TangoVictor32

Anyone with a second job / hobby

8 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

BMW by any chance for the alloys Mark?  What track car have you got?

It was Vauxhall this time, it just varies on what run the guy is on, last time it was Kia, usually always diamond cut wheels with a few small blisters. It’s a good earner when I can get them.

Ive got a wee Clio 182, stripped out with poly carbonate windows, roll cage etc, I can’t see past them tbh, used to use turbo stuff but got fed up of problems, Clio is one is the most reliable cars I’ve used which you wouldn’t expect. 

On 9/29/2019 at 11:36 PM, Casper said:

Not a hobby as such but help keep an eye on my elderly dad and help look after him as hoping to keep him at home care for as long as possible though at the moment he's not to bad just been given an hand me down games console so go back to my youth until the novelty wears off also a bit of eating out a bit of diy and car valeting 

My old dad is still at home, but he's been struggling recently. My mum is in a care home with dementia, she's 'end stage' now and not eating.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

It was Vauxhall this time, it just varies on what run the guy is on, last time it was Kia, usually always diamond cut wheels with a few small blisters. It’s a good earner when I can get them.

Ive got a wee Clio 182, stripped out with poly carbonate windows, roll cage etc, I can’t see past them tbh, used to use turbo stuff but got fed up of problems, Clio is one is the most reliable cars I’ve used which you wouldn’t expect. 

Our Local BMW garage has loads of diamond cut wheels there under warranty. 

Clio track car sounds good, I need to get something to start using myself.

Hobbies other than going running 5 or 6 nights a week I just work. 

28 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Our Local BMW garage has loads of diamond cut wheels there under warranty. 

Clio track car sounds good, I need to get something to start using myself.

Hobbies other than going running 5 or 6 nights a week I just work. 

Not sure if it’s dealer policy or not but the wheels are meant to get weighed in and scrapped, seems a waste to me when they can be recut or even coated.

The Bmw ones would be good to get as you could then buy the non m sport BMW’s stick the m sport diamond cuts on and you suddenly have an appealing car.

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Great Track cars the 182 weigh nothing very good power delivery we ran one on semi slicks and budget suspension for a while great fun and not much in the same price range would keep up :):):)  

21 minutes ago, tradex said:

The 172 Cups are only going one way now.....after I sold mine:lol:

I sold a 182 cup to a pair of t**ts the other month was a gorgeous car but had seen the track hard at somepoint otherwise i would of kept it.

2 hours ago, metcars said:

My old dad is still at home, but he's been struggling recently. My mum is in a care home with dementia, she's 'end stage' now and not eating.

My auld mum is still fairly fit and healthy apart from general old age aches and pain dad however has various Heath conditions . Copd heart trouble arthritis and sort of middle of the road forgetfullness possibly dementia waiting on test results at the minute 

Edited by Casper

48 minutes ago, Casper said:

My auld mum is still fairly fit and healthy apart from general old age aches and pain dad however has various Heath conditions . Copd heart trouble arthritis and sort of middle of the road forgetfullness possibly dementia waiting on test results at the minute 

Opposite for me, my dad is basically ok, he's had a hip and a knee replaced, but still functions. My mum on the other hand had a stroke in her 70s and didn't develop dementia until about 8yrs ago. She has some 'cancer' issues but they are relatively small fry compared to the effects of Dementia. Which is now at the 'end stage'. My mum was a super intelligent lady, never smoked or drank and was fit and healthy all her life and this is her reward. More people are being diagnosed with dementia because people are living longer and are not dying early from smoking/drink relatved diseases? Getting fit in the hope that you'll have a longer life might not always work out, you could end up trapped in a healthy body with a sick mind. Bit worrying really. I might start smoking again!:lol:

1 hour ago, metcars said:

Opposite for me, my dad is basically ok, he's had a hip and a knee replaced, but still functions. My mum on the other hand had a stroke in her 70s and didn't develop dementia until about 8yrs ago. She has some 'cancer' issues but they are relatively small fry compared to the effects of Dementia. Which is now at the 'end stage'. My mum was a super intelligent lady, never smoked or drank and was fit and healthy all her life and this is her reward. More people are being diagnosed with dementia because people are living longer and are not dying early from smoking/drink relatved diseases? Getting fit in the hope that you'll have a longer life might not always work out, you could end up trapped in a healthy body with a sick mind. Bit worrying really. I might start smoking again!:lol:

Strange thing is dad never drank and gave up smoking about 20 years 

Also a friends mum has dementia and never smoke or drank . 

5 hours ago, tradex said:

The 172 Cups are only going one way now.....after I sold mine:lol:

Glad I've still got mine... ;)