Sign in to follow this  
jimreidvehicle

THE FCA, THE ONLY PLACE WHERE 4 DAYS DEFERRED PERIOD ACTUALLY MEAN 2 DAYS , BUT 2 DAYS DOESN'T EQUAL 48 HOURS.

Confused? Well we are!

So the FCA decided back in June this year that they would take out the 4 day rule for selling GAP product to customers, the reason? oh thats right to make it an even playing field for online GAP sellers and give customers a better choice and to Treat them Fairly!

So, 4 days thats easy! 

Present the product on Monday, no action taken on Tuesday or Wednesday, then registration of GAP and invoicing on Thursday! EASY! Well actually it means that there has to be 2 clear days between Presentation and registration/invoicing! 

Ok, when I went to school 2 days = 48 hours, this would mean if I presented GAP to a customer at 9am on Monday morning, I should be able to register and invoice the product on 9.01am on Wednesday as 48 hours has passed, YES or NO? Nobody knows! Crazy.

The next thing is the customer can if they really want GAP, they can over rule this 4day rule and ask you to register it 'the next day' after the presentation, so back to the showroom 7.00pm Monday presentation, back in the showroom 7.00am Tuesday, can I register & invoice it then? Strictly speaking its 'next day' but only 12 hours!

Now this is not the only confusion with FCA, one of our Dealer Only Forum members has been asked to carry out his first annual finance report through Gabriel, only for one month trading crazily enough and you would think easy enough, but look at the 6 questions, I would like each of you to answer these questions as your interpret them, don't ask anyone your view only.

Revenue from credit-related regulated activities

Total revenue (including from activities other than credit- related regulated activities)

Number of transactions involving credit-related regulated activities in reporting period

Number of complaints related to credit-related regulated activities received in period

Credit-related regulated activity carried out in relation to the greatest number of customers in reporting period

Total annual income as defined in FEES 4 Annex 11BR for the purpose of FCA fees reporting

Answers by reply, thank you! 

I haver never had to be involved in the fsa, so for me ...

1/ commission made from finance

2/ any other form of insurance policies, gap, warranty, possibly card payments etc

3/the actual number of transactions for the above, so if 12 warrants were sold then12 would be the answer.

4/people who complained about finance or a product such as a warranty

5/identify highest credit activity, so if you put 10 on finance, 15 on gap the answer would be 15as it's the highest 

6/your gross sales of everything