tradegirl

Car polisher

i think while we would like to be 100% of the time car buyers sellers i also think you have to have ( where you can) some  knowledge of some of the basics of some of the things we outsource, I personally and no car detailer and i have never been trained, But i can mop and  polish various cosmetic issues out of a  panel or car and i think that in turn helps me sell the car, I think my (limited) skills with a DA Polisher have saved me over £500 this year, Things that previously would have gone to my paint man, My machine, Pads and compounds cost less than £100 4 years ago, As we  know  Black is going to show everything and silver may hide everything, I think a few hours with a machine polisher going over the worst areas and can sell it with confidence

On 8/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, tradegirl said:

Ok thanks everyone.

@jason doyle motor sales I know what you mean. But I've honestly had enough of the back and forth. And if I take it back when there's no sunshine, I have nothing to show them. Probably the best bet for now though, and I'll get a DA polisher and practice on my sister's old 207 first haha.

Thanks everyone.

Now wrong with an old 207 I've smoked around in in a few old diesel peugeots over the years . Lol :lol:

Try ultimate compound, especially as your new to machine polishing. Doing a full detail is a long long process. I've spent 16hrs doing a valet. Ultimate compound saves time as you don't have to go over it with polish, the compound breaks down in to smaller less aggressive particles and polishes while it's worked. M105 will cut more but you'll need to follow with m205 to polish. As a beginner ultimate compound is ideal! use a medium pad. Claying is something I try my best to avoid..it's a horrible time consuming job. Petrol and a microfiber is far quicker , white spirit even better but depends on car/paint condition and youbdon't want to leave it on the paint longer than necessary..keep the hose nearby. VonHaus DA polisher is good value for money and comes with red pad for removal of scratches, yellow for swirl marks and a black pad for polishing. Huge money in detailing products IMO most are unnecessary...

• Like 1

We use a rotary for heavy defects but for beginners I’d recommend a twin head polisher like Autosmart’s one.. we actually use a cheap copy from eBay for half the price but it’s dual action so hard to mess it up!

• Like 1