TangoVictor32

Anyone with a second job / hobby

Another one of my boring topics...

I know some of you trade part time. Was wondering if anyone has other jobs or job like hobby?

Am in to house renovations and spend about 60% of the week on that.

Love doing DIY and its easier working on a house with lots of space than fixing something under the bonnet and cutting your hands :lol:

• Haha 1

My day job is head of engineering for a large transport provider. I trade part time, it’s what I want to do full time, but need to build it up first. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

Does drinking yourself to sleep count as a hobby? :lol:

Yes as well as a lifestyle 

• Haha 1

Not a hobby as such but help keep an eye on my elderly dad and help look after him as hoping to keep him at home care for as long as possible though at the moment he's not to bad just been given an hand me down games console so go back to my youth until the novelty wears off also a bit of eating out a bit of diy and car valeting 

don't drink. Or smoke but do put the odd lottery bet on various lottery or a line or coupon at the bookmakers and bet the odd donkey oops meant horse 

i also enjoy business books etc autobiography's etc for a read  i also studied the law of attraction and manifestation not saying how well it works but read the book the secret and found a story about a guy who crashed and aeroplane and made a recovery after been told he would never work fascinating  .

forget to mention i also enjoy reiki for relaxation 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Casper said:

forget to mention i also enjoy reiki for relaxation 

Now that takes me back to my youth.... I used to love going down to the local reiki and playing football... jumpers for goal posts n all that :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

I was going to say crying myself to sleep haha. You beat me to it.

9 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

If it does, then I am a very enthusiastic hobbiest :lol:

46 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Now that takes me back to my youth.... I used to love going down to the local reiki and playing football... jumpers for goal posts n all that :lol:

Love it....

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

jumpers for goal posts n all that :lol:

That takes me back actually down the local park with jumpers for goal posts I remember we dismantled my brothers chopper bike and tried to put it back together .. it never happened 

Edited by Casper

2 hours ago, tradegirl said:

I was going to say crying myself to sleep haha. You beat me to it.

See i was going to include crying but was worried it'd damage my manly ego too much :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

If it does, then I am a very enthusiastic hobbiest :lol:

I think it's a very car dealer based hobby :D 

1 hour ago, Jack Regan said:

Fooking off out on my motorbike .

Same here. Yamaha MT 09 on a Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Same here. Yamaha MT 09 on a Sunday. 

Just put a dipper down on a GSX S 1000 picking it up Saturday , hope the weathers kind for us Sunday .

39 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

Just put a dipper down on a GSX S 1000 picking it up Saturday , hope the weathers kind for us Sunday .

My last proper bike was a GSXR1000, before that an R1 - now I have got a Vespa 125.

I am not a very good rider to be honest, so didn't get the best out biking - plus I looked like Shamu when I put my leathers on.

Edited by Mark101

5 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

See i was going to include crying but was worried it'd damage my manly ego too much :ph34r:

Haha, come to the dark side and let it all out.

I spent 2 hours in the gym this morning. The only upside to the rain and having no covered unit to work in.

Doesn't look like the rain is going to stop any time soon, either.

Edited by tradegirl

2 hours ago, tradegirl said:

I spent 2 hours in the gym this morning. The only upside to the rain and having no covered unit to work in.

Doesn't look like the rain is going to stop any time soon, either.

Move to scotland sun splitting the trees here its a lovely day for a change 

Edited by Casper

24 minutes ago, Casper said:

Move to scotland sun splitting the trees here its a lovely day for a change 

Casper its like  bloody monsoon season here , going to start selling boats soon , " now there's a thought :)

Sat was torrential all day , but we had the busiest day for a long time :o think they were bored and bought cars instead of anything else . 

Raining now and just sold two in the last hour , 

Buying them is fecking hard though ,:o

Might have to buy a few Water Skiing boats ,

Thought about selling  caravans for two milliseconds , but i don't think i could with all honesty talk to people about where the bloody bed is , how big the cooker is and can you get three people in a cold shower for a group cuddle :rolleyes:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Thought about selling  caravans for two milliseconds , but i don't think i could with all honesty talk to people about where the bloody bed is , how big the cooker is and can you get three people in a cold shower for a group cuddle :rolleyes:.

I toyed with the idea of selling caravans, having owned 3 for a year each and always sold much higher than bought (and no margin because they were mine and I wasn't in the trade).

But damp is your enemy, equivalent to DPF/EGR's etc and you're right - could you chat caravan talk all day.

• Like 1

I’m into anything that makes me money, stocks and shares buying anything I can make something off, last week it was a job lot of alloy wheels from a main dealers warranty section, 

Other than that it’s jet ski’s, track cars and the gym mainly:)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I’m into anything that makes me money, stocks and shares buying anything I can make something off, last week it was a job lot of alloy wheels from a main dealers warranty section, 

Other than that it’s jet ski’s, track cars and the gym mainly:)

BMW by any chance for the alloys Mark?  What track car have you got?