Sign in to follow this  
Happy

No more auto trader for me

They've changed the PAYG dealer portal. In the past you could add upgrades and it would tally up how many ££ worth of upgrades the car had. That's gone now and it's basically like the private side of AutoTrader. Not sure what the point or logic is.

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

They've changed the PAYG dealer portal. In the past you could add upgrades and it would tally up how many ££ worth of upgrades the car had. That's gone now and it's basically like the private side of AutoTrader. Not sure what the point or logic is.

They have no point or logic at all 

Looks like it's dependent on Browser. Using Safari Nick's MINI is Good Price and no marker on E Coupe, on Chrome MINI is only Fair Price and E Coupe has high price marker.

Some lovely stock there BTW. I especially like the 03 Focus. Both my kids have them (£300 cars) and they are brilliant things, though one is getting a bit leggy  after 4 yrs.

Edited by CCC

nick, i'm using chrome through a chromebook, all your adds have markers except focus and tt and a3, the merc E coupe coming in at high marker +£1139.

I also ditched AT a year ago and I’ve actually done more business this year just using motors/eBay 

Last 3 months zero sales through AT previously all sales through AT . Lucky if the younger generation know who autotrader are and if they do there not enticed to look there..

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marc said:

Last 3 months zero sales through AT previously all sales through AT . Lucky if the younger generation know who autotrader are and if they do there not enticed to look there..

I genuinely think the younger market look on eBay/facebox over AT.. although I refuse to use FB as it’s the worst platform for timewasters in my experience 

50 minutes ago, Lucky13 said:

I genuinely think the younger market look on eBay/facebox over AT.. although I refuse to use FB as it’s the worst platform for timewasters in my experience 

You haven’t tried Shpock then :lol:

8 hours ago, Marc said:

If anyone one advertises on AT for 3 Months and gets zero sales I would find that unbelievable -_-

4 hours ago, Row said:

If anyone one advertises on AT for 3 Months and gets zero sales I would find that unbelievable -_-

PAYG and not constant. I'm not saying they wouldn't sell on autotrader but they sold through FB before AT had a chance to dip my pockets again. 

FB was a waste of time  in the past but a change of strategy on advert , targeted and posted by my business partner has produced good results.

I tend to have young person's type cars kA grand Prix , Corsa stings  etc Agree you get a lot of messers on FB but tends to be with the cheap cars on marketplace. 

Autotrader no longer have the biggest audience....