DJC CARS

Dealer Auction Platform

Is 'Dealer Trade' worth looking at at all?

Wondering about signing up.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:05 PM, tradex said:

Mine only works on ChromeB)

I want to see want a vendor has in Northampton.....type in Northampton as a keyword and not recognised and can't search by county, so I have wade thru pages of cars, fucking abysmal system:angry:

type in a northampton postcode for your location (if it lets you) then put a distance of say 5 miles. PITA but could be a workaround?

Just bought my first car off the new system 

2013 Ceed in silver From BCC Bolton

Edited by SC Derby

27 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Just bought my first car off the new system 

I've bought 2 this week. But I can't find where to get VAT invoices for buyers fee. Emailed DA but no answer

Any ideas?

The first car I bought on Monday didn't show who the vendor was. I had to guess and make a phone call. This issue is sorted now. But it's a mess

I have a DA account but never been lucky (or unlucky) enough to get anywhere near a purchase. What does surprise me is how many on here are complaining about not being able to use the site when I thought the general concensus was that DA had become a waste of time anyway.

I certainly do not plan on dipping my toes in until these teething issues are sorted. I only paid my £99 in the hope of retaining legacy rights on the off chance the site becomes a valuable source of stock.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AAM90 said:

I've bought 2 this week. But I can't find where to get VAT invoices for buyers fee. Emailed DA but no answer

Any ideas?

The first car I bought on Monday didn't show who the vendor was. I had to guess and make a phone call. This issue is sorted now. But it's a mess

It’s on dashboard then somewhere in there

ivr downloaded and printed mine. If you can’t find it will give exact details tomorrow

50 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

It’s on dashboard then somewhere in there

ivr downloaded and printed mine. If you can’t find it will give exact details tomorrow

Just had another look. Can't seem to find it. I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction 

Has anybody noticed that the AT 'trade' values in the AT portal have crept closer towards CC recently, or am I dreaming it?

Haven't signed up to the new platform so can't see the transaction fees. What are the buying fees they are charging on top of the £99 per month? 

Yep , all working properly again now .

I know this for sure because now have ten or more emails every day from 'noreply@buying.autotrader.co.uk' telling me I've been outbid on whatever .                                                                     Glad the good old days are back , I hate change .

30 minutes ago, Anglo9 said:

Yep , all working properly again now .

I know this for sure because now have ten or more emails every day from 'noreply@buying.autotrader.co.uk' telling me I've been outbid on whatever .                                                                     Glad the good old days are back , I hate change .

Most annoying is the texted codes. I’d forgotten about them. 

Didn't take long for autotrader to push the prices up, who else got this email this afternoon:

As of January, your subscription will remain an annual fee, just £199p/a +vat payable each January. You’ll be rebated for any months you’ve already paid for, as highlighted below........

The new platforms awful, prices still seem crazy, really want to sack them off, if just a few more of the larger dealer groups head over to Full Auction it won't be worth staying on there anyway!!

Yup yearly subcription doubled , surprise surprise . I hope it all goes tits up for the money grabbing cunts.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pmpants said:

Didn't take long for autotrader to push the prices up, who else got this email this afternoon:

As of January, your subscription will remain an annual fee, just £199p/a +vat payable each January. You’ll be rebated for any months you’ve already paid for, as highlighted below........

The new platforms awful, prices still seem crazy, really want to sack them off, if just a few more of the larger dealer groups head over to Full Auction it won't be worth staying on there anyway!!

my thoughts exactly

It’s totally ruined 

I’ve been a frequent user for years, now looking for alternative sources 2020

So is the new dealer auction £99 per month or £199 per year? I could swallow the yearly fee, but i wouldn't be willing to pay £99 per month for it

Still havent been able to get on, but hearing its awful, seen a few dealers are now using other platforms, maybe worth sitting it out a bit longer and seeing what happens

1 hour ago, CJ Underhill said:

So is the new dealer auction £99 per month or £199 per year? I could swallow the yearly fee, but i wouldn't be willing to pay £99 per month for it

Still havent been able to get on, but hearing its awful, seen a few dealers are now using other platforms, maybe worth sitting it out a bit longer and seeing what happens

Legacy customers (if you are/were on the old DA when it changed to Autoraper) it’s going up to £199 a year from January. 

New customers pay that a month is how it was explained to me. 

Lots more cars than usual on Full Auction, so maybe the rumours of defection are correct. 

Edited by NOACROSS
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SC Derby said:

It’s totally ruined 

I’ve been a frequent user for years, now looking for alternative sources 2020

Sorry to here that mate. It's help feather your nest so better to have loved and lost etc.

I agree though, did really well off it for a long time and the ups more than  out weighed the downs, but I've given it a fair go these last few weeks and I agree, it's ruined. Which makes you wonder, have they ruined it deliberately? ****s.

14 hours ago, sparky said:

Sorry to here that mate. It's help feather your nest so better to have loved and lost etc.

I agree though, did really well off it for a long time and the ups more than  out weighed the downs, but I've given it a fair go these last few weeks and I agree, it's ruined. Which makes you wonder, have they ruined it deliberately? ****s.

Something doesn't add up.

I am going to try Aston Barclay, remember to look at Auction 4 Cars and also the Facebook T2T group and maybe make a push to buy private.

In fact anything I buy private generally sells in 2 weeks, so that's the true way to go I think and prep costs are always minimal.

2 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Something doesn't add up.

I am going to try Aston Barclay, remember to look at Auction 4 Cars and also the Facebook T2T group and maybe make a push to buy private.

In fact anything I buy private generally sells in 2 weeks, so that's the true way to go I think and prep costs are always minimal.

I've never been able to buy private - they're always knackered or too expensive :wacko:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

I've never been able to buy private - they're always knackered or too expensive :wacko:

On the few occassions that I have bought out of the paper (either trader or private), I have done well but........ It takes so long.

Last Sunday, round trip to Bucks to collect one car - trip took about 6 hours there and back.

On Wednesday this week - 1 hour bidding and 5 cars won. 4 seem ok, one is a bit of a dog but I haven'y done anything with them yet as they arrived at 5.15pm last night.

Edited by Mark101

22 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

at least you can walk away though.

The best ones are people who bring them here and say are you interested in this. I've had a few families I've had 4/5/6 cars from now and all sold well.

13 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

On the few occassions that I have bought out of the paper (either trader or private), I have done well but........ It takes so long.

Last Sunday, round trip to Bucks to collect one car - trip took about 6 hours there and back

6 hours would be a short day for me down here in Cornwall!

Its a 12 hour round trip to the Midlands  :wacko::wacko: