Sign in to follow this  
JDM1983

Google Ads

Does anyone use google to advertise their business and if so, how much do you spend monthly (what reach to you have), and does it work for you?

Cheers

Cheers David. All feels like a FB/Insta boost, which hasn’t worked for me so far. 

Google AdWords only really works for service based businesses, as the product/service never changes. Whereas your stock will always change. If it's just to raise awareness of your business then website, Facebook page etc. That will be cheaper and much more effective.

We use it but I think I’ll cancel it now it’s been mentioned don’t think it’s ever resulted in a sale.

17 hours ago, JDM1983 said:

Does anyone use google to advertise their business and if so, how much do you spend monthly (what reach to you have), and does it work for you?

Cheers

Google ads is bringing leads and website visitors, it works better than Facebook ads. Is it optimised and targeted? There are websites that let you check what kind of keywords your competitors choose. 

On 03/08/2019 at 7:38 AM, DAJP said:

Google ads is bringing leads and website visitors, it works better than Facebook ads. Is it optimised and targeted? There are websites that let you check what kind of keywords your competitors choose. 

Hi DAJP, do you manage your GoogleAds account in house? How do you track your conversions? 

• Like 1

On 02/08/2019 at 2:28 PM, JDM1983 said:

Cheers

We used this for my Mrs as she has an independent accountancy business. The cost of the ad campaign vs the actual enquires/clients was very low. Infact i don't think she actually generated and new leads from it so we cancelled after paying £250 over a 3 month ad campaign. The problem is that google ads will take your money regardless. As an example if you have 10 clicks to your site or someone searched for "my local car dealer" you will have to pay a lot to just to get the top spot on the feed and then if the person does not follow the enquiry through or even call you on a car, it doesn't matter to google they will still charge you on the ad campaign.

My personal advice would be not to do google ads in the car trade, as selling on Autoraper / Gumtree last price / Fleebay is hard enough let alone getting extra charges from google ads and a possible no enquiry. Better of getting your website SEP so it appears on google at a higher ranking etc which also is very long winded and expensive but thats another convo lol. Hope this helps. ;)

Cheers, Amer.