Fatboy

Good Morning!

Morning ,

Have been lurking for a year or so thought I should introduce myself and thank you all for the valuable information gained already.

I have returned to the motor trade after a break of over 20yrs during which time I managed to build and sell a financial services firm and retain a small property business. The FCA compliance and the last load of exams I took made me realise although I had made reasonable success of it there were 20 odd years I hadnt enjoyed  and could nt replay so I needed to change before its too late.

The start of my motortrade career in the early eighties was washing vehicles in the morning and petrol pump attendant in the afternoons. Was nt very good at being employed ended up self employed at the age of 21.

The things You miss thread tickled me striking many chords. I was one of the boys from "the country" taking shiney japanese stuff with "ahem" mechanical challenges which certain groups found appealing! down to Belmont Charlton. " lovely Blue bird estate freshly in from the country ideal for runs to the wholesalers during the day minicabbing in the evening, by the way  marvellous jacket   you have their sir must bring me back one next time you are home will you start me at  2 grand!" Great well spoken Auctioneer could write a book on that place.

Fast forward to now have10 to 15 in stock and have ranged from £1495 upto 20 odd grand all different stuff  but still havent found my niche. In the past I have had phases on mk1 minis, rover P5b's, 7 series volvos, 3,5,7 series BM, 2.8 Capris and Yanks but still looking for my modern speciality. Minis were in the very early days have trouble getting into one now!

Any way that is probably enough  , I am enjoying myself again and look forward to interacting in this forum and helping if I can.

Cheers for now

Fatboy

• Like 1

Someone sounds like (according to his Username) that he is knocking you and I off our Fat Perch @tradex

Welcome by the way Fatboy.  I know your pain....

Thanks for the great welcomes !. All I can say is I am a pretty sensitive fellow when it comes to weight but when I got on the scales this morning the reading was " one at a time please"

• Haha 1

how do we know you are not really fatboy slim

inside leg measurement required immediately or the forum police will hound you:lol:

Fatboy, you'll need to pass various security checks! VAT number, inside leg measurement (?), wifes topless instagram pics and details of your website for a thorough scrutineering and financial background check!

Welcome aboard!:lol:

Hi Fatboy

You will quickly lose weight in this job.All the stress and worry will see to that.You don’t see many fat car dealers.

Good early CV,a lot of us started as valeters or petrol pump attendants,I think you will do well.

5 minutes ago, trade vet said:

You don’t see many fat car dealers

Wondering where I have gone wrong.....:lol:

25 minutes ago, L-P said:

Wondering where I have gone wrong.....:lol:

Me too to many pies at lunchtime i guess for me . 

Edited by Casper

3 hours ago, Casper said:

Me too to many pies at lunchtime i guess for me . 

More wax on wax off at lunch time Casper :lol:

Just now, David Horgan said:

More wax on wax off at lunch time Casper :lol:

Thats it david or cut it down to 1 pie instead of my usual 2 with a cream cake lol was actually going to ask you earlier how you were getting on hope all is well . 

Loving this thread, great to see motor trade banter is still alive and kicking.

David Horgan ,large 4x4,s have been considered but warranting Range Rovers scares me ! Used to be fairly safe with the Landcruisers, Hilux, 4 tracks etc  but not so sure now.  Back in the day even had a Shorrocks supercharged Range Rover 3.5 with a body kit and alloys that made it look like a Suzuki bigfoot jeep.....tasteful!. After the novelty had warn off  was wedged with it for ages but funnily enough managed to unload it to a trader outside Belmont Auctions in the end.

Off to the pub now for large chilli and chips and a few guinness.......you dont get a body like this without feeding it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

Loving this thread, great to see motor trade banter is still alive and kicking.

David Horgan ,large 4x4,s have been considered but warranting Range Rovers scares me ! Used to be fairly safe with the Landcruisers, Hilux, 4 tracks etc  but not so sure now.  Back in the day even had a Shorrocks supercharged Range Rover 3.5 with a body kit and alloys that made it look like a Suzuki bigfoot jeep.....tasteful!. After the novelty had warn off  was wedged with it for ages but funnily enough managed to unload it to a trader outside Belmont Auctions in the end.

Off to the pub now for large chilli and chips and a few guinness.......you dont get a body like this without feeding it!

Enjoy your evening