antokid1771

Sterling/Cars no reserve reading

On 8/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, met said:

That will be 92 buyers who thought they could get a cheap bargain but then realised what 'sold as seen' really means?

I'm happy for BCA/Manheim to get lots of negative reviews, it helps scare off the amateurs!

That will be 93 buyers, after antokid buys from them. 

I'm surprised these guys haven't had a stress related heart attack. 

Edited by NoMargin

On 8/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, jason doyle motor sales said:

dont know who these fellers are but i would imagine it would be trading standards who advised them that they should take it out if that is the case

citing reducing customer rights

who would put that anyway its just asking for a bust from the men andgirls with lanyards flying in the wind hb2's at the ready

Many years ago at the start of the fleabay gold mine I used to sell EVERYTHING as SorR. After a number of years I was formally, by letter, asked to attend a meeting with my local TS branch.

Allegedly the head man had been looking for a Mondeo Estate over his Christmas holiday and had cast his eye over one of my adverts - apparently he spat out his mince pie at my adverts! :lol:

Anyway I ended up removing all of the SorR bullshit & put up my prices to compensate.

I was instructed that even my ebay auction listings weren’t to be SorR as a standard clause because it’s a public forum.

Where’s this leading? What surprises me is that in 2019 there are still a number of these outfits advertising vehicles as standard for SorR.

We have  had a lot of cars of them no problems with any ... They have a very simple  solution  to  any problems  you find with the cars if it doesn't  suit  leave it now that very fair !!!!

Seriously do not buy from them! Their staff have several ebay accounts and leave the positive feedback after they win the car they were bidding up. Who needs a reserve if you are pushing the bids up?! 

They are lying cheating con men, cars are generally patched up crap suitable for scrap, don't know how they live with themselves. 

9 hours ago, Puds said:

Seriously do not buy from them! Their staff have several ebay accounts and leave the positive feedback after they win the car they were bidding up. Who needs a reserve if you are pushing the bids up?! 

They are lying cheating con men, cars are generally patched up crap suitable for scrap, don't know how they live with themselves. 

Did you get stung?

7 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Did you get stung?

What makes you ask that? I suspect Puds is a happy customer :lol:

Edited by BHM

16 hours ago, Puds said:

They're cheap for a reason..... :rolleyes:  You get what you pay for.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I bet Puds is a greedy cnut.

So you think he bought a VW then :lol:.... On his credit card.... Has the cambelt been done?

19 hours ago, Puds said:

I’m not sure who’s worst, the seller or the buyer for buying a ‘patched up’ car in the first place 

Cars with no reserve work on volume. They buy from Bca, deliver it straight to their yard, bang it on eBay and sell it for what they can sell it for.

Just go down the BCA auction and buy it yourself.

• Like 1

Cars With No Reserve deserve a medal dealing with the public on eBay auctions. I packed them in years ago when it became a messers paradise. Even when you listed faults the fucking idiots whinged about the faults. 

My heart sank every time a bid came in at the last second from zero-rated Iqbal or the inevitable part-time traders who’d roll-up tyrekicking, fussy as fuck, wanting the full retail experience. I had to give quite a few alleged ‘trade-buyers’ a talking too.

Edited by BHM

37 minutes ago, BHM said:

Cars With No Reserve deserve a medal dealing with the public on eBay auctions. I packed them in years ago when it became a messers paradise. Even when you listed faults the fucking idiots whinged about the faults. 

My heart sank every time a bid came in at the last second from zero-rated Iqbal or the inevitable part-time traders who’d roll-up tyrekicking, fussy as fuck, wanting the full retail experience. I had to give quite a few alleged ‘trade-buyers’ a talking too.

Precisely my thoughts. 

Bought a one  owner Range Rover 4.4 TdV8 from them a year ago, full dealer history , sight unseen until it  landed in the Caribbean where I live (although I did send it to a local independent shop in Reading  for about a grand's worth of work, including clearing the dreaded DPF light). Car is a proper good 'un, and I can't speak highly enough about the value for money. Seems to me the adverts are strsaigthforward and the cars described honestly . Effectively  you're paying him a few  quid to bid at BCA for you, which suits me very  well as I live thousands of miles away . Some of the  stock is leggy and nasty , but some bargains to be had if you look carefully. Overall very easy and helpful guys to deal with. 

Edited by Davids98
Typos

Won a car on ebay on Monday. It has been on there at least 4 times before I won it. Every time it has sold it is back on there within 48 hours. I got it at a very good price and called up to arrange collection. Everything was tweedlidoo and less than an hour later this guy call me up and say that the car now has a bottom knock and what do I want to do. I said I still want to come and view it, and then he say that if I do and it has a bottom knock I have to buy it. I say that I find it strange and he say they just got it from the auction and when they prepared it for me they found it out (like they will prepare it immediately when I say I will pick it up i 2 days). it is obviously a fib because it went for too little money, and someone has called them and offered more for it. They've had the car for 6 weeks!! He even said that BCA would take it back ...kind of defeats the purpose of auction sale I think..

I've reported them to ebay and helped bringing their feedback down from 99% . My guess is that they have kept 99% because they actively lobby ebay to remove bad feedback as they are a good customer. I've seen this before.

I've had two cars off them before and there has always been something wrong they didn't list, but each time I went back and made them pay up after a lot of feet dragging.

They are the primordial cartoon used car dealer, but you can get a good deal if you balance well on your feet and keep the tongue well balanced in the middle of your mouth, but don't trust them further than you can throw them so for the general public...stay away.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, Frankieola said:

As a rule I always allow an extra £100 to prep if its a grade 4, £200 to prep if its a grade 5.

Hope this helps. 

£200 to prep a grade 5? Jeeze I'm doing something seriously wrong :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Barry Gilbert said:

Never failed to retail a car from there.

Never failed to retail a car from anywhere.

Is it just me or is it amazing that new users on here with zero reputation seem to do very well buying cars from these people?? 

• Haha 2