Pip

Anyone still having luck with Zafiras?

I haven’t had a Zafira for quite a while but took one in chop today. I use to do very well on these years ago. The older shape 99T up to 54 plates were good news. 

This is a 1.8 Petrol 2011 with 51k . Don’t think they are so desirable now after the heater recall scare

I think it does put off some people . Like you said the older ones were good 

I think there still ok sellers well up here anyone .

A lot of the local dealers are still buying them and they still seem to buy them at the block.

Yours should sell on miles .

If it were me I would just check all the recalls etc have been done and documented even tell the customer there more than welcome to phone vauxhall and check . 

good luck hope you do alright with it .

keep us all posted . 

Edited by Casper

I always do fine with them as a megane scenic all though it may not catch fire is still a much worse option and a Touran commands too strong money.

You won’t get rich but Zafiras are usually nice steady money, a few weeks in stock, little interest but a man always pops-up out of the blue.

Make sure the recall has been done & plaster the fact it has been across the advert - many haven’t been & the buyers simply can’t be arsed doing it themselves in my experience - also you don’t want your customers taking a car for a recall & being treated to a Vauxhall dealership’s money making attempts, a.k.a. free health check.

6 minutes ago, BHM said:

You won’t get rich but Zafiras are usually nice steady money, a few weeks in stock, little interest but a man always pops-up out of the blue.

Make sure the recall has been done & plaster the fact it has been across the advert - many haven’t been & the buyers simply can’t be arsed doing it themselves in my experience - also you don’t want your customers taking a car for a recall & being treated to a Vauxhall dealership’s money making attempts, a.k.a. free health check.

You can bet your bottom dollar it needs the brakes doing or a tyre on the fhc .

thats the favourite ones they told me a tyre needed replaced at a Peugeot dealer when had a car in for warranty work.

I asked for the tread depth they said its on 4 mil

Edited by Casper

10 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

I always do fine with them as a megane scenic all though it may not catch fire is still a much worse option and a Touran commands too strong money.

Personally I think the Grand Scenic is the best in it's class  by some way and has been for a while. 

Fallen right out of favour for us and all we do is bread and butter. French and Ford 7 seaters still selling well.

Last one I sold was around a year ago now. Plenty of interest but the first thing every punter asked was if the recall had been done. 

Zafiras are ok down this way. Ticks all the boxes as a seven seat/van/weekend minicab! I must havd spent hours and hours repairing door wiring looms in those things over the years. Helped me improve my soldering skills! :-)

5 hours ago, met said:

Helped me improve my soldering skills! :-)

There is a USE for a Zafira after all :lol:, never thought i'd ever hear they were useful :D

God i hate those bloody things 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

There is a USE for a Zafira after all :lol:, never thought i'd ever hear they were useful :D

God i hate those bloody things 

:D:lol:

Just seen this go through. A 2004 GSI, manheim grade 5, 83k, I think CC was £1400. Through my PC it looked a truly hateful thing. A four pack of Magnum's for who can guess what it made.

We've done alright with the couple of Zafiras we've had... Always take 3 viewings to sell :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, sparky said:

Just seen this go through. A 2004 GSI, manheim grade 5, 83k, I think CC was £1400. Through my PC it looked a truly hateful thing. A four pack of Magnum's for who can guess what it made.

£2300

1 hour ago, Casper said:

£1975

In contrast a smokey one went through bca Bedford yesterday for roughly £500.

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

£2300

Enjoy your magnums Mark .. 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Ahh the GSi Zafpig, for puka council estate royalty, the type with full on brick cladding and Flag Of St George on a huge pole in front garden:D

......:ph34r: I really liked them, bloody good earnersB)

I think they like the idea of something they can fill with dubious chinese tuning crap off ebay! 

£2100

They seem to have a bit of a following... 

Unless it was Arden Blue, then it probably made £4200.... :rolleyes:

A chav's wet dream, when you've got too many kids to have a Scooby! :D

Edited by Ocsltd
  • Like 1

We have always done well with these. Sold a 14 plate just last week while it was still being valeted before it even made it on the net. They tick a lot of boxes for a lot of customers.

But they do attract a certain type of profile as Tradex said. Their opening line & explanation is usually--- 'hello mate, wot it is ,is, i need a new car cos my missus has run off with my brother and taken the car, and i've now hooked up with my cousin (but its ok cos she aint blood) and shes got 3 kids and i've got 4 kids and my ex wifes 2 stepkids, so when we are all together we need a 7 seater'. I comment that it adds up to 11 people with adults. He explains that its ok cos the 8 year olds will just have the 2 year olds sitting on their laps and they will all fit in ok, but just gets a bit difficult balancing all their food when they visit the drive through burger king.

They do tick a lot of boxes, and they always sell. And for the bottom end buyers they can fix them on the cheap too.  Round my way they're mostly bought by gypo mums and weekend cabbies.

4 hours ago, Tony F said:

We have always done well with these. Sold a 14 plate just last week while it was still being valeted before it even made it on the net. They tick a lot of boxes for a lot of customers.

But they do attract a certain type of profile as Tradex said. Their opening line & explanation is usually--- 'hello mate, wot it is ,is, i need a new car cos my missus has run off with my brother and taken the car, and i've now hooked up with my cousin (but its ok cos she aint blood) and shes got 3 kids and i've got 4 kids and my ex wifes 2 stepkids, so when we are all together we need a 7 seater'. I comment that it adds up to 11 people with adults. He explains that its ok cos the 8 year olds will just have the 2 year olds sitting on their laps and they will all fit in ok, but just gets a bit difficult balancing all their food when they visit the drive through burger king.

Nearly fell off my chair reading that:lol: , how very true though :lol:

1 hour ago, tradex said:

:lol:, fuck, I've had a bad week, needed thatB)

Me too really me made laugh normally with me they all turn up on the viewing :D:lol: