Arfur Dealy

July, how’s it going

Utterly Dreadful June  

Three already so far though, so let’s hope we’re back in business!

34 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Utterly Dreadful June  

Three already so far though, so let’s hope we’re back in business!

Funny old game, June the best month for me so far. It’s year end that matters.

Edited by Arfur Dealy

Very positive so far. Finishing up on Friday for two weeks. We close for the fortnight, so a few before we close the doors is always nice. Had a thumper of a May and a great June, so have a bit of 'fat' on us if we don't manage to get a few on the board before/after holidays. We always managed though :)

Stevie

We have picked up, Done 3 today and 1 yesterday so hopefully it stays like this as the last couple of Months have been poor.

10 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

We have picked up, Done 3 today and 1 yesterday so hopefully it stays like this as the last couple of Months have been poor.

Continuing the momentum here with 7 so far. 

3 hours ago, tradex said:

The first guy was an old excentric boy with no hands (just stumps and it's a manual car!) with a wife like Margo....three issues with car, not an auto, 1500 quid over their budget as they just want a banger to leave by their gate to stop people parking there, this after watching the video, the 20 pics and talking thru his needs:o but then wanted to drive a Focus, Punto, Picanto, Megane also not suitable as all manuals so NO way....how I managed to be polite I'll never know:D

Wow that's a difficult customer , stumps and a manual car to test drive , if hes seen 20 pictures and a video he must of been a blind driver too , cant see, cant reach the gears or steering wheel :huh: and its over his budget as well :lol: 

7 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Wow that's a difficult customer , stumps and a manual car to test drive , if hes seen 20 pictures and a video he must of been a blind driver too , cant see, cant reach the gears or steering wheel :huh: and its over his budget as well :lol: 

whats new

we all get these types july and august:lol:

plus they always wear shorts:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, tradex said:

hh and wanted a grand for a 98 406 with 200k up it looking like its been around Speedworth Banger track....."my mechanic says its worth a grand plus, which is why we spent 800 quid getting it thru an MOT".....mechanic? Should be a salesman 

98 406 OMG :lol: wasn't worth a grand when it was new :D. With 200,000 on clock I'd tell him it will cost him £50 to leave it here as scrap has gone down in value :rolleyes:

A bad June has continued into July for me now. Last car sold was just over two weeks ago.

Edited by Lakeside

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

A bad June has continued into July for me now. Last car sold was just over two weeks ago.

You are not alone...…. 

Had an OK June and I am having a fantastic July so far.

Went to watch Wimbledon on Monday the 1st, took my daughter for a nice lunch in London on Tue, going to Goodwood tomorrow, The Henley Regatta on Saturday and I might even sell something on Sunday!

Who knows :-)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Went to watch Wimbledon on Monday the 1st, took my daughter for a nice lunch in London on Tue, going to Goodwood tomorrow, The Henley Regatta on Saturday and I might even sell something on Sunday!

Tour de France for the rest of the month?

9 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

At Goodwood today Nik travelled down last night.  Closed up for the day and took all the lads from work. 

5 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Tour de France for the rest of the month?

:lol:

3 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Nice of him to pay:D

:0) Imagine the sweat coming of his brow just thinking about  it! 

Another one yesterday and two today! Back in business all of a sudden!

Where is TV anyway? 

45 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Where is TV anyway? 

HMRC finally nailed him 

On 05/07/2019 at 7:33 AM, Rory RSC said:

At Goodwood today Nik travelled down last night

I wish I saw this post sooner, it was such a long day yesterday, especially the traffic back. Definitely going again next year but on the Saturday. 

19 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I wish I saw this post sooner, it was such a long day yesterday, especially the traffic back. Definitely going again next year but on the Saturday. 

Its one of those places you need to be in for 7am/8am or else the traffic is awful and then going back no way of avoiding it. Brilliant day out with great weather. I think i've been about 7 or 8 years running now. 

we have done 7 this month, but this weekend has been a shocker after so many appointments not showing. 

I literally just book them in now and that's it. I don't pay any more attention after that. my diary has become a waste of time.

2 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I literally just book them in now and that's it. I don't pay any more attention after that.

You don't text them to confirm a day before? You don't text them to confirm on the morning of the appointment? You don't call them to ask about pre-approving them for finance so you can save (them) a lot of  time on the day? 

You must at least be calling them to offer them to reserve the car because of the high level of enquiries on it?

If you don't people won't get serious about your car, they will continue to online-window-shop until something or someone makes them serious. 

3 sold this weekend, all 3 on finance, all 3 with a small deposit paid unseen. One is actually paid by the finance co but the customer has not even seen it yet. 

I pre qualify them on the phone. If they are coming in they are already pre approved on finance, that’s just school boy stuff if you’re not doing that. If they don’t turn up there’s naff all you can do about it. We are too busy to worry about the ones that don’t.

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

You don't text them to confirm a day before? You don't text them to confirm on the morning of the appointment? You don't call them to ask about pre-approving them for finance so you can save (them) a lot of  time on the day? 

You must at least be calling them to offer them to reserve the car because of the high level of enquiries on it?

If you don't people won't get serious about your car, they will continue to online-window-shop until something or someone makes them serious. 

3 sold this weekend, all 3 on finance, all 3 with a small deposit paid unseen. One is actually paid by the finance co but the customer has not even seen it yet. 

i am loving your work Sir ......................how it should be done !!!!