CRW

This DA migratation thing!

Sorry if I've missed something, but has anybody yet gone over to the new DA site? Have phoned them and they were due to send me details as i'm already a registered with them in their current format. So far nothing. Will phone again as this seems to be taking place over the weekend.

Suspect we will all be expected to pay this £99 per month fee soon. 

1 hour ago, CRW said:

Sorry if I've missed something, but has anybody yet gone over to the new DA site? Have phoned them and they were due to send me details as i'm already a registered with them in their current format. So far nothing. Will phone again as this seems to be taking place over the weekend.

Suspect we will all be expected to pay this £99 per month fee soon. 

Although I don’t use DA I’m still a member (but blocked from bidding) and I received the same email that also referred to another email but I’ve had nowt yet either.

As for your second paragraph anyone who thinks Autotrader & a Manheim company are going to honour the £99pa grandfather rights for long are kidding themselves. 

the second that fee comes into place i would be amazed how many people stay on there, i for one wont, 

could go one of two ways, cars on there become cheap as everyone has left or they carry on getting crazy money for most of the part junk.

Spoke to Dealer auction yesterday ,if your already on there it stays at £99 a year, although the way he was talking that is probably going  up slightly. If your not on there and want to join then its £99 a month... any thing Autotrader are involved in is going to have your pants down.

3 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

Spoke to Dealer auction yesterday ,if your already on there it stays at £99 a year, although the way he was talking that is probably going  up slightly. If your not on there and want to join then its £99 a month... any thing Autotrader are involved in is going to have your pants down.

33 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

+1 , New site is a dogs dinner too...

Have any of you looked at the new sight on portal? Seems over complicated to me.

Clearly not working properly. For example a Holdcroft car is listed as independent seller in Leicestershire ! Anyone who buys from Holdcroft will know they are franchise in Stoke

I have just received the email and got on.  Going to take a bit of getting used to, but all new things do.  

I agree, no way its going to be worth £99 per month for me personally.

If they aren't careful, they could kill their own cash cow.

I emailed them last week as hadn't received said new email with log in details.  They replied quite swiftly that they are getting round to it, and I should receive it in the next few days.  That was a week ago and still nothing.

Another omni-shambles.  

Agreed that the grandfather rights won't last.  AT are far too greedy to let further profit opportunity go.  No matter how deranged the thinking 

Right, spent a bit of time looking at it, first impressions are it is a bit of a shambles!  Feels like a retail site for private punters who love being bombarded with data. 

When you find a vehicle to look at, you cant currently open it, unless you put it in your watchlist. Guess that can be sorted.

As a dealer who has avoided any involvement with Autotrader in 15 years of trading, I now feel they finally got me!

DA email reply below to my question about not having log in details.  We’re not alone...

’...

I'm sorry you have not received your login instructions yet. It is very important that we get everyone logged in ready for Monday and you are not the only person waiting for access so do please bare with us whilst we sort this out for all of our customers. 

In the meantime can you please have a look in your junk and spam folders to make sure the email hasn't been missed. The email should have been sent with the subject line of "Auto Trader Portal Registration" hopefully this helps you locate it. 

Alternatively if you already have access to AutoTrader's Dealer Portal then login to your account and click 'Sourcing' at the top and then 'Advertise to Trade' this will take you into our new system. If the option is not showing or you don't have access to AutoTrader's portal then please reply to this email so I can chase the migration team for an update.

Kind regards,

DA email reply below to my question about not having log in details.  We’re not alone...I barely buy a thing on there anymore, so not overly concerned  Certainly won’t ever be paying £99 a month for it ....

’...

I'm sorry you have not received your login instructions yet. It is very important that we get everyone logged in ready for Monday and you are not the only person waiting for access so do please bare with us whilst we sort this out for all of our customers. 

In the meantime can you please have a look in your junk and spam folders to make sure the email hasn't been missed. The email should have been sent with the subject line of "Auto Trader Portal Registration" hopefully this helps you locate it. 

Alternatively if you already have access to AutoTrader's Dealer Portal then login to your account and click 'Sourcing' at the top and then 'Advertise to Trade' this will take you into our new system. If the option is not showing or you don't have access to AutoTrader's portal then please reply to this email so I can chase the migration team for an update.

Kind regards,

I think you will find as soon as they have enough new accounts paying £99 per month they will put the screws on the £99 per year accounts as not to upset the decent prices the dealers have become to expect

Just checked and dealer auction listings are just over 500, normally treble that amount...... Maybe they'll be putting most stuff on the new site and make people want to join with the £99 fee per month payable? 

I'm banned too @BHM but only from various vendors and not from the whole site, this is through previously walking away from lots of misdescribed cars and telling the staff (shouting actually) at how if they did the job properly I wouldn't have wasted 2 train journeys to and from them. Haven't bought off there in ages so likely to be unaffected by this. 

30 minutes ago, tradex said:

I thought myself that the stock level was real low too, put it down to not a lot of new sales though. 

I’ve been to four different auction houses this weeks. What connected them all was empty yards & the trade buying up almost anything. This week I’ve seen bidders paying into book for bottom to mid range Focuses with knackered engines.

• Like 1

I had a quick look through portal and it looked like Danniella Westbrook's face after a night on  crack so left it there.

What are you getting off this that you can't get through manhein or DA?

14 minutes ago, sparky said:

I had a quick look through portal and it looked like Danniella Westbrook's face after a night on  crack so left it there.

What are you getting off this that you can't get through manhein or DA?

:-D

You can’t look at the old DA as it won’t exist from tomorrow I believe ...

I see this morning that we can only look at auctions ending today and no further.

Still no new log in details received despite many assurances. Maybe that’s the tactics : to not send out new login details to non Autoraper customers and /or to wait until prompted a few times by any legacy customers..who knows. 

It’s no great loss, but we do buy the odd few off there, although that has been declining steadily for a while. 

Just out of interest, does anyone know if the vendors been offered a ‘new deal’ too?

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I’ve been to four different auction houses this weeks. What connected them all was empty yards & the trade buying up almost anything. This week I’ve seen bidders paying into book for bottom to mid range Focuses with knackered engines.

This

i can’t believe that the big auction houses aren’t chasing the DA vendors. Especially with stock levels at some big auction sites so low (bit scared even though it’s xmas but...) It would be naive to think BCA/Manheim don’t see DA as potential?

5 minutes ago, metcars said:

It would be naive to think BCA/Manheim don’t see DA as potential?

Perhaps Manheim aren’t allowed to actively chase DA vendors?

A local vendor with a few local franchises must of heard all of the good news about DA & suddenly cut-off all direct sales to the trade a year or so ago. Within a short period of time they were pig sick because a percentage of their cars were knocked back (due to their shite descriptions but these main dealer thickheads don’t have the sense to realise) and automatically banned any buyer who didn’t complete the sale. After a month or so, and about 10 banned bidders, they started sending cars to the nearest Manheim & I believe they barely sell on DA nowadays. 

• Like 1

I've asked for my £99 annual fee back from DA as they have only just taken it and them POW its gone!

Crazy really as they must of known this was happen but still took my £99+vat.....

Edited by DJC CARS
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, DJC CARS said:

I've asked for my £99 annual fee back from DA as they have only just taken it and them POW its gone!

Crazy really as they must of known this was happen but still took my £99+vat.....

It was supposed to be that ‘legacy’ customers would get migrated to the new DA/Autoraper site without being made to pay the £199 a month that new people would be charged. 
so...you SHOULD have received an email from AT DA giving you access to the new system. Hence that’s why they took your money. 

I’m still waiting for said email. My renewal with DA has always been January, so, haven’t been charged yet. 

4 minutes ago, tradex said:

I have migrated but system is asking for card details for World Pay.....but they already have that....think I'll wait till tomorrow and have a word with DA/AT about this.....so I can't access DA (a blessing) or get into my AT portal and have 3 ready to load, can't see any leads and have two to delete, coukd it get any worse:rolleyes:

Ohh, I heard a rumour at the block that legacy customers will only get the first month free.....sounds like typical AT:rolleyes:

Yeah, it’s AT’s baby now and remember, it’s not DA.com anymore, but a new DA.co.uk so AT will need card details to be able to charge you for purchases. 

Ha. Indeed. One month free rumours are not a surprise. Whatever they can do to rape further will be done. 

Shame. I liked DA (as in the staff). You got to know which dealers to avoid of course, but I always found the team there helpful and pretty efficient. 

On a similar note, anyone thinking of / or using sytner be careful, anything decent is now going straight to their carshop outlets, beware of nice mileage stuff that looks good - it's probably failed a workshop pre-inspection badly.

• Like 1

its also appeared at Manheim, stuff that would make a fortune so obviously goosed

As a franchised dealer who has sold hundreds of cars this year alone I think the new system is rubbish, it seems like a deliberate attempt to destroy a perfectly good working system.

Its hard and time consuming to put cars on, even the easiest car took me an hour yesterday where on the old system it would be ten minutes, please bring back the old system or lots of dealers will be looking elsewhere, i have heard of some who already are.

42 minutes ago, Turbokev said:

it seems like a deliberate attempt to destroy a perfectly good working system.

Maybe that's exactly what it is.  Wasn't there a case a few years back of one of the auction groups buying another online platform purposely to destroy it? I guess AT might think along the same lines.