Big Dom

Accidentally bought on BCA live auction

So that is your car that the OP has bought by mistake. Would you expect him to honour it? Would you be expect BCA to honour it? Of course you would. 

There are pros and cons of internet buying, if you can't deal with the cons then best not bother.

• Like 1

what a load of tripe, did the dog eat your homework? its almost impossible to do what you did

2 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

what a load of tripe, did the dog eat your homework? its almost impossible to do what you did

It really is impossible. 

On 9/12/2019 at 8:13 PM, Big Dom said:

Thanks all, it’s so frustrating. I use an Apple Mac & was only logging on to see what price a certain car was but when I entered the live auction the volume was on full, completely deafening, as I was trying to turn it down an on screen volume emblem came up which is what I clicked on to adjust the volume however this didn’t work so I continued with the buttons but the volume emblem was obviously over the bid button. I had no idea I’d placed a bid until I received the email

Repeatedly pressed the button by mistake? Of course. Buyers remorse more like. Pay up, if you dont, bca have every right to suspend your account. Theres a sign up in the auction I use to say they have a responsibility to the vendor as much as the buyer. The trade has a habit of remembering a car when it comes through for a second time and doesnt normally bid as high, so BCA aren't going to help you out on this.

My friend did this a few years ago, however due to him being a black card holder they didn't care. Double standards .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NacMan said:

My friend did this a few years ago, however due to him being a black card holder they didn't care. Double standards .

Yes my colleague did it once was with mainheim not bca though as i said earlier he just payed the money for it sold it and actually did ok out of it probably the best way as was his mistake 

they did phone once saying we had won the bid on a ford ka which had never been bid on as this was was there mistake they rightly sorted it ..

Edited by Casper

1 hour ago, NacMan said:

I received an invoice from Aston Barclay for a £3k motor

Whilst I have signed up for an online account I have never logged in let alone have a membership card with them and let alone bidding for a motor!

I get the weekly and daily emails. 

I sent them a message saying this and they accepted it. I was so waiting for them to come back and say you bidded in it!

Online system can be abused by the auctioneer too ie dump a banger on someone else and insist they bidded on it!

I've been a regular at BCA mainly paddock wood for years am a platinum account holder and buy 150 car's a year all lower end stuff under 2 grand retail. This morning I receive a email invoice for a car at Blackbushe for £13,500. So usual procedure get on the phone and I'm told it was my log in and the IP address is one of two using my account. I haven't been online this morning I never look at 13grand car's or UK select but BCA aren't interested. Two options pay in full or pay 1k so they can resubmit the car and I agreed to cover fees and the difference between my invoice and what it makes next auction. Long and short I have now had my account suspended by what appears to be a BCA live online problem. No one else has access to my account and I wasn't on the BCA app. Anyone else experience anything similar 

56 minutes ago, Ss100 said:

I've been a regular at BCA mainly paddock wood for years am a platinum account holder and buy 150 car's a year all lower end stuff under 2 grand retail. This morning I receive a email invoice for a car at Blackbushe for £13,500. So usual procedure get on the phone and I'm told it was my log in and the IP address is one of two using my account. I haven't been online this morning I never look at 13grand car's or UK select but BCA aren't interested. Two options pay in full or pay 1k so they can resubmit the car and I agreed to cover fees and the difference between my invoice and what it makes next auction. Long and short I have now had my account suspended by what appears to be a BCA live online problem. No one else has access to my account and I wasn't on the BCA app. Anyone else experience anything similar 

Ask for them to review the account log, IP and MAC address including active times.  They can tell you what computer it was.  You can also ask for a copy of the log.

Just out of interest what car is it?  IS it something you can move on quickly if priced right?  PM me the reg and mileage if you want

I am surprised there taking such a hard line with you considering how much business you give them, i have been the opposite end of the scale, today thought i bought two via the app but the bid was in the hall not on line.

1 hour ago, Ss100 said:

If you didn't buy it online and NO one else has your logon details , then you haven't bought it have you , They must of made a mistake . Cant go ranting on about re entry fees or buy it . 

you need to ring the Auction manager or better still go and see him if your close enough . 

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

If you didn't buy it online and NO one else has your logon details , then you haven't bought it have you , They must of made a mistake . Cant go ranting on about re entry fees or buy it . 

you need to ring the Auction manager or better still go and see him if your close enough . 

This.

also check its a new scam of some kind and is actually BCA.

Tenner on it being an error with a business with a nearly identical name. 

My ebay account was scammed  over the weekend so ebay locked me out,it would appear my email address was hacked,I'm not sure on which device so maybe the same happened to you? I had similar a few years ago with an auction house and I told them to check my history and they would see that I never buy from that auction house and I had never bought a ford from themin 10 years,I closed the account a year later

What more can you do other than what you are doing,hopefully you get it sorted

I broight a car recently i was bidding on but i am damn sure i was NOT the winning bid as i dropped out and watched it end, Few days later it in my purchased  section, Call them up and  they play the tapes back and i am the winning bidder, .......................few days latter its really getting to me i call the manager, He says he has watched the process and again states i am the winning bidder, I ask to hear the  tapes my self and i have GDPR well and trully stuffed up my nether regions, I dont know what to think but i am not the winning bidder but i ended up having it, Really poor car too

23 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I broight a car recently i was bidding on but i am damn sure i was NOT the winning bid as i dropped out and watched it end, Few days later it in my purchased  section, Call them up and  they play the tapes back and i am the winning bidder, .......................few days latter its really getting to me i call the manager, He says he has watched the process and again states i am the winning bidder, I ask to hear the  tapes my self and i have GDPR well and trully stuffed up my nether regions, I dont know what to think but i am not the winning bidder but i ended up having it, Really poor car too

Might be that the final bidder pulled out so there dobbing the car on you as you may have been the last bidder?

10 hours ago, NacMan said:

Might be that the final bidder pulled out so there dobbing the car on you as you may have been the last bidder?

....or could simply be he’s made a mistake. Surely we’ve all had it at some point where we think we were outbid but weren’t and/or bid on the wrong car and/or won a car then found it was down to someone else. It happens. 

You can see how auction houses are heading away from physical auctions? Apart from all the other advantages for them with online only, you can’t bid and run away!