be slow now on in plenty of stock vans and cars ready no need to buy at silly prices in New year.

That mirror's my numbers exactly Ek, how many did you have advertised in Nov and Dec?

12 sold and gone, if I sell any more I will eat my hat but I have a nice level of stock for January, which we shall spend the couple of days left of this year getting them prepped.

Edited by Mark101