Daniel DGA

Mid data base law

Bit of advice please people .... I have just been stopped by the police for driving one of my stock cars as I had very stupidly in a hurry left my trade plates in the office. The officer said the car wasn’t insured, I explained it is but the trade plates had been left behind and the car is not on the mid. I put the car on the mid there and then but he still told me he would be prosecuting me for no insurance? Is this the law and can this be done? Thanks for your help and advice. 

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago, I'm afraid if you didn't have it on the MID and depending on how much of jobsworth the officer is you might be looking at 6 points, sorry!

Technically you have up to 14 days to add a vehicle to the MID. Best to get some legal advice and If you can prove you have had the car for less than 14 days then it’s definitely worth taking it to court. 

Always add your cars to your MID despite what many on here preach. There’s no reason not to, even if the offence was 15 months ago...:lol:

Edited by BHM

On 2/10/2021 at 6:21 AM, BHM said:

Always add your cars to your MID despite what many on here preach. There’s no reason not to, even if the offence was 15 months ago...:lol:

This, V5 filed, MID filled in.