Mojo121

I miss...

I never check the price of anything in the supermarket, just cannot be bothered & never collected a point in my life.

Edited by SC Derby

4 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Ha Ha....I know a bit about this subject despite not having a tartan trolley.Two sides to this.I think the rude ones tend to be men.Savvy pensioners often shop every day to get the best deals as food prices constantly fluctuate. My wife often complains about ‘ time poor’ younger people who fill their trolleys and who must have no idea of the price of stuff and then pay by credit card and don’t check the till receipt ( and don’t collect points ).I am told that the best deals at Sainsbury’s are mid month.Tescos can be Sunday afternoon after 4.M&S is easy to follow,for instance for the next bank holiday weekend they might be stocked up with barbecue stuff.Bad weather means poor sales and they have to drastically reduce it on Tuesday to shift it.I have seen my wife often come home with £60 worth of foodstuff having paid £15......Just general dealer chat before anyone gets upset.!

Who else thinks us younger traders should club together and get tradevet a tartan trolley for Christmas lol :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Casper said:

Who else thinks us younger traders should club together and get tradevet a tartan trolley for Christmas lol :lol:

Hi Casper. An idea for you.These could become a ‘must have’ fashion accessory.Fold up personal shopping trolleys ( but with a trendy new name ) with logged in shelf smart technology for speedy shopping to take you to the food product you require in any major supermarket.Made with recycled parts and upholstered in Gucci,Burberry,Louis Vuitton etc. You just need Meghan Markle or a Kardashan to be seen with one and the global demand would be phenomenal.You could then sell out to Amazon for a billion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi Casper. An idea for you.These could become a ‘must have’ fashion accessory.Fold up personal shopping trolleys ( but with a trendy new name ) with logged in shelf smart technology for speedy shopping to take you to the food product you require in any major supermarket.Made with recycled parts and upholstered in Gucci,Burberry,Louis Vuitton etc. You just need Meghan Markle or a Kardashan to be seen with one and the global demand would be phenomenal.You could then sell out to Amazon for a billion.

Haha like it .

in truth  the old ladies and gents don't bother me in the super markets 

always feel I've done.my good dead when asked to get something from the back of a high shelf for a little old lady 

Like TV ever goes to a supermarket!  I go once or twice a year (her birthday and valentines day for flowers)  I'm not allowed to go with her, as I'm really annoying apparently- pointing out that 'we don't need half the stuff she's buying'.  

She now gets it delivered.

3 hours ago, SC Derby said:

I never check the price of anything in the supermarket, just cannot be bothered & never collected a point in my life.

Same here- also true when getting fuel.  Shortening your life by worrying about saving fifty quid over your lifetime isn't for me.  Either that or I'm lazy.

Edited by NOACROSS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SC Derby said:

I was always the same until I started going to Aldi. A full trolley is about £80 cheaper than Asda / Tesco.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

I was always the same until I started going to Aldi. A full trolley is about £80 cheaper than Asda / Tesco.

A lot of there food is amazing too both the yoghurts and lasagne from both aldi and lydl is excellent so is there own brand soups I remember a hairdresser told me he went to germany and those brands were like heinz etc in the uk 

Edited by Casper

36 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Like TV ever goes to a supermarket!  I go once or twice a year (her birthday and valentines day for flowers)  I'm not allowed to go with her, as I'm really annoying apparently- pointing out that 'we don't need half the stuff she's buying'.  

She now gets it delivered.

Same here- also true when getting fuel.  Shortening your life buy worrying about saving fifty quid over your lifetime isn't for me.  Either that or I'm lazy.

Hi Noa

You are right about me and supermarkets except I did go to Asda a few weeks ago and caused trouble.A bit like what Mark was referring to with pensioners.I had to buy a birthday card so I stand in this long queue with people with huge baskets of shopping.When it comes to my turn I hand over £3 for the £2.50 card and the cashier does not give me any change.So I insist on the 50p and the cashier has to ring someone to open the till and people behind start giving me flack for holding up the queue.Apparently I was in the wrong one with only one item etc.so I had to make a sharp exit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

I'm a morrisons man mate, love it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi Noa

You are right about me and supermarkets except I did go to Asda a few weeks ago and caused trouble.A bit like what Mark was referring to with pensioners.I had to buy a birthday card so I stand in this long queue with people with huge baskets of shopping.When it comes to my turn I hand over £3 for the £2.50 card and the cashier does not give me any change.So I insist on the 50p and the cashier has to ring someone to open the till and people behind start giving me flack for holding up the queue.Apparently I was in the wrong one with only one item etc.so I had to make a sharp exit.

i do the weekly shop in our house because i know the price of everything

if the person in front of me on the conveyor is too lazy to put a bar down i just let the cashier roll my goods through with theirs whilst i pretend to look at the nuts on the pos

i always get the blame but i dont care ive made my point and next time i like to think they will use etiquette and put the bar down at the end of their slug trail

just sayin...................

• Like 2