Catalyst Auto

Notice of Intended Prosecution

Hi All

Need a bit of advice regarding a notice of intended prosecution.

I received this on 24/11 regarding a speeding camera fine on 28/10, however this vehicle was sold into trade on 23/9.  I have explained the issue to the police force in question and I have been asked to produce a letter  from DVLA stating I am no longer the registered keeper of the vehicle from 23/9, however I do not have this just the receipt from the trader in question.  I am aware that the vehicle has been sold on but the V% has not been updated and it is still in my name.  A quick check on the vehicle also shows there is no tax and has not been since I sold the vehicle.

Anyone provide advice as I could do without getting 6 points and £1000 fine when I currently have a clean licence.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Just state the name and address who you sold it too.

Done this, but have had a conversation with the police force in which they told me as I am still the registered keeper I am responsible for naming the driver

8 minutes ago, Catalyst Auto said:

Done this, but have had a conversation with the police force in which they told me as I am still the registered keeper I am responsible for naming the driver

Give them the name of who you sold it too. Just pass the buck on

If you sold it to say AJ Motors of Blah, that's all you can do. Send a copy of the sales receipt.

7 minutes ago, Catalyst Auto said:

Welcome to the forum 

I would seek legal advice but in my view a copy of the receipt should prove you sold the vehicle and pass on there name and address as above  

also in future if you sell a vehicle into the trade write a letter to the dvla saying you sold the car to another trader providing the name and address    

You say the car is still registered in your name, are you a consumer or trader? Either way I presume you filled in the yellow "transfer to a motor trader" section of the v5c? If you filled this in as you should have and took a copy of it and YOU sent it off in September then you shouldn't have any problem, you've told the DVLA that you no longer own the car. You should have received confirmation they received it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pmpants said:

You say the car is still registered in your name, are you a consumer or trader? Either way I presume you filled in the yellow "transfer to a motor trader" section of the v5c? If you filled this in as you should have and took a copy of it and YOU sent it off in September then you shouldn't have any problem, you've told the DVLA that you no longer own the car. You should have received confirmation they received it.

Car is registered to me as consumer, however I am a trader albeit new, yes v5c yellow slip was sent off but had no conformation from DVLA.  Will be chasing them in the morning 

As above, just nominate the company you sold it to as driver, they will then get a notice and need to nominate their driver.  

We get them all the time and never have a problem.