chan

software stock maintainance

hi

can any one please advice which is the best software to maintain the stock as we maintain a hand written stock book and would like to go digital as it may make the work easy 

Thank you

7 minutes ago, chan said:

hi

can any one please advice which is the best software to maintain the stock as we maintain a hand written stock book and would like to go digital as it may make the work easy 

Thank you

I use a spreadsheet.

Simple easy to track.

• Like 1

As Ja says just a Microsoft spread sheet and get some ring binders and poly pockets and get a pocket for each cars mot certificate v5 etc and just write the reg on it with a sticker or one of those label printers ,

1 minute ago, Casper said:

As Ja says just a Microsoft spread sheet and get some ring binders and poly pockets and get a pocket for each cars mot certificate v5 etc and just write the reg on it with a sticker or one of those label printers ,

I dont even bother with the label printer .... That costs money :) Every car in its own polly pocket and V5 at the front. One binder for cars for sale one binder for ones prep and one binder for sold cars ( Should be the biggest one in theory)

• Like 1

Try VT (Vehicle Trader) it is very very good and integrates with Sage when you take both packages off them. Works out VAT margin at the touch of a button and submits digitally (therefore compliant).

Also shows SIV, Turnover, Forecasts etc - in fact, far more than I am capable of doing because I am a novice Sage user.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JA Trader said:

I dont even bother with the label printer .... That costs money :) Every car in its own polly pocket and V5 at the front. One binder for cars for sale one binder for ones prep and one binder for sold cars ( Should be the biggest one in theory)

I normally stick a sticker on and the polly pocket and write the reg on with a sharpie eyes are not what they used to be lol

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Try VT (Vehicle Trader) it is very very good and integrates with Sage when you take both packages off them. Works out VAT margin at the touch of a button and submits digitally (therefore compliant).

Also shows SIV, Turnover, Forecasts etc - in fact, far more than I am capable of doing because I am a novice Sage user.

I'll have a look at that myself Mark thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

+1 

Its great value for money and good support when needed.

5 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

How much out of curiosity?

It's all in the link Mark101 put up looks like the full package is about £420 a year .. 

Edited by Casper

26 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

How much out of curiosity?

About £400 ish for Sage and VT.

You pay about £10 for every 50 or 100 (can't remember which) VRM lookups as this his hosted by a third party (they sort that for you too).

Much better than copying VIN numbers to invoices and stock books.

Set your sales price and automatically allocate invoices to each vehicle, so you always know your SIV.

I got them to create a new report which takes the VAT margin into account. You can quickly see what changing the price on a car does for your nett margin.

Click Dealer DMS system  is connected to their web site set up , Invoices for cars and other invoices for repairs and that  " all numbered "  , Gabriel , VAT , Buying a car invoice , PX Records , The amount you spent on the stock cars and a list of profits after that spend , finance commissions on tap , all at the touch of the key board etc .

Great system . 

Oh and the web site as well of course . 

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 1

If you don’t mind me asking what sort of cost does that type of system run out at

I have just earlier on this week downloaded GA4 (Garage assistant 4) We use that system to manage our workshop but it also has a used car sales plug in. Will update in a few weeks to see how good or how bad it is. One off cost of £420 plus you pay for credits to do a vrm search. 

For workshop use it’s outstandingly useful as it tells us oil capacities, repair procedures and diagrams etc etc.