Earunder

What's up with the prices?

Hi - just watching the tumble weed blow past the office door and stumbled across this forum! Has made some good reading for me and reassuring (if not a tad worryingly) that I'm not the only one struggling to buy with the seemingly stupid prices , despite the market being flat as a turd!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Just walked out of Aston Barclay Chelmsford. Wanted an a5 cap clean £7600 went for £8650

saw a lovely c4 grand Picasso in white wanted to pay £4700 went for £5800.

i took myself and my coffee back to the car park pronto!

Days like this i just walk out and get in car and go home.

Otherwise i get a headache from the auctioneer on full volume plus cold air and shivering legs :lol:

2 hours ago, Huggins said:

Hi - just watching the tumble weed blow past the office door and stumbled across this forum! Has made some good reading for me and reassuring (if not a tad worryingly) that I'm not the only one struggling to buy with the seemingly stupid prices , despite the market being flat as a turd!

Welcome . To the forum 

9 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

What is Cap at the moment though? To me cap clean tends to be the starting point for the bids to begin at. I never price to cap retail therefore whats the point of buying to cap clean.

That Audi A5 would still have profit in it.  

Buy as cheap as you can, sell as high as you can repeat.

That Audi will still have profit? £9k including fees. Sell at £9995?

i dont want to be spending £9k to earn £400 after expenses thank you. I can earn £1500 on a cheap chopper.

Managed to buy 8 out of BCA today, some cars were going well over cap clean and they weren't even clean. 

Insignia estate SRi about £600 above book.

Zafira diesel auto 10 plate capped at 2200 made 3100. 

21 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Actually Managed to win another one £1000 below cap.

Never mind the fact its smoking like there is no tomorrow. Dont even think it was driven through the Hall  :D:D

I should point out i wanted it like this and was cheaper than i was hoping for aswell

:lol:

Honestly the worst thing anyone can do is follow Cap. As the auctioneers always say - 'Throw away the book on this one'.

Its miles out, absolutely miles on out anything. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Honestly the worst thing anyone can do is follow Cap. As the auctioneers always say - 'Throw away the book on this one'.

Its miles out, absolutely miles on out anything. 

I've been pondering on the idea that BCA and Manheim stopped feeding data to CAP awhile ago now, which kinda makes sense.

6 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Honestly the worst thing anyone can do is follow Cap

It's useful for part exchanges.

Using the VW part exchange facility(free for those that don't know) I give the punters a nice printout with the figures. Punters seem to go for it every time

Although I do cut the VW logo off the top first:rolleyes:

Another mental day at Aston barclay Chelmsford, and was totally mobbed by dealers.... however it did look like a little bit of normality returning to prices today.

5 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Another mental day at Aston barclay Chelmsford, and was totally mobbed by dealers.... however it did look like a little bit of normality returning to prices today.

I didn’t bother been mad the last few weeks. Very few cars going through again today.

Hi mate, managed to get 2 today but both fixer uppers to some degree.... 5 series Estate 11 plate which needs front and rear bumpers spraying.  And a white 11 plate TDI scirocco which has more lights than a Xmas tree but probably dpf related.... both below cap average and some nice profit in them hopefully.   Couldn’t get near the mint stuff....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Slowly but surely B)

I've not found buying that bad.

Yesterday picked up an 11 207 1.6 HDi allure for £2300, 43k on the clock, 7 stamps.

Or is that too rich for some :)

Then lucky enough to be offered a 2013 Clio  1.2 MediaNav in black with 35k, full main dealer history incl cam belt change. That's a regular customer of mine. Then finally a 2012 1.2 Fabia estate today with 54k on....probably paid strongest money for that at £3k.

TBH I've got more cars than ever, forgot where I've left some of them:lol:

EDIT the Clio....WBAC offered £4300, Cap clean was £3900 which I was happy to offer.....WBAC then knocked it down to £3650 due to 2 stone chips (car is 99% mint) so customers more than happy at £3,900.

Edited by SC Derby

I'm off on holiday tomorrow. Much to the annoyance of Mrs S I always take the laptop and manage to  buy a couple. I shan't be bothering these year and will wait a while while Uncle Tom Coberly and all blow their brains out. Problem is, that means I might have to talk to the missus for a week!

1 hour ago, SC Derby said:

I've not found buying that bad.

Yesterday picked up an 11 207 1.6 HDi allure for £2300, 43k on the clock, 7 stamps.

Or is that too rich for some :)

Then lucky enough to be offered a 2013 Clio  1.2 MediaNav in black with 35k, full main dealer history incl cam belt change. That's a regular customer of mine. Then finally a 2012 1.2 Fabia estate today with 54k on....probably paid strongest money for that at £3k.

TBH I've got more cars than ever, forgot where I've left some of them:lol:

Where from, and if at auction are these prices inclusive of fees? All I'm seeing is silly prices 

Strange one at Bca measham yesterday. Auction hall was dead, no more than 20 people there for most of it, roughly 400 cars on sale and again most were fetching silly money. Not many online bids either.

To my maths that means each person bought roughly 20 cars each at way over Cap? Can’t see it myself. 

16 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Strange one at Bca measham yesterday. Auction hall was dead, no more than 20 people there for most of it, roughly 400 cars on sale and again most were fetching silly money. Not many online bids either.

To my maths that means each person bought roughly 20 cars each at way over Cap? Can’t see it myself. 

What about the 100 online bidders?

23 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

The ceiling tiles won the lottery again ???

20 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

The ceiling tiles won the lottery again ???

It was the h beam last week ..and the floor the week before  :D:lol:

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Casper said:

It was the h beam last week ..and the floor the week before  :D:lol:

Bloody gits they are i must find out who does there stocking plans and get me on one

• Haha 1

After a couple of late plate vans at Blackbushe today.  No idea who was online buying them as I have since brought similar at Evans Halshaw for less....

27 minutes ago, Contracts said:

After a couple of late plate vans at Blackbushe today.  No idea who was online buying them as I have since brought similar at Evans Halshaw for less....

Seen that with a lot of Audi's looked at an a4 all road googled the reg and up it came with the previous ad for £500 less than they wanted in the sale and similar cars were about £1k cheaper from Audi dealer .  

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

What about the 100 online bidders?

As said I didn’t see many sell online.