Dan W

Cazoo

Anyone checked out their website yet, Looks ok haven't seemed to have sold many cars since its launch and vague on the history and owners of the cars.

Be interesting to see how they develop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan W said:

Anyone checked out their website yet, Looks ok haven't seemed to have sold many cars since its launch and vague on the history and owners of the cars.

Be interesting to see how they develop.

Had a quick look earlier be nice to see how it works out be interesting  

I can't see this working in the long term. They will drown in returns. 7 day free returns. Can you imagine all those snowflakes ordering cars which in the photos look like new but in reality it's a used car

9 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

where are they advertising ?

Got 1000 on Autotrader , I'm led to belive they have circa 4000 cars in stock??

31 minutes ago, umesh said:

Got 1000 on Autotrader , I'm led to belive they have circa 4000 cars in stock??

Thankyou, 1500 is the average, got 1700 at the moment in stock, thing is, they reckon to give good service, but yet, reading the small print they won't even tax it for you, they send you the new keeper reference number, such a basic thing we all on here arrange customers tax don't we ? 

17 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

reading the small print they won't even tax it for you, they send you the new keeper reference number, such a basic thing we all on here arrange customers tax don't we ? 

Really ! Can't belive that - customers just want it easy, so why not do that for them! seems bizarre! 

I would assume the customer taxes the car but Cazoo keeps the V5 until after the return period.

If the car is backed the customer can’t reclaim the tax money as they paid it in a separate transaction.

34 minutes ago, Contracts said:

I would assume the customer taxes the car but Cazoo keeps the V5 until after the return period.

If the car is backed the customer can’t reclaim the tax money as they paid it in a separate transaction.

Well that won’t cause any trouble,will it ?

Should be OK as long as the date taxed matches the change of keeper date, just means the V5 is 14 days late.  If the car is backed tax and COK at Post Office for the next owner.

17 minutes ago, Contracts said:

Should be OK as long as the date taxed matches the change of keeper date, just means the V5 is 14 days late.  If the car is backed tax and COK at Post Office for the next owner.

I was referring to the punter who rejects the car having just taxed it.If they are going to be out of pocket it with this system ( if that is the case )it will no doubt cause aggrovation even if they have opted to pay tax monthly.

had a look and it has to be said the website looks good, stock profile is very good too, looking at the stock and photos its clear they have some experienced motor trade people on board,

1816 units on the site, 1598 of those are sub 40k miles and less than 5 years old, 1352 less than 3 years old, only 5 cars over 60k miles, that profile is very hard to achieve with 100 cars let alone 1800, has to be said that is impressive, presume they recruited some very experienced buyers?

with that profile i cant see them not gaining traction, whether they make any money is another thing! would love to know what the margins are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awc1000 said:

had a look and it has to be said the website looks good, stock profile is very good too, looking at the stock and photos its clear they have some experienced motor trade people on board,

1816 units on the site, 1598 of those are sub 40k miles and less than 5 years old, 1352 less than 3 years old, only 5 cars over 60k miles, that profile is very hard to achieve with 100 cars let alone 1800, has to be said that is impressive, presume they recruited some very experienced buyers?

with that profile i cant see them not gaining traction, whether they make any money is another thing! would love to know what the margins are.

Im unsure of the pricing some stuff looks reasonable and other stuff seems high when you compare to local dealers 

5 hours ago, awc1000 said:

that profile is very hard to achieve with 100 cars let alone 1800, has to be said that is impressive, presume they recruited some very experienced buyers?

i disagree :D experienced motor trade people would sort the road tax, hold onto the p/ex for 7 days [once its gone its gone] and sorn the current cars they have, its the dvla law, many of these cars have been purchased may onwards, thats 8 months give or take parked up somewhere, after 3 month they should be put in trade [dvla], you can buy a lot of cars in 8 months :)

• Like 1

7 day money back guarantee? But with the Sales Of Goods Act, buying from a car dealer it should be a 30 day m/b guarantee anyway. Especially if buying it unseen. 3 month warranty - should be 6 month and fit for purpose, surely?