tradegirl

Bissell Spot Clean Pro

Anyone ever used this? Lately I can't seem to get seats clean, even if they're not particularly dirty/  Never used a machine before, just pure elbow grease.

This isn't the cheapest at £129, plus the warranty is void if you don't use their product, but it's got good reviews.

2 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Anyone ever used this? Lately I can't seem to get seats clean, even if they're not particularly dirty/  Never used a machine before, just pure elbow grease.

This isn't the cheapest at £129, plus the warranty is void if you don't use their product, but it's got good reviews.

I have a bissel carpet cleaner for the house and steam cleaner by them it does a good job on car seats and really bad head linings 

Autoglym Upholstery Shampoo and my trusty VAX always seems to work for me.  Mixed up my bottles once and used Autoglym Vinyl Care and still turned out ok!

10 minutes ago, CRW said:

Autoglym Upholstery Shampoo and my trusty VAX always seems to work for me.  Mixed up my bottles once and used Autoglym Vinyl Care and still turned out ok!

Im actually going to get another vax . After you mentioned it before 

Edited by Casper

Just keep a few of the 99p ebay service filter kits in stock as swapping between normal hoover and wet vac clogs everything right up.

20 minutes ago, CRW said:

Just keep a few of the 99p ebay service filter kits in stock as swapping between normal hoover and wet vac clogs everything right up.

Thanks will do 

You don’t need anything fancy, we use brisk and g101 from Autosmart, a litre or so of brisk to a full bucket of hot water, apply to seats with a sponge, a spray of g101 if really dirty, then use a scrubbing brush and scrub the seats and then wipe with a clean micro fibre which will lift the majority of the dirt then finally finish by going over with a wet vac. 

Brisk from Auto Smart is a 98% fix we find .

We run it through a wet vac with hot water , 

BUT ;

Stubborn stains i spray Brisk on the seat nearly Neat then apply steam while rubbing with a Brush or use the steamers own brush if its part of the kit , we have a high pressure steamer , while its still boiling hot wet Vac it out , works a treat .

As Casper says steam on the head lining brings it up like new . 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

You don’t need anything fancy, we use brisk and g101 from Autosmart, a litre or so of brisk to a full bucket of hot water, apply to seats with a sponge, a spray of g101 if really dirty, then use a scrubbing brush and scrub the seats and then wipe with a clean micro fibre which will lift the majority of the dirt then finally finish by going over with a wet vac. 

37 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Brisk from Auto Smart is a 98% fix we find .

We run it through a wet vac with hot water , 

BUT ;

Stubborn stains i spray Brisk on the seat nearly Neat then apply steam while rubbing with a Brush or use the steamers own brush if its part of the kit , we have a high pressure steamer , while its still boiling hot wet Vac it out , works a treat .

As Casper says steam on the head lining brings it up like new . 

I will stand by what the lads say here. Brisk is fantastic for upholstery, use at a dilution of 10 parts to 1 through a machine or 4 to1 for pre-soak if absolutely minging. G101 for plastics at a dilution of 10 to 1. I buy the large 25 litres and use it with the dispensers, lasts for ages. George as a wetvac too.

2 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Bought this exact cleaner last month, works a treat! Was using it on Clio RS with the white seat inserts, they were hanging and they came up like new

Thanks everyone. Mark101 had mentioned the Titan before, but I never bothered.

So basically Brisk and a wet vac, or else this Bissell if I feel like treating myself haha. Jesus, what have I come to when a wet vac feels like a treat??

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

Thanks everyone. Mark101 had mentioned the Titan before, but I never bothered.

So basically Brisk and a wet vac, or else this Bissell if I feel like treating myself haha. Jesus, what have I come to when a wet vac feels like a treat??

There is a used one in ebay for £70 and and new ones for £115 tenner better in your pocket I got recommended titan hoover on here said to my friend he bought one its a great little machine .. thats going to be my next purchased as well as a new vax

Edited by Casper

If you don’t have a local rep who can supply you brisk then valet pro do a great fabric shampoo, google if your friend to find them. 

3 minutes ago, justina3 said:

If you don’t have a local rep who can supply you brisk then valet pro do a great fabric shampoo, google if your friend to find them. 

Ebay does brisk also . I Will have to have to have a look at valet pro always looking for new products to try .. 

35 minutes ago, Casper said:

Ebay does brisk also . I Will have to have to have a look at valet pro always looking for new products to try .. 

A few people from detailing world got ripped of once buying from eBay, it’s very easy to decant these products from 25ltr drums dilute it down and then sell it on, so Ebay is a big no no for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, justina3 said:

A few people from detailing world got ripped of once buying from eBay, it’s very easy to decant these products from 25ltr drums dilute it down and then sell it on, so Ebay is a big no no for me. 

Thanks for the heads up i wasn't aware .

Ive always used the rep but know its not an option for some people  will deffo give the valet pro a go 

On 9/12/2019 at 6:00 PM, Casper said:

Thanks will do 

what vax model do you have? im contemplating a henry george

10 minutes ago, NacMan said:

what vax model do you have? im contemplating a henry george

It's a George Henry I've been using and an and old junk sale Hoover that I bought for £1 got another the same for £10 at a car boot sale so keep one going out the two going to get a vax for shampooing as a hoover I recommend the Titan from screwfix every one on here says there great and my friend got one and swears by it I've used his it's a fairly good machine and his small one only cost him £45 

Edited by Casper

2 hours ago, Casper said:

It's a George Henry I've been using and an and old junk sale Hoover that I bought for £1 got another the same for £10 at a car boot sale so keep one going out the two going to get a vax for shampooing as a hoover I recommend the Titan from screwfix every one on here says there great and my friend got one and swears by it I've used his it's a fairly good machine and his small one only cost him £45 

this ? https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb350vac-1300w-16ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/36516?kpid=36516&ds_kid=92700046638549236&ds_rl=1243318&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_absBRD1ARIsAO4_D3tIyJcfVl_XDQXT5-E2W2J_p1xL7pyUAcUtvpMd1Jx6k0cmPmVwRCgaAj1DEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Is this useable for all car valeting?

We use wet Henry for the worst cars it’s ace, also have a titan wet and dry which is great but a bit flimsy. Most stains come out with a good APC, scrubbing brush and cloth. Only use the wet and dry machines for the really horrible ones. 

We use Bilt Hamber Surfex, very good dilution rate so a little goes a long way.

28 minutes ago, NacMan said:

That's it There good and cheap a lot of people recommend them here you get the bigger ones too but at £35 it's pretty much disposable after 6 months though I've honestly never heard of any one having problems .. 

1 hour ago, Casper said:

That's it There good and cheap a lot of people recommend them here you get the bigger ones too but at £35 it's pretty much disposable after 6 months though I've honestly never heard of any one having problems .. 

Just read some reviews they say it's a dust machine . I'm unsure to be honest 

4 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Just read some reviews they say it's a dust machine . I'm unsure to be honest 

It's is a shampooer your after ? Or just a hoover 

1 minute ago, Casper said:

It's is a shampooer your after ? Or just a hoover 

Really just a hoover , however if it's a shampooer it's a two in one really but the reviews do say it kicks out alot of dust. I was just considering a new red Henry just waiting for a cheap one to go on sale:lol: