antokid1771

Sterling/Cars no reserve reading

New to this forum so hello, has anyone bought off the seller carswithnoreservereading previously known as sterling cars? I see thay have 99% positive feedback but a quick search on google tells a very different story.

Edited by antokid1771

Must have had about 5 off of them now. I think the bad reviews are just made up by others who’ve had rival businesses. That must be what keeps the prices down.

Everyone I’ve had has been exactly as described and, between us, well, those on this forum, I’ve made a packet on them! 

53 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Must have had about 5 off of them now. I think the bad reviews are just made up by others who’ve had rival businesses. That must be what keeps the prices down.

Everyone I’ve had has been exactly as described and, between us, well, those on this forum, I’ve made a packet on them! 

I've read they bid on the cars themselves, so I've had a look at the bidding on a few cars I've watched and it's pretty obvious there's something fishy going on, still selling cheap though just want to know if the cars are generally ok and as described. 

I’ve not had first hand experience but I believe they are. I’ve been told they pay-out on claims under their unofficial ‘warranty’ for about 3 months.

I’ve watched them for a few years and watched them buy at bca. A lot of their cars seam to sell for less on eBay than what they paid themselves at auction. Makes no sense to me

22 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

I’ve watched them for a few years and watched them buy at bca. A lot of their cars seam to sell for less on eBay than what they paid themselves at auction. Makes no sense to me

I've been watching closely last few days, a car sold for 5k on the 11th 6pm, good feedback left on the 12th from the buyer saying how great they are, they had the same car back on ebay again that night no reserve, only 1 way to explain that. 

22 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Whats the quality of cars like going through BCA? just read 92 horrendous feedbacks for them, but I know that's 92 negative out of thousands of transactions.

Edited by antokid1771

I've always found anything above grade 3 at BCA pretty much ready to retail. 

Get it delivered, quick bucket of water over it once it comes off the transporter and ready to go. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, antokid1771 said:

I've been watching closely last few days, a car sold for 5k on the 11th 6pm, good feedback left on the 12th from the buyer saying how great they are, they had the same car back on ebay again that night no reserve, only 1 way to explain that. 

Whats the quality of cars like going through BCA? just read 92 horrendous feedbacks for them, but I know that's 92 negative out of thousands of transactions.

They were at Walsall buying a few months back, guy in a Sterling jacket. Watched him buy a rough as hell Focus RS and a Mini Cooper S with a chain rattling louder than a shivering skeleton. Focus appeared on eBay a few days later and sold for less than he paid at Walsall before fee’s. 

They bought a 20k plus car the other week. I think they paid about 21500 plus premium. It was a 19500 car for me, I don't know how they will profit on that. The last genuine bid I can see on it is 18500, anything else is them running it up.

This was a decent car though, grade 2 I think and good history.

I love there pics on Ebay.........just  leave the  BCA auction stickers on we dont mind, No dont even move it from the line we will take the pics here, No i dont  want it open, Why are you trying to complicate things he he

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Frankieola said:

I've always found anything above grade 3 at BCA pretty much ready to retail. 

Get it delivered, quick bucket of water over it once it comes off the transporter and ready to go. 

How accurate is the grading? Ever any issues?

As a rule I always allow an extra £100 to prep if its a grade 4, £200 to prep if its a grade 5.

Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, antokid1771 said:

How accurate is the grading? Ever any issues?

Issues in a BCA auction thats an old wives tale isnt it,bucket of water and a nice magic tree and your away.

11 minutes ago, Frankieola said:

As a rule I always allow an extra £100 to prep if its a grade 4, £200 to prep if its a grade 5.

What ? On £400 bangers ?

Grade 2s need twice that minimum 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, antokid1771 said:

That will be 92 buyers who thought they could get a cheap bargain but then realised what 'sold as seen' really means?

I'm happy for BCA/Manheim to get lots of negative reviews, it helps scare off the amateurs!

• Like 3

I think you should stick to noreservereading. You will get a high quality car from them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, met said:

That will be 92 buyers who thought they could get a cheap bargain but then realised what 'sold as seen' really means?

I'm happy for BCA/Manheim to get lots of negative reviews, it helps scare off the amateurs!

I wish it would also scare of the people who pay stupid money for anything I want!

Just re-read one of their adverts.

Looks like they have finally been made to remove their 'sold as seen / scrap' clause

I wonder how long they can operate if they're taking back cars

23 minutes ago, twerp said:

Just re-read one of their adverts.

Looks like they have finally been made to remove their 'sold as seen / scrap' clause

I wonder how long they can operate if they're taking back cars

dont know who these fellers are but i would imagine it would be trading standards who advised them that they should take it out if that is the case

citing reducing customer rights

who would put that anyway its just asking for a bust from the men andgirls with lanyards flying in the wind hb2's at the ready

4 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

dont know who these fellers are but i would imagine it would be trading standards who advised them that they should take it out if that is the case

citing reducing customer rights

who would put that anyway its just asking for a bust from the men andgirls with lanyards flying in the wind hb2's at the ready

Must of worked for them, they’ve been trading that way for years.

• Like 1

Just now, Lakeside said:

Must of worked for them, they’ve been trading that way for years.

fair enough

On 12/08/2019 at 11:13 PM, Mojo121 said:

Oh. Bought 6 more. £900 profit in each! Happy days.