JA Trader

Smokers Cars

I dont know, but hope they have a forum we could fill with spam. 

Its a quiet day!

On 9/18/2019 at 11:28 AM, Rory RSC said:

If you have an autosmart rep they can lend you a fogger machine and buy a cartridge. Gets rid of most smokey smells.

Smokers cars tend to be becoming rarer thankfully.

I’ve just done this with a grotty Kuga. Shampooed/wet-vacuumed twice, then ran 2 x 2hr cartridges through on different days. Got them from my AutoSmart Guy, they’ve got a lovely medicinal/pharmaceutical type smell. Works well

I'll second Airvidox, we got a free sample from a rep and it sat in valet cupboard for about a year, I  used it in a BMW we took in PX that reeked of Marlbro about a fortnight ago, I did make the mistake of breathing some in, Jeez i nearly died, our whole unit smelt like a swimming pool, next day car smelt of chlorine, and no smoke smells at all, 2 weeks later still fresh as we had it back in off the customer for some work.

Reporting back on this.

Managed to sell the Audi but since brought Bob Marley's mini and it stunk.

O zone machine set for 2 hours left overnight and smells clinically clean

Edited by JA Trader

1 hour ago, JA Trader said:

Reporting back on this.

Managed to sell the Audi but since brought Bob Marley's mini and it stunk.

O zone machine set for 2 hours left overnight and smells clinically clean

It’ll need more than 2 hours if it properly stank - the smell will return. If it’s a proper stinker it’ll need 4-6 hours. Afterwards you need to get the doors open for a day to air out the interior otherwise that ozone chlorine-type smell seems to stick as much as the fag smoke.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BHM said:

It’ll need more than 2 hours if it properly stank - the smell will return. If it’s a proper stinker it’ll need 4-6 hours. Afterwards you need to get the doors open for a day to air out the interior otherwise that ozone chlorine-type smell seems to stick as much as the fag smoke.

Its been a few days since i have done it and it seems to of settled down to a normal smell now. I currently have it running on a fiesta so will see how that one works

On 12/12/2019 at 8:33 AM, JA Trader said:

Its been a few days since i have done it and it seems to of settled down to a normal smell now. I currently have it running on a fiesta so will see how that one works

How did you get on with this? 
I’m thinking of ordering one as I currently have a few cars that smell of smoke 

On 1/4/2020 at 10:33 PM, Del Boy said:

How did you get on with this? 
I’m thinking of ordering one as I currently have a few cars that smell of smoke 

No complaints used it on two cars.

Leaves a small amount of chemically clean smell but a traditional air freshener round the mirror and it has been great since.

One car went this weekend no complaints from the customer.

5 hours ago, JA Trader said:

No complaints used it on two cars.

Leaves a small amount of chemically clean smell but a traditional air freshener round the mirror and it has been great since.

One car went this weekend no complaints from the customer.

I'll agree with Airvidox. Used it on thursday, overnight so longer than the 8 hours the product recommends, still a slight chemical smell but certainly no other odours. Just make sure you dont have a test drive booked in it just after youve finished, the car will need a long airing to get rid of the chlorine smell!