'Under selling'  How many of you are underselling  your stock ? Strange question you may think? I've come across this again a few minutes ago with a customer I've been trying to source a car for, this time it's an Audi dealer selling a Q5 , BIG group , and bizarre how they must price their cars, I guess it's down to individual sites etc,  however a quick look on their own website and prices all over the place.

This particular car , Just arrived in to stock ( unit stocking suggests 07-09-15) No pictures on the website as yet , website says 40,000 miles - Actual Mileage 46,000m - Full spec not shown but has few more than what's mentioned ... advertised at £22000 - Customer told can have it for £20850 !! Big discount for a new car into stock for whatever reason !

now the numbers

GG         £19850                  Retail     £22650

ATM      £19626                  Retail     £23550

CAP        £18500                  Retail     £21900

One owner , full dealer history car , will come with full 12 Months Audi warranty , Now is it me or are they under selling the car ? Good colour Daytona grey / Black leather !

IS this why everyone is trying to compete with these deals ? or saying its quiet when you have a car similar but marked up at I believe higher price   ? Has the dealer undervalued his own brand or do they know something we don't ?

Any thoughts ? 

• Like 1

maybe they have to sell some used stock due to the financial restraints of paying for all the pre reg that they may potentially have to register at the end of the month to hit target.

I don't know if this is the case with Q3's but A3's there seems to be alot of them coming into the used car market at the moment, The dealer may just be trying to 'get rid' of the car in question before the market floods?, I maybe completely wrong my answer is a bit of a stab in the dark.