Daz_720s

How many dealers selling without using Autotrader

I Know autotrader brings in the most solid buyers and most interest, would be interesting to see how many people are selling without using autotrader

I have been trading for 13 years and have never placed a single advertisement on Autotrader. Maybe I am missing something, but certainly not the costs I hear spoken about on here! 

We do just fine without them. 

Every case is different there is no one size fits all.

Well, it's been a week or two since we had this discussion...

operating profit up 10% at autotrader

i see they are still squeezing the pips

best of luck to them and all who sail in her

anyway i have a fantastic ponzi scheme in mind

anyone interested

ive already invested in myself

whos next:lol:

• Like 1

I do advertise with them and have been for many years. We try and monitor where our enquiries come from and I would say that on average probably 80% of our sales come from them. I did cancel them last year but didn't even make the full month without them because it was like a tap had been turned off. We are also on Cargurus and Ebay. Nothing would make me happier than kicking them into touch but I don't think I would survive with the few deals that come from elsewhere

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Autolink100 said:

I do advertise with them and have been for many years. We try and monitor where our enquiries come from and I would say that on average probably 80% of our sales come from them. I did cancel them last year but didn't even make the full month without them because it was like a tap had been turned off. We are also on Cargurus and Ebay. Nothing would make me happier than kicking them into touch but I don't think I would survive with the few deals that come from elsewhere

+1

This will go on and on wont it .

No two of our business are the same , None of our expectations are even similar , stock differs , profits differ , speed of sales differ , burn rate differs , 

With this in mind its upto each and all to carve out a niche that suits . 

We will never be the same . I run two companies selling cars , they are very very different even with the same people on board . 

Auto trader works for us of that there's no doubt at all . 

Wont suit us all , and to think my system will suit another site is not going to happen , why we cant recommend AT or Not .

We have to find what is best for us , build on it , try it , earn money , be happy , that's what matters .

I can stock cars others cant sell , others stock cars i cant sell , " WHY " I'll never work that out either , and that's the same subject really isnt it .

Long as you earn , Go for it . 

19 hours ago, Dealer said:

+1

I agree but isn't it funny how some say they have dropped them and it made no difference to there sales!

This is the same as doing a very long distance journey without getting on the motorway.

You’d still reach your destination but it makes no sense to do it using slow roads that take 3 times longer. 

People can sell without AT but will sell less units for less money and after stocking them longer. 

Pay the fee, use the toll road, get there faster. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Row said:

I agree but isn't it funny how some say they have dropped them and it made no difference to there sales!

Not in the slightest. The people that drop it aren’t seeing the value in the first place. 

Me or Nik both find it works for our quite different business models. Neither of us would drop it.

a couple of other dealers who feel it’s a big bill and aren’t seeing the leads being provided would not miss the sales as it isn’t providing any.

39 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

:D that's a different way to put it Nick! 

54 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

This is the same as doing a very long distance journey without getting on the motorway.

You’d still reach your destination but it makes no sense to do it using slow roads that take 3 times longer. 

People can sell without AT but will sell less units for less money and after stocking them longer. 

I couldn’t imagine dropping AT, they attract the best quality customers. 

AT are the pinnacle, it’s the first port of call for the educated quality buyer. 

The quality of leads from FB are moronic in comparison. eBay bubble had burst and the others Autovulva etc etc are a waste of time.

As long ad AT attract the billies I’ll keep paying them.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:25 PM, Autolink100 said:

I like your honesty Autolink100

17 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I couldn’t imagine dropping AT, they attract the best quality customers. 

AT are the pinnacle, it’s the first port of call for the educated quality buyer. 

The quality of leads from FB are moronic in comparison. eBay bubble had burst and the others Autovulva etc etc are a waste of time.

As long ad AT attract the billies I’ll keep paying them.

Always used autotrader. Expensive but best imo. 800+ vat 9 cars package

Just signed up with ebay/gumtree. 13 cars 239+vat per month.  (3 month trial)

Just started tracking sales, 5 sales since started asking 4 autotrader 1 gumtree. Probable meaningless as such small sample size.

My stock profile is 8 to 13 year old petrol cars less than 90000 miles.

1 hour ago, BIGNIT said:

Always used autotrader. Expensive but best imo. 800+ vat 9 cars package

Just signed up with ebay/gumtree. 13 cars 239+vat per month.  (3 month trial)

Just started tracking sales, 5 sales since started asking 4 autotrader 1 gumtree. Probable meaningless as such small sample size.

My stock profile is 8 to 13 year old petrol cars less than 90000 miles.

Hi, would you be happy to say if that was for the Basic, Plus, or Premium 'package' please (in terms of features you get)?

We are looking at adding on eBay Motors to existing AT advertising to try it.

Also, did you call them and easily get that price (its listed as £298 pm for 10 cars on their website), or was this off the back of them calling you?

Many thanks.

4 hours ago, Dracon800 said:

Hi, would you be happy to say if that was for the Basic, Plus, or Premium 'package' please (in terms of features you get)?

We are looking at adding on eBay Motors to existing AT advertising to try it.

Also, did you call them and easily get that price (its listed as £298 pm for 10 cars on their website), or was this off the back of them calling you?

Many thanks.

Basic package, they called me offered me 10 for 298+vat, I said no, he then offered 10 for 239+vat. 239 is the price for a 12 month contract but said I could have this for a 3 month trial.

There 10 car package is actually 13 car package they give 3 for free.

Worth a try for 3 months.

Hey Guys,

While on the Autotrader Topic...

How much yous pay for 100 Cars?

Car Gurus For 100 Cars?

I use USEDCARSNI in N.Ireland and pay £3000 every quarter and was paying £400 a month on Car Gurus but they tried to increase to £700 and I pulled the pin.

Defiantly noticed sales down this past 2 Weeks since dropping CarGurus, Think I’m going to get back on board so wondering if anyone got a deal from them?

Edited by Boydy1985