Marian TDM

Introduction

Work harder than anyone else. If everyone else is working 50 hours a week and you do 80 or 100 hours you win, you get much further ahead in a much shorter time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Work harder than anyone else. If everyone else is working 50 hours a week and you do 80 or 100 hours you win, you get much further ahead in a much shorter time. 

I was told to just work half days but it had to be every day.Then the other 12 hours each day were mine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

I was told to just work half days but it had to be every day.Then the other 12 hours each day were mine.

Helps to get ahead doesn't it. That and a natural ability to know what sells and tell which cars will break down on the way home and what will fly out and not come back under warranty :blink:

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Or you end up in hospital with lack of sleep. :lol:

I always say work smarter not harder 

15 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

4 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Or you end up in hospital with lack of sleep. :lol:

I always say work smarter not harder 

Smarter not harder I like that tango .. 

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Helps to get ahead doesn't it. That and a natural ability to know what sells and tell which cars will break down on the way home and what will fly out and not come back under warranty :blink:

I like how you are sticking M Performance kits onto all your M Sports.

Belgrave Motor Company in Sheffield started off fitting replica M Sport wheels onto base spec ES / SE E90s and look at them now

2 hours ago, twerp said:

Belgrave Motor Company in Sheffield started off fitting replica M Sport wheels onto base spec ES / SE E90s and look at them now

Nice wheels do transform a car though don't they  I hate miss matched wheel trims or scuffed alloys .

Lot of the main dealer and bigger national dealers don't seem to care  theres a car supermarket near me and every second car has scuffed up wheels and thats them fully prepped And on the forecourt there only averaging a year and a half to two years old cars too no sure id like my two year old car .. to have scuffed wheels 

Edited by Casper

16 hours ago, twerp said:

Bought them like that Sir:unsure::D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, twerp said:

There is no doubt that a new set of replica alloys helps sell stuff.We were doing it years ago when a new set of rims and tyres were £600 and you could flog the old ones online.However the downside with these Chinese imports is not only the higher cost because of the low pound but also the low quality of the rims which can mean they buckle quite easily.I was told that retailers are now barred from using them in Australia as they have caused accidents.Our guy’s view is now that it is too big a potential liability to fit them and run the risk of being charged with some criminal offence in the event of an accident.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2019 at 11:04 AM, trade vet said:

I think you and me had the same advice .

My dad told me i only work half day , " choose which 12 hour shift you want "  But there was a rule that superseded that and it was "if your awake your at work " :o

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I think you and me had the same advice .

My dad told me i only work half day , " choose which 12 hour shift you want "  But there was a rule that superseded that and it was "if your awake your at work " :o

If your awake your at work .. I like that :)

37 minutes ago, trade vet said:

There is no doubt that a new set of replica alloys helps sell stuff.We were doing it years ago when a new set of rims and tyres were £600 and you could flog the old ones online.However the downside with these Chinese imports is not only the higher cost because of the low pound but also the low quality of the rims which can mean they buckle quite easily.I was told that retailers are now barred from using them in Australia as they have caused accidents.Our guy’s view is now that it is too big a potential liability to fit them and run the risk of being charged with some criminal offence in the event of an accident.

Rough castings and/or poor quality alloy usually come as standard. They can come with as many quality certificates as you want but they won’t be worth the paper they’re written on.

31 minutes ago, BHM said:

Rough castings and/or poor quality alloy usually come as standard. They can come with as many quality certificates as you want but they won’t be worth the paper they’re written on.

It's funny because I guess that's why you don't see much of that now back in the mid to late 90s and early 2000s I remember a dealer up here put a set on almost every BMW they sold they then changed it to charge as an extra for x amount 

5 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Live to work :ph34r:

Or

Work to live :lol:

That's true also tango .. 

Edited by Casper

38 minutes ago, Casper said:

That's true also tango .. 

Know a cabbie who worked very hard since 1970s... Did about 40+ Christmas' he toppled his cab last year and bought another one... Lasted 12 months and died recently. 

Yep he worked the morning to evening shift was at home for 4 hours then died!

Worked about 12 to 18 hours a day for donkey years

If you're never going to see the money why work so hard...

:lol:

Edited by TangoVictor32

42 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Know a cabbie who worked very hard since 1970s... Did about 40+ Christmas' he toppled his cab last year and bought another one... Lasted 12 months and died recently. 

At least he didn't die with the meter running:D

1 hour ago, TangoVictor32 said:

That's very true . I realise that more since my friend passed suddenly 2 years ago with a heart condition . Seen it so many times . Infact.i said to my ageing mother the other day to spend some money on the house new bathroom etc so dad and her can enjoy there money ..

on the other side of the coin I've seen lots of guys retire then detoriate so quick after words so guess there is a happy medium .. 

• Like 1

Great topic, hows things going now six months down the line @Marian TDM ?

What would folk suggest as the best way to value a car, would it be using something like CAP or Glass app?

Sounds as if your pups have done well @David Horgan - would like to do things similarly to the way your daughter started.. but with most of the comments on here are talking about the industry it would put anyone off just as well I've got a passion for it lol.

Well, I hope Marian is making a good 2nd income ( and declaring it to HMRC) though it’s gone  a bit quiet ....

Mr Horgan seems to have plenty of talent in his family... good to see young blood coming through and doing well. You’ve trained them well, sir!

As for CAP/Glass..it’s been said many times before,..the key way  to make profit is all in the buying....look for opportunities below Market value..sorry but  death and desperation continue to be good niches if you can hack it,to be in those areas of the market....just saying....

On 8/24/2019 at 3:20 PM, Casper said:

I source most stuff from auctions . As do my friends in the trade and associates as well as part exchange there is a few online auctions you can use but most you have to be ltd or vat registered . 

Did used to buy some from a main landrover dealer but the guy left who was our contact and think it all goes to dealer auction now .and also a Volkswagen dealer but it changed hands so it much harder to get into dealers now for part exchanges 

There is a hpi free car price guide online

you can always use the we buy any car etc to give you an idea what you should be paying but expect to pay slightly more as most of there stuff goes to auction ..  

when buying to sell on use the Arnold Clark px price checker and expect to pay a bit more buying private 

most dealers will have the cap and glasses price guides well online apps now that they use   But in your position this might might work what i suggested  above 

when you register as a trader at the auctions with trade insurance etc the trade  catalogue has guide prices on it 

Look out on gumtree there a lot of badly presented cars that come up well with a polish a new set of trims and number plates 

If your able put a full 12 months mot on everything as it reassures your buyers  

hope this helps .. 

oh and aim higher 10 percent is not a lot but keep at it 

I just came back to your reply after few months and I must say(again) THANK YOU.

• Like 1