Sign in to follow this  
XFS

Feeling Like a Leper..lol

At least a couple of years ago I tried to join the advanced forum in the way specified by sending proof of trading. Never heard a squeak. It wasn't important, so I forgot about it I guess. I remembered about it this morning, so did the same again, proof on MT insurance etc...again...not a dickie bird. 

Its not a big deal, but being ignored twice...pretty rude really.

Just now, XFS said:

Took me 7-8 months and a dozen tries :-)

15 minutes ago, XFS said:

At least a couple of years ago I tried to join the advanced forum in the way specified by sending proof of trading. Never heard a squeak. It wasn't important, so I forgot about it I guess. I remembered about it this morning, so did the same again, proof on MT insurance etc...again...not a dickie bird. 

Same here.......... Done it once, never heard a thing. 

1 minute ago, Dealer said:

Same here.......... Done it once, never heard a thing. 

+ 1

4 minutes ago, justina3 said:

On a plus note if you stay out you keep your like button. 

Rebecca sorted it out for me in the end. 

It does seem that we are left to our own devices nowadays. Pity our idea of one of us helping with moderating/admin the other month also fell on deaf ears. 

(Shame no contribution from Big Mike too after his intro)

And where’s not Scottish/Scottish Dave 2301254321 gone? Hot tub holiday?

I think they might all be tied up organising their exhibition at the moment.You might have to send them more proof that you are a pro car dealer.I don’t think the forum can be a priority,as we probably don’t generate much income for them.We have to be kept at ‘arms length’.Can you imagine if a few of us tried to get into the exhibition,they would probably have us sign some legal undertaking not to ask any relevant motor trade questions to any of the digital bullshitters promoting themselves.

I did not get where I am today without knowing a ‘digital bullshitter’ when I see one....CJ would have said that.

15 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I think they might all be tied up organising their exhibition at the moment.You might have to send them more proof that you are a pro car dealer.I don’t think the forum can be a priority,as we probably don’t generate much income for them.We have to be kept at ‘arms length’.Can you imagine if a few of us tried to get into the exhibition,they would probably have us sign some legal undertaking not to ask any relevant motor trade questions to any of the digital bullshitters promoting themselves.

I did not get where I am today without knowing a ‘digital bullshitter’ when I see one....CJ would have said that.

There is a bit of that but some of its pretty useful and free and I really am not one for expo / trade show type events. Some of the stuff I picked up at CDX a few years ago changed my business and didn't cost me a penny. 

12 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

There is a bit of that but some of its pretty useful and free and I really am not one for expo / trade show type events. Some of the stuff I picked up at CDX a few years ago changed my business and didn't cost me a penny. 

I totally agree,I would imagine you might be able to network some good dealer group contacts for stock etc.aswell as loads of other stuff that could improve your business.I am sure there will be plenty of good people there,I was just referring to the bullshitters.There appears to be more and more of them about.Just lately I had this guy telling me that for 2 grand per month he could radically improve our SEO and we could then buy a lot more stock at the door.The small print on the extended contract said that no results were guaranteed.....he was told to Foxtrot Oscar.

• Like 1

theres more to the world than being in a box

i am not a number i am a free man with a mini moke

10 minutes ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

theres more to the world than being in a box

i am not a number i am a free man with a mini moke

Personally I have had no complaints about the size of my "moke"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trade vet said:

Honestly? I don’t care whether they let me in or not, it’s not something I am going to chase up. I gave them the specific proof they asked for.

My point really is that it takes a couple of minutes to answer an email.

I am every bit as busy as any of the staff here are, but if someone from admin emailed me or someone from the forum sent me a message, I would answer as a matter of courtesy.

46 minutes ago, XFS said:

Honestly? I don’t care whether they let me in or not, it’s not something I am going to chase up. I gave them the specific proof they asked for.

My point really is that it takes a couple of minutes to answer an email.

I am every bit as busy as any of the staff here are, but if someone from admin emailed me or someone from the forum sent me a message, I would answer as a matter of courtesy.

Courtesy !,the average employee these days doesn’t have that.They often don’t care about their jobs and know little about who they are working for.However,ask them a question and they have a ready made bullshit reply.I seem to come across this every day and get very annoyed.

7 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

And where’s not Scottish/Scottish Dave 2301254321 gone? Hot tub holiday?

Busy teaching myself to do Custom EEPROMMING, plus all the daily jobs has taken it's toll on available forum time ;)

I haven't got access either despite asking a couple of times and but to be honest there are some things I would much rather be posting away from the general public's eyes. I cringe sometimes when I see what some post in the public domain.

We sent request with proof and got access within a week or so. They never emailed back to confirm though, I just clicked and there it was

5 hours ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

So guys what are we missing out in the advance forum 

Free cake!!