Grantlfc81

Virtualyard.co.uk DMS

Looks interesting, I’ve just signed up for a trial and giving it a quick browse. 

any feed back from anyone? 

It looks slick but I doubt it is any better than CD5 website and my VT/Sage set up?

I’ve been playing around with it.... it already seems difficult to use.... it looks nice but that’s about it.

I’ll stick with dragon 2000 for now

31 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I’ve been playing around with it.... it already seems difficult to use.... it looks nice but that’s about it.

I’ll stick with dragon 2000 for now

With Dragon 2000 - can you invoice workshop repairs and car sales?

VT is great (for vehicle sales, margin, MTD etc) but on the rare occassion we do a service job, I have to manually create an invoice.

9 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

VT is great

Mark, I was thinking of setting up with Autosales / Sage but they've been too slow to respond. Are you happy with VT / Sage? What other limitations do you see other than the servicing invoices?

16 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Mark, I was thinking of setting up with Autosales / Sage but they've been too slow to respond. Are you happy with VT / Sage? What other limitations do you see other than the servicing invoices?

There are no other real limitations. Being picky, it isn't very flash looking - my own created invoices looked much nicer but as regards to knowing your anticipated margin, SIV, VAT margin (and of course MTD) it is excellent. Both packages about £500 per year.

I will do my VAT return on Monday and it is as simple as one click.

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

You mean Autosales and VT?

No I mean VT (1 package) Sage (2nd Package, supplied by VT as they do programming for Sage they can offer discounted packages). The two equal £500.

You can take VT as a standalone but then it can't do MTD.

Edited by Mark101

Dragon does everything as far as I’m aware but we do not use that side of it.

the only disappoint thing with dragon is it wipes all the standard spec off of auto trader which is a complete pain in the arse!

Hello Everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Pete, and I look after customer service for Virtual Yard here in the UK. 

We are an Australian DMS and have only recently expanded to the UK, so although we do have a lot (20 years) of experience with cars/sales/software and advertising, we are fairly new to used car dealer requirements in the UK. 

To Mark and Grant, thanks for the compliments on our look, but we would like to be more than just looking slick. Would be great to also be slick functionally. We have been working with a few dealers in the UK over the last few months and have learnt and implemented loads thanks to their help. But, there is always room for improvement. 

I'd be grateful to anyone here if they shared any feedback, what they like, what they don't like, what's tricky to use and what they need that is missing etc and in turn i'd use that info to develop our offering here in the UK with an aim to be a DMS that you guys want to use. 

We are free for anyone with up to a 100k worth of stock, and we intend to keep it that way. On top of that, we do Facebook Marketplace ads for free for as long as Facebook let us. We also have a new app coming out in 2020 which aims to be the best in market.

Lastly, we make pretty decent automated websites.  www.dealershipwebsite.co.uk

For any more info please visit www.virtualyard.co.uk or give me a shout on here or on pg@virtualyard.com

----Shameless self advertising over----

Edited by Pete - Virtual Yard UK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, tradex said:

Not sure I'm too happy with this TnC:o

We may assess a late charge if you do not pay on time regardless of any disputes you may have raised about your bill. You must pay these late charges when we bill you for them. The late charge will be the lesser of 1% of the unpaid amount each month or the maximum rate that is permitted by law. We may use a third party to collect past due amounts. You must pay for all reasonable costs we incur to collect any overdue amounts. These costs may include legal fees and costs. We may suspend or cancel your service if you do not pay in full and on time.

Thanks for this Tradex, I see your point.

This does not apply to the UK market. It will be removed shortly. In fact we do not charge any late fees anywhere anymore. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

Pete

17 minutes ago, Pete - Virtual Yard UK said:

Thanks for this Tradex, I see your point.

This does not apply to the UK market. It will be removed shortly. In fact we do not charge any late fees anywhere anymore. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

Pete

Being an Aussie you should be used to swimming with sharks..... Making statements like that to the UK motor trade is asking for problems! :lol:

• Like 1

Is anybody using this system on here?

Would be interesting to hear anymore recent feedback and also if anybody went with their website option.

8 hours ago, Martin F said:

Is anybody using this system on here?

Would be interesting to hear anymore recent feedback and also if anybody went with their website option.

I am currently just using it, only started using it this last week so to early to offer any constructive comments just yet but it seems ok so far, may be able to comment more after a few weeks.

We use separate packages found dragon aimed at multisite dealers MTA works for us an account package and blue sky as website feed cheap to what been quoted elsewhere 

15 hours ago, Row said:

I am currently just using it, only started using it this last week so to early to offer any constructive comments just yet but it seems ok so far, may be able to comment more after a few weeks.

Be interested to see your feedback. Are you just using the DMS part and have an existing website?

Thanks Ratt, looking to have a website built soon so all feedback is appreciated 

7 hours ago, Martin F said:

Be interested to see your feedback. Are you just using the DMS part and have an existing website?

Thanks Ratt, looking to have a website built soon so all feedback is appreciated 

Yes Martin just using DMS as I do have an existing website.