NOACROSS

WhatsApp Business - am I missing something.

So, as many regulars will know, I REALLY hate punters that text, rather than call or email.  I'm happy to agree I'm a dinosaur before we start that 'customers that text debate'.  It annoys me so much, that whenever I've received a text, I will simply call the number from the work landline (or voip).

I've ended up asking for the (work) mobile number to be removed from the website etc and the work mobile is off and on permanent divert to the landline number. 

Weirdly, I don't mind an email, or if they must, a Bookface message.  I think it's because it comes through on the laptop or computer, rather than my phone.

(as an aside: My number one pet hate is people Whatsapping me, especially people I know, who have an iPhone and know full well that I also do!  One of my salesman will even text me an iMessage and then separately WhatsApp me a picture at the same time- WHEN HE'S GOT AN IPHONE AND HE'S AT WORK, CONNECTED TO THE WIFI!)

Anyway, that's better, rant over and on with my question:

I've had quite a few punters call up and then later ask to WhatsApp us some pictures or request the same WA to them. I have politely declined as I don't want them then to decide to converse only by text or WhatsAp- so instead have kept to email for videos.

I'm vaguely aware of WhatsAp for business, but don't understand it.

Can I set up a separate Whats Ap account to my (hated) private one and have it enabled on the Mac and PCs/ work mobile?  

I don't under any circumstances want my mobile number on show or if possible, even the work WhatsApp mobile number displayed.

Should I get back in my ancient cave or is it possible?  I see a few like @umesh have it enabled on their website.  How does that work/where do the incoming messages display?

its the sign of the times sadly its the way a lot of people communicate, we have a pay as you go sim phone which we send such items out so we dont have to give our personal phone number out.

Whatsapp is massive cant see it going away anytime soon, to be fair we use it a lot in work and works really well for group messages.

Hey NOA,

I use it on my website, and it routes through to my (one and only) mobile. It's great, customers have enquiried via whatsapp as their first contact and left a deposit after I've given bank details, probably happened on more than a few occasions from memory, I think we should cater for however they want to converse, annoying I know, but sign of the times.

I would get a new work mobile number and use whatsapp for your website that way if you really want that separation.

and yes, you can use whatsapp on your computer and chat just like an email, it's called whatsapp web and its brilliant.

Call me if you want to run anything else past me.

Edited by justlooking

Just now, justlooking said:

Hey NOA,

I use it on my website, and it routes through to my (one and only) mobile. It's great, customers have enquiried via whatsapp as their first contact and left a deposit after I've given bank details, probably happened on more than a few occasions from memory, I think we should cater for however they want to converse, annoying I know, but sign of the times.

I would get a new work mobile number and use whatsapp for your website that way if you really want that separation.

Cheers,

Yes, you’re right for sure- still hate it though ;o)

So, does it then show the mobile number mate? What about having the Ap? on a desktop? Does that need a mobile number to work/install? 

Troubke is, I’ll end up carrying two mobiles around like a drug dealer. 

can you call me about it? this is too-impersonal for my liking mate(s) :lol:

yes it will show the mobile number unfortunately - time to start looking like a chatsworth druggy :ph34r:

basically whatsapp web is just a carbon copy of whatsapp that you have on your phone.

to access it, type whatsapp web into google, then open whatsapp on your phone, go to settings, then, whatsapp web/desktop, then scan QR code, point it at the QR code on the whatsapp web website, and the laptop website then just mirrors what you see on your phone, it just makes typing and image video sharing so much quicker and easier than squinting and tapping your phone

Edited by justlooking

Goat. 

Fair point, we’ll made mate (s)

can I call you later? What time do you have your tea? I’ll ring then. Or I can wait until you’re driving ;0)

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Cheers,

Yes, you’re right for sure- still hate it though ;o)

So, does it then show the mobile number mate? What about having the Ap? on a desktop? Does that need a mobile number to work/install? 

Troubke is, I’ll end up carrying two mobiles around like a drug dealer. 

Can you give your salesman the facebook messenger  lead management/ whatsapp out of hours responsibility and let them earn a bit more if they convert from it save you dealing with it?

39 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Can you give your salesman the facebook messenger  lead management/ whatsapp out of hours responsibility and let them earn a bit more if they convert from it save you dealing with it?

He’s 70 (the one who would have to have this responsibility) and doesn’t even know how to use his old style push button mobile if he’s honest. Especially not a ‘stupid glass phone’ as he calls them. 

I’ll just have to take another one for the team. I’ll just answer on the Mac/pc though if that’s a possibility. 

46 minutes ago, justlooking said:

Lee’s just told me I’ve got a nakerd box on a MX5 so off to Trents. Any time x

My mate Scrappy Phil might have one

Edited by NOACROSS

4 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

So, as many regulars will know, I REALLY hate punters that text, rather than call or email.  I'm happy to agree I'm a dinosaur before we start that 'customers that text debate'.  It annoys me so much, that whenever I've received a text, I will simply call the number from the work landline (or voip).

I've ended up asking for the (work) mobile number to be removed from the website etc and the work mobile is off and on permanent divert to the landline number. 

Weirdly, I don't mind an email, or if they must, a Bookface message.  I think it's because it comes through on the laptop or computer, rather than my phone.

(as an aside: My number one pet hate is people Whatsapping me, especially people I know, who have an iPhone and know full well that I also do!  One of my salesman will even text me an iMessage and then separately WhatsApp me a picture at the same time- WHEN HE'S GOT AN IPHONE AND HE'S AT WORK, CONNECTED TO THE WIFI!)

Anyway, that's better, rant over and on with my question:

I've had quite a few punters call up and then later ask to WhatsApp us some pictures or request the same WA to them. I have politely declined as I don't want them then to decide to converse only by text or WhatsAp- so instead have kept to email for videos.

I'm vaguely aware of WhatsAp for business, but don't understand it.

Can I set up a separate Whats Ap account to my (hated) private one and have it enabled on the Mac and PCs/ work mobile?  

I don't under any circumstances want my mobile number on show or if possible, even the work WhatsApp mobile number displayed.

Should I get back in my ancient cave or is it possible?  I see a few like @umesh have it enabled on their website.  How does that work/where do the incoming messages display?

We are brothers from different counties.... exactly the same for me.

Best thing I have done in this business (apart from taking a holiday) was to get a new completely seperate mobile number/contract for the business. This is where all VOIP calls are routed too. When work finishes (or I decide), phone goes off and I can relax knowing when my own mobile rings, it isn't a screamer. BTW, for those of you who have my number, that is my personal one, so I am not blocking "forum fweinds" just the midnight dreamers and screamers.

I don't see WhatsApp on @umesh website. Cracking site though, lovely set up too by the looks of it.

Edited by Mark101
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, justina3 said:

its the sign of the times sadly its the way a lot of people communicate, we have a pay as you go sim phone which we send such items out so we dont have to give our personal phone number out.

Whatsapp is massive cant see it going away anytime soon, to be fair we use it a lot in work and works really well for group messages.

We do similar, have an office “burner” phone for WhatsApp etc.

One of the guys was recently surprised when he opened a message to another salesman from a Tinder conquest.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mark101 said:

We are brothers from different counties.... exactly the same for me.

Best thing I have done in this business (apart from taking a holiday) was to get a new completely seperate mobile number/contract for the business. This is where all VOIP calls are routed too. When work finishes (or I decide), phone goes off and I can relax knowing when my own mobile rings, it isn't a screamer. BTW, for those of you who have my number, that is my personal one, so I am not blocking "forum fweinds" just the midnight dreamers and screamers.

I don't see WhatsApp on @umesh website. Cracking site though, lovely set up too by the looks of it.

I have whatsApp had it about 4 months, within two days sold a car direcly off it a guy sitting at the airport in Italy on route back to Manchester airport, 4/5 quick messages, flew into manchester drove to me and bought the car! ( Would have driven it away but wasn't able to do the transfer and came back on the monday ) which he said he didn't really mind. 

Had various other conversations and appointments made and sold off it. It's just another way for them to communicate and much better than live chat, which I also have. #everylittlehelps 

@noacross display on the mobile phone , quick eand easy to respond IMO. 

6 minutes ago, umesh said:

I have whatsApp had it about 4 months, within two days sold a car direcly off it a guy sitting at the airport in Italy on route back to Manchester airport, 4/5 quick messages, flew into manchester drove to me and bought the car! ( Would have driven it away but wasn't able to do the transfer and came back on the monday ) which he said he didn't really mind. 

Had various other conversations and appointments made and sold off it. It's just another way for them to communicate and much better than live chat, which I also have. #everylittlehelps 

@noacross display on the mobile phone , quick eand easy to respond IMO. 

Thanks Umesh,  - everyone.  I'm doing it.   Soon as I can build up the enthusiasm.

4 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Whats Ap on the website went live this morning.  Does this make me modern? ;0)

Very modern funnily enough i only set up a personal one not long go for a couple friends to send holiday snaps don't mind it for business but deleted Twitter and facebook personal pages . As I'm not the type of person who likes to say we are out break into to our house . Or what I'm having for dinner 

23 minutes ago, Casper said:

Very modern funnily enough i only set up a personal one not long go for a couple friends to send holiday snaps don't mind it for business but deleted Twitter and facebook personal pages . As I'm not the type of person who likes to say we are out break into to our house . Or what I'm having for dinner 

Ha. Yes. I only have Bookface for work. Apparently we should be on Instagram too now so I’m told! Can’t cope with that much change /really have no idea what it is. 

Anybody using it with success?

We don't have much success with facebook or whatsapp, infact it just seems to be rude people who message us with no intention of buying.

Example today we have a nice cheap ml350, message says whats mine worth.....  no problem any chance you could bring it in for us too see it  ?

answer, no I cant im 200 miles away, ok well I can give you a rough value subject to agreeing a deal and viewing yours when you come to collect the car ?

answer, I wouldn't travel 200 miles to collect so you will need to deliver it, thank you for your enquiry mr customers but that wont work for us. all vehicles need to be collected on site,

Answer. well no deal then, whats mine worth then.... does it matter lol